Kevin Friend

dev1l

And now Clownenberg has opened his Geordie gob claiming Utd players play for fouls and penalties. That was the headline but he goes on to say that Liverpool do too. Who can remember the number of penalties Gerrard got by steaming into the area within a yard of Vidic and falling over? I hope we beat the Scousers by a dubious penalty on Sunday. Klopp will melt his shiny white teeth.
Or Stevie s epic dive vs Andorra :) it s on.youtube.

pav1790

Without a doubt. The likes of Burnley can get away with all kinds of shithousery, and you know the goal would have stood if it was the other end.

And where the feck did the 8 minutes of injury time come from? Twat
I like this. It is extremely petty, almost an afterthought.

visiting villain

Supports
Aston Villa
I remember him chalking off a perfectly valid last minute equalizer for us vs C. Palace last year because Grealish "dived" even though he played the ball through.

Fitchett

Which team does he support? I can bet a good amount that it's one of our rivals. No other explanation for that shitshow against us today.
I believe he's from Leicester. Probably still sore at Maguire joining us from Leicester. Plus Leicester are now 2nd in the table, we edged them out of a CL spot at the death last season. It makes you wonder.

Last edited:

Based Adnan

Not surprised this cnut is working VAR after we're denied a penalty due to the foul on Fred

UncleBob

This solves everything. He has done nothing wrong, nothing to talk about, but he wont referee the next match.

but he has done nothing wrong

JinnerJamie

Small ginger
I can imagine those rational folk over on RAWK:

Mr Ferguson / Old Whiskey Nose pulling the strings at the FA!!! Facht it was a clear penalty, it’s a conspiracy against Juergen Koop and Liverpool Football Club to prevent us from winning the league.
I say, 4 match ban for Evra!

Bertie Wooster

I missed this as I didn't watch the highlights knowing Liverpool won. But, from reading about it, it seems Friend was the onfield ref and rightly didn't award a penalty. Then VAR told him to look at it again which, as the stats mentioned show, means the ref will almost always change the decision.

So, if it's deemed it shouldn't have been a pen, the main fault seems to be with the VAR ref, Craig Pawson, for advising it? If it's 49 out of 49 times that the onfield ref has gone with the VAR recommendation, then it looks like any ref, not just Friend, would have changed their decision when advised to by Pawson.

cj_sparky

The problem laid with the VAR official Craig Pawson. Newcastle vs City, Pawson on VAR didn't recommend Martin Atkinson look at the monitor when Ederson fouled Fraser and yet recommended Friend looked at the Jota incident.

Punishing a referee for VAR officials incompetence seems unfair. Friend didn't miss Firminho offside either.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
This is good news IMO.

Referees should make their own decisions and stop going with the VAR recommendation unless they agree with it also.

I really don't see why they tell him their opinion in the first place. Just say I think you need to relook at it.

IMO the Jota penalty was too soft, not every contact is a foul. The fact he was pretty much forced into it (as nobody goes against VAR) shows they aren't using their own brains.

UncleBob

The problem laid with the VAR official Craig Pawson. Newcastle vs City, Pawson on VAR didn't recommend Martin Atkinson look at the monitor when Ederson fouled Fraser and yet recommended Friend looked at the Jota incident.

Punishing a referee for VAR officials incompetence seems unfair. Friend didn't miss Firminho offside either.
Problem is obviously both, Friend could have stuck with his original decision but decided to award the penalty instead

Fitchett

Yes, no loss at all. It was unbelievable how he disallowed Maguire's header at Burnley the season before last.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I wouldn't be sad if 90% of the PL refs stepped down tbh.

ElCuddlos

I wouldn't be sad if 90% of the PL refs stepped down tbh.
I think you would. Do you really think there is a secret minibus full of top class referees just parked around the corner waiting for the current crop to retire? There is a full-blown refereeing crisis at grass roots level and it is blocking the pipeline of talent into the professional game. Why else are Mike Dean and Jon Moss refereeing until they are 60-odd? Because there is a shortage of talent to replace them.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I think you would. Do you really think there is a secret minibus full of top class referees just parked around the corner waiting for the current crop to retire? There is a full-blown refereeing crisis at grass roots level and it is blocking the pipeline of talent into the professional game. Why else are Mike Dean and Jon Moss refereeing until they are 60-odd? Because there is a shortage of talent to replace them.
There is a shortage of talent regardless. What are they doing about this shortage then? Not much I expect. The same old boys club scam as ever is refereeing professionally in this country.

cyberman

Thank God, the profession needs a clear out. All mates too scared to give obvious calls against each other.
When you come together and make the collective decision to water down the actual laws of the game when deciding to make penalty calls harder to get then somethings wrong. Made a complete balls up of VAR last year because of it