Kevin Friend

NinjaFletch

I know we always moan about refereeing performances, but if there's ever one the FA needs to look at its that.

The staggering regularity with which he got fundamentally basic decisions wrong (I've never in my life seen the advantage rule applied so poorly in my life) as well as the lack of what could be called 'control' over the game was appalling.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Prefer him to Kevin Professor.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
I liked the time he had to tell a Southampton player that Rooney wasn't the ref :lol:

Was a poor standard but nothing major came up so..

caid

Yeah i blame the crap tackles at the end on him -
the elbow on hererra and the stupid tackle on van persie.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Worse performance than a celebrity ref. Pranced around looking stoned.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
How do you do a two footed challenge that goes through someone's ankle and stay on the pitch? Ask Kevin Friend!

SkeppyRed

Lineups Game Winner 2012/13
Did his best to try an help S'oton back into it.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
I know that Southampton tried to press high but they got away with a lot of shit because of Friend, he saw that we struggled when pressed and basically gave all 50-50's to Southampton just assuming that there was no contact

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
How the feck did Mane not get sent off? Was a disgraceful tackle really. Ridiculous.

NinjaFletch

How Fellaini wasn't booked for his handball was incredible.
Thats what I mean, ignoring the fact that Fellaini was fouled right in front of him, a deliberate handball is one of the easiest yellow cards you'll ever give out how you can fail to do that I don't know.

He was moderately bad tonight. There have been far worse this year.
I honestly don't think there have been, there have been referees that have made worse decisions (Clattenburg etc...) but in terms of achieving such a consistently poor standard over 90 minutes thats one of the worse I've seen.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
He was moderately bad tonight. There have been far worse this year.
That's the worry, I thought Friend was atrocious but then I compared him to other refs I've seen this season and he doesn't come out the worst. Seems like everyone's having a shit season: referees, managers, players, team doctors, fans (quiet stadiums, Claude/Ty, etc).

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
I wouldn't even have him in my worst 5 United refereeing performances this season. That says it all really.

Irrational.

Missed a pretty obvious sending off.

Is it me, or does the PL have the biggest group of feckless, blind and incompetent refs in the world?

Clattenberg
Atkinson
Oliver
Friend
Marriner

I wouldn't trust them to referee an under 8's five a side game, never mind a Premier League game.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
His inability to play advantage allowed us to score the winner. Good shit refereeing.

Mane should have been off through. And Rooney getting booked after being fouled by Fonte (when Rooney could have been through on goal) was nonsense as well.

Patchbeard

How the feck did Mane not get sent off? Was a disgraceful tackle really. Ridiculous.
To be fair, his left foot slips. He was running in like a reckless maniac, which was what caused the slip with the other foot up to turn into such a bad looking challenge, but I don't think it was any way intentional.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff

Is it me, or does the PL have the biggest group of feckless, blind and incompetent refs in the world?

Clattenberg
Atkinson
Oliver
Friend
Marriner

I wouldn't trust them to referee an under 8's five a side game, never mind a Premier League game.
You should add Dowd to that list. I like Oliver though :(

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
His inability to play advantage allowed us to score the winner. Good shit refereeing.

Mane should have been off through. And Rooney getting booked after being fouled by Fonte (when Rooney could have been through on goal) was nonsense as well.
Yeah, that made me laugh. So many indignant United fans complaining about his bias right after he awarded that free kick but then you go score the winner from his feck up.

Hojoon

Clattenberg
Atkinson
Oliver
Friend
Marriner

La Liga? Mateu Lahoz, Undiano Mallenco, David Fernández Borbalán all have a compilation of key ridiculous decisions every few months. Mind you, as a former ref, I do feel sorry for them. It's an impossible job.

JohnnyLaw

Clattenberg
Atkinson
Oliver
Friend
Marriner

I Think it's pretty much the same in every League. Since I've followed Ibrahimovic almost every game since leaving Inter I can tell you that the spanish and the french referees are just as bad if not worse. The italians aren't flawless either.

I thought he had a good game, all in all. He missed a few things, but that's to be expected.

Fellaini's elbow

Should have played advantage when we scored

Could have been a red card to Mane, but a yellow was fine.

Sir A1ex

He seems to me like he's afraid to actually referee. He missed so many niggly fouls for both sides that both sets of players ended up getting really pissed off with him.

Barney

"We're going to smash them (Crystal Palace)"
Supports
Liverpool

Clattenberg
Atkinson
Oliver
Friend
Marriner

Clatts and Oliver are good.

Mason and Swarbrick are worse.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
I reckon it was because the ref judged him as the player in possession and therefore recieved a more leniant punishment.
Regardless, it's literally the most blatant deliberate handball ever. That's what the foul was given for. It's simply got to be a booking.

Sylar

He seems like he wants to be everybodys friend so will not send anybody off or give a pen but give stuff outside the box so not to directly influence the result.

We do have some really bad refs, but on the flip side, most of the linesman are not bad

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
To be fair, his left foot slips. He was running in like a reckless maniac, which was what caused the slip with the other foot up to turn into such a bad looking challenge, but I don't think it was any way intentional.
Yeah I agree that it probably wasn't intentional but that doesn't take away from the fact that it ended up being a reckless two footed lunge that could have seriously injured RvP. Wasn't one of those frustrated tackles where he purposely takes him out, but he did take him out. Never really liked the whole "there has to be intent" rule with penalties and things like that. Intent to cheat or do a tackle like that should always be a red card, but just because something is accidental doesn't mean it shouldn't be called as well. That's how I see it at least.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Mane should have definitely been sent off, Fellaini could have quite possibly joined him (how does he get away with elbowing someone every fecking game!?). Apart from that I did notice a few poor non-advantage decisions...so yeah, poor overall.

Ringo 07

I thought there was nothing wrong with his performance. Refs will make mistakes but at least he's not completely brain dead like clattenburg

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Mane should have definitely been sent off, Fellaini could have quite possibly joined him (how does he get away with elbowing someone every fecking game!?). Apart from that I did notice a few poor non-advantage decisions...so yeah, poor overall.
Not to pick on you, but refs have a limited range of vision, you can't call what isn't clear from your angle.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Not to pick on you, but refs have a limited range of vision, you can't call what isn't clear from your angle.
If Fellaini is involved in an incident they should just send him off. It'll be the right decision 9/10 times, no need to see it at all.