Khedira

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Was very good in the WC, it would be ridiculous if he was available to you and you decided to toe the line with the bidding as even if he was going to cost closer to 20m than 10m, it would be worth it. He'd instantly improve you and allow you to sell/loan out the players that you feel are surplus to requirements. I think that if he was in the side you wouldn't feel the defencive deficiencies of Mata as he offers a very high work rate going forwards and back. He'd basically allow the team to be a little more solidified and composed at the same time. Not spectacular in either part of the game but someone who is that extra cog that means everyone else is ticking.

daniel9988

I'm interested to know why you think his not worth £8M? You say his better then what we have so how much do you think his worth??
The wages that he will ask for would most likely make him the 3rd highest wage earner in the squad. He's a good player, but not worth that much in terms of wages. The 8m price is quoted from thin air anyways, it's just pure transfer speculation.

I would like to see our team having good management for a change, either by somehow luring Khedira to United for wages that do not edge on being exorbitant or showing good sense to not do rushed transfer deals that would upset the balance of the club.

However, do note this. If we do sign Khedira, I would actually be happy. Not full support for it, but signing him means improvement in midfield which relates to better performance and entertainment for the fans.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
The wages that he will ask for would most likely make him the 3rd highest wage earner in the squad. He's a good player, but not worth that much in terms of wages. The 8m price is quoted from thin air anyways, it's just pure transfer speculation.

I would like to see our team having good management for a change, either by somehow luring Khedira to United for wages that do not edge on being exorbitant or showing good sense to not do rushed transfer deals that would upset the balance of the club.

However, do note this. If we do sign Khedira, I would actually be happy. Not full support for it, but signing him means improvement in midfield which relates to better performance and entertainment for the fans.
I don't understand the whole issue with the wage, we pay Nani 120k a week ffs.

Saying that, if we offer Khedira the same amount about 5mil a year that's 20m over the 4 years + plus the transfer fee which i would imagine would be within 10-15m. So that's around 30-35m for him including wages, not a bad deal at all.

NoWinNoFee

kietotheworld mk2
We need someone like Khedira more than Di Maria, if he's available for £8m why the hell haven't we gone in? He's one of those Manchester United bargain basket signings that the club love so much, so just do it.

He's not an elite player like Vidal, but he's a very good player and 2 or 3 levels above anything we have.

daniel9988

I don't understand the whole issue with the wage, we pay Nani 120k a week ffs.

Saying that, if we offer Khedira the same amount about 5mil a year that's 20m over the 4 years + plus the transfer fee which i would imagine would be within 10-15m. So that's around 30-35m for him including wages, not a bad deal at all.
If he wanted 5m a year, I think Madrid would have finished the contractual negotiations. He's definitely holding out for a final payday, and just waiting clubs to agree to his price.

Turnip

likes to be spanked with games consoles
If you guys got him it could make a real difference. Rojo is a great player - but he won't solve your problems. You need some CM's...
Definitely. Fletch isn't always up to scratch, and it seems Herrera hasn't found his stride just yet, so would be an excellent addition. My biggest thing is a complete lack in faith in Woodward. Even if he's available and LvG wants him, i can see him fecking it up.

bleedred

Can we please change the title please, that just figure is randomly plucked out of someones arse.

Oneunited26

If we do not even attempt to sign khedira who is available, then that would be yet another strootman part 2, if united ever wanted to bolster their midfield di maria and khedira would solve so many problems in our engine room. With carrick injured, fletcher no more than a squad player, fellaini injured, cleverley another squad player, this would be the signing to bed us over

Gannicus

I'd like to be sure we've scoured all other options before settling on Khedira.

GloryHunter07

Was very good in the WC, it would be ridiculous if he was available to you and you decided to toe the line with the bidding as even if he was going to cost closer to 20m than 10m, it would be worth it. He'd instantly improve you and allow you to sell/loan out the players that you feel are surplus to requirements. I think that if he was in the side you wouldn't feel the defencive deficiencies of Mata as he offers a very high work rate going forwards and back. He'd basically allow the team to be a little more solidified and composed at the same time. Not spectacular in either part of the game but someone who is that extra cog that means everyone else is ticking.
Well said. Although i think we could do with a proper defensive mid.

RU Devil

If we can't get in the running for Khedira, then we're in real trouble & Woody was blowing smoke or LVG doesn't rate him. Even if LVG doesn't rate him, he'd still offer better than what we currently have and offer a stopgap until Strootman is healthy & ready to be bought. We can't throw away half a season & expect to get into the top 4. Missing the CL again will send us into the Wilderness & might effectively 'relegate' us from top 4/5 status for a few more years.

Oo0AahCantona

He's easily good enough, on the same level as hererra. i think anything under 15m in terms of fee is about right, but i wouldnt want him on higher wages than say 110k a week, 125k maybe

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
He's easily good enough, on the same level as hererra. i think anything under 15m in terms of fee is about right, but i wouldnt want him on higher wages than say 110k a week, 125k maybe
I think he is better than Herrera but then again they are different players. Also with £110-125k per week, he wouldnt even talk to you. He wants big wages thats why Arsenal didn't go for him.

Truedevil

What an ace signing him and Di Maria would be. It would solve almost all of our problems in one go, we would immediately become title contenders.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It would be mad if he was available as cheap as being touted if we didn't go for him. Especially as we reportedly bid an outrageous sum last summer. Wasn't it about 35-40m or so? Made the Fellaini deal look sensible.

You don't play regularly at a team like Real Madrid if you're some kind of patsy, and anyone thinking he wouldn't outperform Fletcher, Clev, Fellaini and...no that's it is interesting.

Kakeru

It's official: I'm totally fed up with Vidal. What are we waiting for to grab this guy then? It's too much asked to pay what has to be paid to get the dual package (Khedira and Di Maria) from Madrid. As someone wrote, it would solve 2 problems in one go, so be it!

Truedevil

was looking for some white text there!
----------DDG----------
Rafael-Smalling-Rojo-Shaw
----Herrera--Khedira---
Mata---Rooney---Di Maria
---------Rvp--------

That's a very good looking team if you ask me with Januzaj, Carrick, Evans, Jones, Kagawa, Welbeck to come in as well as the LvG factor.

Truedevil

No! One player no matter how good will not turn us into title contenders, yes he will help and maybe make third place a bit more gettable.
I was talking about Khedira as well, and maybe i got too excited for a moment. Top 4 would be very gettable in that scenario we can agree on that. We would get an experienced, world cup winner midfielder and one of the best wingers in the world. Hell, even one of them would help us big time.

pauldyson1uk

I was talking about Khedira as well, and maybe i got too excited for a moment. Top 4 would be very gettable in that scenario we can agree on that. We would get an experienced, world cup winner midfielder and one of the best wingers in the world. Hell, even one of them would help us big time.
I think top 4 is gettable with the squad we already have, but will be hard work, add Khedira and it makes top 3 a possibility with hard work.

::sonny::

He is the real deal, best you can buy in the market, the others are not even close to his level

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Would be a good idea to swoop for him and Di Maria, hopefully finish in the top 4. Then, next Summer get another marquee midfield signing and allow him to become a squad player. That sounds a good plan but for some reason we find t hard to put things like that into practice.

Stretford Red1978

I think it would've worth a punt getting both! If decent players like this are available then you've got to get them. I was convinced he was going to Bayern a few days ago but that seems to have cooled a little now, so what the hell get in there and get a bid in Ed.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
Even with 1 year left I'd still happily pay up to £20m for him, we need a top CM that much.

RU Devil

I think top 4 is gettable with the squad we already have, but will be hard work, add Khedira and it makes top 3 a possibility with hard work.

I truly don't think we can contend for a top 4 spot as is. If Carrick wasn't hurt, maybe, but w/o him we will be dropping too many points to overtake 3 of Liverpool, Spurs, Everton & Arsenal. It's not like Arsenal has been standing still as per usual, while Spurs seem to have a real coach & Liverpool might've bought well this time. Khedira would make top 4 doable, but just. It would be a shame to not enter the market for him, even if he doesn't offer much sell-on value. The price is almost crazy reasonable in relation to other options.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
to be honest, none of us have the foggiest how things will pan out from here.

I'm slightly alarmed Van Gaal himself said he starts massively slowly, like 3-4months always slow.
I presumed it was lowering the expectations talk, but if it's as slow as Saturday, he might not get the rest of the season to improve things...

let's hope that was an alarming one off, due to having a sh!Tload of players out.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I said last season that an injury to Rafael or Carrick would feck us up immensely and it did, we start this season with both of them injured and look like dog shit without an adequate replacement in those positions. Khedira would go a long way towards our over reliance on Carrick. I find it perplexing that Van Gaal even made Fletcher the vice captain so soon when Carrick was a perfectly sound alternative who's more bankable to stay fit and start every game.

Shark

@NotShark
I said last season that an injury to Rafael or Carrick would feck us up immensely and it did, we start this season with both of them injured and look like dog shit without an adequate replacement in those positions. Khedira would go a long way towards our over reliance on Carrick. I find it perplexing that Van Gaal even made Fletcher the vice captain so soon when Carrick was a perfectly sound alternative who's more bankable to stay fit and start every game.
To be honest, Fletcher as vice captain was a bit of a weird decision. He was dire against Swansea IMO and I'd hope he won't be picked because of his role and LVG ignoring his actual performances.

Status
Not open for further replies.