Kevin Friend

James Peril

Right.

VAR checked the Shaw challenge and deemed it fine. So why suddenly when their was a chance that a Burnley player got a deserved red did they change their mind? They're obviously taking the piss just because they didn't want to sent him off.

Maguire decision to disallow the goal was also a joke. Shit ref.
Learn the rules. They check the second decision to see if there is violent conduct involved, they have already made a decision on Shaw. Obviously the tackle from Brady isn’t violent conduct, hence no red card, yellow is taken back and they move back to a free-kick for Burnley. Shaw gets a yellow for the follow-through, fair decision.

Maguire-decision is however baffling, although slight push in the back. He should see that on the screen if anything.

NinjaFletch

How is it a foul? He gets the ball, and his foot goes through naturally. He doesn't purposely change his directio or put his studs up on purpose. It's a 50/50 where one player got there later than the other and got knocked.

Might aswell just feck football off if you can't challenge.
Because he studs him halfway up his calf with some force. The touch on the ball is the only thing preventing him being sent off, it's not a great tackle and you'll see them receive bookings time and time again.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
One of the worst refereeing performances I’ve seen in a long time. I actually would believe it if someone said he’d been paid off. Shocking.

Maguire disallowed goal shoulda been given more time to decide. Ridiculous decision. Just run over to the monitor you cnut.
It's one of those you should never call in the VAR age. If it's a foul VAR will tell you on review. But Friend knew that it would never get allowed after he whistled in real time, which is exactly why he called it.

slored1

No complaints about the Shaw decision but I am baffled how there was no goal given for Maguire. Burnley score that every week.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I normally don’t comment on these things because I think it’s normally just one of ‘those things’ every fan of their club thinks a ref is officiating against them — but feck me he’s had an absolutely rotten first half. Two outrageously horrific calls.

NinjaFletch

Learn the rules. They check the second decision to see if there is violent conduct involved, they have already made a decision on Shaw. Obviously the tackle from Brady isn’t violent conduct, hence no red card, yellow is taken back and they move back to a free-kick for Burnley. Shaw gets a yellow for the follow-through, fair decision.

Maguire-decision is however baffling, although slight push in the back. He should see that on the screen if anything.
They were checking it for Denial of a Goal Scoring Opportunity. The only way they have the power to take it back to Shaw's is if they think it's a red card. It doesn't have to be violent conduct, just a straight red card offence.

Zen86

No complaints about the Shaw decision but I am baffled how there was no goal given for Maguire. Burnley score that every week.
And how many times has De Gea been wrestled and manhandled by the opposition on corners. No fouls ever given there, it’s the keeper being “weak”.

Dan_F

Unbelievable header from Maguire. I’ve got no idea what it’s even ruled out for. He’s in the air long before there’s any contact. The arm barely even touches the defender anyway. It’s just a perfect attacking header.

Maguire has literally won that same header about five times defending this evening

pablo__p

Of course he made sure to rule it out rather than have it stand and THEN have it reviewed by var.
Why? "clear&obvious", he knows if it was given initially, bar wouldn't overrule it

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Because he studs him halfway up his calf with some force. The touch on the ball is the only thing preventing him being sent off, it's not a great tackle and you'll see them receive bookings time and time again.
So basically just arrive at every ball late as the other player is kicking it and let them kick you and you get a foul :lol: love football me. Learn something new every day.

slored1

And how many times has De Gea been wrestled and manhandled by the opposition on corners. No fouls ever given there, it’s the keeper being “weak”.
Yep, they allow that type of goals for the likes of Burnley and Stoke every time but not for us. Weird.

Coleyoscar

I never thought Friend was a bad referee to be honest. I think what's playing out tonight is the result of the "United get all the decisions" narrative. I don't believe for a minute that Maguire's goal would have been disallowed had it been scored against United.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604

What rules? There aren't any rules.

They just do what the feck they want. You even basically say that with your second paragraph :lol:

NinjaFletch

So basically just arrive at every ball late as the other player is kicking it and let them kick you and you get a foul :lol: love football me. Learn something new every day.
No, you just can't lunge whether you get the ball or don't get the ball. That's hardly a new devlopment.

RORY65

If in making a tackle you don't have the control to stop before following through with studs up into the opponents shin then you can't make the challenge. Getting the ball hasn't been enough for it not to be a foul for the last 20+ years. The Maguire disallowed goal is the nonsense decision in this game.

James Peril

How is it a foul? He gets the ball, and his foot goes through naturally. He doesn't purposely change his directio or put his studs up on purpose. It's a 50/50 where one player got there later than the other and got knocked.

Might aswell just feck football off if you can't challenge.
Jesus christ. If you literally run into a tackle with your foot in full reach/studs out, there is obviously a big possibility of clattering the opponent, which he does. Funny thing is, his foot also changes direction a little bit before impact from the last angle shown. Only luck separates Shaw from solid contact and a certain red card. It’s not a 50/50 when Shaw goes straight into the player with his studs and the other does not, touching the ball (slightly) or not.

Who says you can’t challenge? You just can’t go into a challenge at that pace with your studs without risk. Poor tackle, if it was the other way around people would be furious on this very forum right now.

One of the weakest refereeing performances of the season. Conned repeatedly by play acting and pressure.

OldSchoolManc

Awful performance. Won despite. Even played 97 minutes when there were only 4 added minutes

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
Everyone has that friend who's a complete dick. Turns out PGMOL does too.