Kevin Friend

Barney

"We're going to smash them (Crystal Palace)"
Supports
Liverpool
If Fellaini is involved in an incident they should just send him off. It'll be the right decision 9/10 times, no need to see it at all.
Yeah, that's true enough. Glad he wasn't sent off though as I want him to play against us.

RooneyLegend

There was no advantage when we scored, the ball had been played into a space where young was supposed to be but he was on the floor. Thought he had a great game and he's by far my fav ref. Not trigger happy like the rest who seem to enjoy 11 v 10 games and matches decided on innocuous penalties. Mane slipped so that wasn't a red. With the intentional handball by fellaini he had let the same offence go without a booking by a southampton player early on in the game, so it was good consistency.

People expecting refs to get every decision right are nuts. They get one time to see these offences and action moves rather quickly.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
There was no advantage when we scored, the ball had been played into a space where young was supposed to be but he was on the floor. Thought he had a great game and he's by far my fav ref. Not trigger happy like the rest who seem to enjoy 11 v 10 games and matches decided on innocuous penalties. Mane slipped so that wasn't a red. With the intentional handball by fellaini he had let the same offence go without a booking by a southampton player early on in the game, so it was good consistency.

People expecting refs to get every decision right are nuts. They get one time to see these offences and action moves rather quickly.
I can't seem to find the white text.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
I thought he was ok, definitely not a performance thread worthy.

The French over here think the PL has the best refs around. I also don't think a bad decision, which can happen to anyone, makes a bad ref. And I think internet boards are a big problem with this, debating stuff with replays and slow mos without taking into account the context or difficulty of the situation. Not enough perspective. Also there is a tendency to say a ref did something 'right' or 'wrong' when more often than not, it's a judgment call (which you may or may not agree with) that they're expected to make with the information they have at the time.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I don't think he was as bad as the ref who did the City Everton game though.

ctp

Bump. What the feck was that yellow for Falcao? :houllier:

freeurmind

weak willed
We're at the stage now where there isn't a single referee in the league that you can rely on. They all seem unfit and all seem to be unable to do a good job.

Bojan11

Offside wasn’t his fault. But why he didn’t book Mane is beyond me.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
He’s feckin awful isn’t he?

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Didn’t watch properly but didn’t seem to do too much wrong from what I seen. The offside decisions are on the linesman, not him.

NinjaFletch

We're at the stage now where there isn't a single referee in the league that you can rely on. They all seem unfit and all seem to be unable to do a good job.
I noticed this the other day when watching Mike Dean ref.

How has the biggest lesgue in the world got itself in to a position where all its refs are paunchy, middle aged men? It's an awful look even before the fact you throw in the lack of competency.

They all seem to think they are part of the entertainment now. Maybe it's the increased media exposure and effects of professionalisation.

Ainu

I can't say I've noticed Kevin Friend all that much over the years, which is usually a good sign. He wasn't helped by a pair of visually impaired linos yesterday. There are worse than him in this league, the likes of Oliver, Moss, Dean and Atkinson. I get that it's a difficult job but you have to wonder if this lot are really the best fit for the job.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
I can't say I've noticed Kevin Friend all that much over the years, which is usually a good sign. He wasn't helped by a pair of visually impaired linos yesterday. There are worse than him in this league, the likes of Oliver, Moss, Dean and Atkinson. I get that it's a difficult job but you have to wonder if this lot are really the best fit for the job.
Don't the main refs choose their own linos?

montpelier

I could easily walk into some stick here but I don't mind Mike Dean - I think he's pretty consistent in what he gives & doesn't give (you might not like it, but that isn't the same thing) & he's normally the same at both ends imo. So I reckon the less good teams might mark him quite highly.

Michael Oliver on the other hand - arrives at the scene of a decision, and you're never quite sure what's he going to give are you?

Kevin Friend would have got more right last night tossing a coin. The Matip booking compared to the 2 he ignored - :lol: :lol:.

The Shaw tackle was not clearly and obviously wrong. He got the ball.

the Burnley player should have been sent off for denying a goal scoring opportunity.

I can’t see any other outcome.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
He got the Shaw call right but that disallowed goal is a fecking disgrace.
Shaw kicked the ball away, can you explain how it’s a foul?

Kag

Shaw kicked the ball away, can you explain how it’s a foul?
It doesn’t make a difference because he followed through and made contact with the leg.

This has been the rule for ages now so I’m not sure what people are surprised by.