Khéphren Thuram

Valencia Shin Crosses

If we were signing Thuram we'd be underwhelmed but we're heaping praise on Liverpool for missing out on someone they chased for 2 years and then signing a few cheap options?
Yeah no. I've wanted Thuram for months now and he's the type of smart buy you make before he has another top season and doubles the price tag. We've known we needed multiple midfielders all season, and being able to grab a highly rated/talented young one for 35m is good business.

avgp_1

How would you rate and compare the two?
Kone is more B2B, defensively lot more aware, winning midfield duels and ready to pick the ball off the CBs and start moves. Thuram is more of a free roaming kind and involved in the attacking zones, creative and can glide past players

They both are very gifted in tight spaces but I feel Kone is a bit more involved in a game and that edges it for me. He has bossed some big games

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Kone is more B2B, defensively lot more aware, winning midfield duels and ready to pick the ball off the CBs and start moves. Thuram is more of a free roaming kind and involved in the attacking zones, creative and can glide past players

They both are very gifted in tight spaces but I feel Kone is a bit more involved in a game and that edges it for me. He has bossed some big games
Cheers. I've only seen some compilations and Thuram strikes me as having an extra gear in him most players don't, which makes me think he perhaps could have a higher ceiling.

Kone seems to do well evading the press but seems to me more a case of being clever with it and having a good acceleration, than outstanding technique. Makes me question if he can do the same in the Prem where it's more physical and intense.

Il_Cecchino

Supports
Hellas Verona
I am watching him in France - Italy under 21. Top, top talent.

Adebisi's Hat

Supports
who do you feckin think ?
Will Liverpool move back in for him now I wonder. Hopefully Sir Jim tells them to do one.

SAF is the GOAT

Looks like a very good player but I don't see any place for him in the team.

We have Mount, Eriksen, Mctominay(until he's sold) and Kobbie who can play there, where he's going to fit ?

I mean it's obvious the smart exchange is selling McT and immediately using those funds for Thuram.

I think the big clue as to where he fits is what you’ve put after Mctominay in brackets
Pretty sure that after selling Scott our aim is to bring in Armabat as a sub to Casimiro in the squad. Thuram isn't a DM, he's a CM.
The only guy he can replace is Eriksen but I don't think we'll do it.

Last edited:

RobbieBerns

Absolutely floored by his highlights. Think he brings a certain profile of midfielder we could really benefit from having in our squad.