Keyboard and autocorrect problems on android

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I've been using redcafe on my mobile a lot but recently I've found that the keyboard seems to play up a lot when trying to type posts. It doesn't recognise me adding a space and it seems to always mess up the typed words as a result.

This might well be an app issue but my swiftkey keyboard works absolutely fine on whatsapp and other sites etc. It's only not responsive on redcafe. I am about to uninstall and reinstall my swiftkey keyboard app, but was just curious as to whether this is a known issue with any other posters?

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
feck touch-wizz is awful for typing fullspot imo.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
It seems to be happening to Chrome on Android users - since a recent Chrome update.

I've switched to using Edge for now, seems a bit better so far though though admittedly I've only written a couple of short posts with it.

schwalbe

Supports
Fc Bayern München
It seems to be happening to Chrome on Android users - since a recent Chrome update.

I've switched to using Edge for now, seems a bit better so far though though admittedly I've only written a couple of short posts with it.
Yeah, i have to use two browsers for redcafe. Brave doesn't show tweets and it's impossible to type with Chrome. Spaces turn into letters and auto completion just repeats the already written part of the word until it reaches the number of letters the word contains.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Click on your username at the top of the page (next to Inbox) and select "preferences" from the list. The "use the rich text editor" option is in there.
Wow, it's like going back in time! Cool

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
It's a Chrome update that has triggered it, and it's the kind of change where Google/Chromium may leave it to everyone else to comply with them.

However, apparently there may now be something worth trying:

https://xenforo.com/community/threa...eyboard-suggestion-issues.142504/post-1228631

There are reports that this is fixed with SwiftKey v6.7.8.25 which was released on 1st March. Can anyone confirm?

I presume it will still exist in GBoard which hasn't been updated yet.
Worth a try, let us know how you get on.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
I use Swiftkey, reported the problem some time ago and it has been resolved. It has one little problem of when I press '.' it makes a double space instead but that's a very minor issue compared to the previous problem.

rcoobc

I was getting the problem with swiftkey as of like 3 days ago

rcoobc

Is there any fix for this, other than turning off the rich text editor?

The amount of times autocorrect has mullered what I'm writing is ridiculous.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Is there any fix for this, other than turning off the rich text editor?

The amount of times autocorrect has mullered what I'm writing is ridiculous.
You can experiment with different browsers - some browser/keyboard combinations seem worse than others, but it doesn't seem to be consistent across versions.

According to the Xenforo support boards there's no real fix available (or planned) for this version of Xenforo. It won't be until Niall is able to move the forum over to the latest version of Xenforo that we are really expecting anything to change.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I’m finding I can’t type over highlighted text, instead it just adds whatever I put at the end of the word, and then tries to autocorrect it to something ludicrous.

rcoobc

I’m finding I can’t type over highlighted text, instead it just adds whatever I put at the end of the word, and then tries to autocorrect it to something ludicrous.
Yeah it's crazy. It's inconsistent too. Sometimes it works fine. Other times it writes something bizarre