Khvicha Kvaratskhelia | Napoli Player

Red00012

Apparently he was rubbish last night but a poster commented he’s tired :D

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Apparently he was rubbish last night but a poster commented he’s tired :D
He's been inconsistent this season but its much to do with him as it is to do with Napoli as a whole. He has tried to carry them but at times he's the whole attack and its taken a toll

Markolan

Supports
AC Milan
He's been the only one decent player at Napoli this season, carrying the whole attack on his shoulders like in the last league game where created EVERY single Napoli chance.
Osimhen's performances have been often questionable instead, if I were ADL I'd sell the nigerian striker for €100m+ and keep the LW..

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Completely anonymous in a huge game for Georgia. Not ready yet for a move.

Needs to impose himself more.

Pintu

They just qualified for the Euros for the first time in their history and did so against the odds... Hard to blame him for anything yet.

Demyanenko_square_jaw

Not a particularly good performance, but i don't think anonymous is a good description as to me that implies a barely involved effort where the player hides from their responsibilities. He worked hard, didn't hide from duels and covered a lot of ground in the Greek half. They had to put a lot of work into containing him, which they did well, and when they didn't, they used some effective tactical fouls. He did create a couple of dangerous moments that could have produced goals with better reactions and timing of runs from teammates in the box. Overall, too many attempts to start/finish attacks off with his own dribbling; he should have mixed in more one-two's and playmaking when it became clear the Greeks were handling the individual attempts well. Timing and first touch seemed off quite often. Tactical role has changed over the last 4-5 games into being part of a front two.

Clickbait title aside, this has a lot of touches from the game.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Not a particularly good performance, but i don't think anonymous is a good description as to me that implies a barely involved effort where the player hides from their responsibilities. He worked hard, didn't hide from duels and covered a lot of ground in the Greek half. They had to put a lot of work into containing him, which they did well, and when they didn't, they used some effective tactical fouls. He did create a couple of dangerous moments that could have produced goals with better reactions and timing of runs from teammates in the box. Overall, too many attempts to start/finish attacks off with his own dribbling; he should have mixed in more one-two's and playmaking when it became clear the Greeks were handling the individual attempts well. Timing and first touch seemed off quite often. Tactical role has changed over the last 4-5 games into being part of a front two.

Clickbait title aside, this has a lot of touches from the game.

His numbers are better(?) than last season, but all I'm hearing is he's worse.

Haven't followed him or Napoli at all this season, so have no frame of reference - how is he actually doing?

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
His numbers are better(?) than last season, but all I'm hearing is he's worse.

Haven't followed him or Napoli at all this season, so have no frame of reference - how is he actually doing?
Inconsistent. It started at the end of last season where he was getting double teamed and was mostly nullified.

This season he's carried the attack due to Napoli falling off a cliff. He got moved to the middle and picked up his form. He's getting better as the season is going but last season was definitely a lot better.

Napoli have had some incompetent coaching this season with Garcia and Mazzarri, both taking him off when Napoli needed a goal

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Inconsistent. It started at the end of last season where he was getting double teamed and was mostly nullified.

This season he's carried the attack due to Napoli falling off a cliff. He got moved to the middle and picked up his form. He's getting better as the season is going but last season was definitely a lot better.

Napoli have had some incompetent coaching this season with Garcia and Mazzarri, both taking him off when Napoli needed a goal
Thanks for the update!

I see him as a player who will eventually move into the middle, so that's interesting to hear. Would you say he's handling the pressure of being a 'face' that every team they face is trying to neutralise, or has that been part of his learning process this season?

Demyanenko_square_jaw

I've not watched as many full napoli games this season, but from what i've seen i'd agree with Lay. Overall, i'd say in terms of it being a difficult follow-up season to a breakout one, it could be a lot worse. Being from a small country that loves football and has a solid history, but that hasn't produced international/elite quality players for quite a long time, he has a different sort of intense individual attention and pressure on him than an equivalent attacking talent from a bigger, more successful nation would at this stage. One that i would say is actually tougher to deal with until the player from the traditional big footballing country becomes really established as a leading player at a big club, or a true world star. He seems to deal with it quite well so far, but you can see in a more unique game like this that pressure to be the leader and match-winner often outweighing good decision making and pacing.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
I've not watched as many full napoli games this season, but from what i've seen i'd agree with Lay. Overall, i'd say in terms of it being a difficult follow-up season to a breakout one, it could be a lot worse. Being from a small country that loves football and has a solid history, but that hasn't produced international/elite quality players for quite a long time, he has a different sort of intense individual attention and pressure on him than an equivalent attacking talent from a bigger, more successful nation would at this stage. One that i would say is actually tougher to deal with until the player from the traditional big footballing country becomes really established as a leading player at a big club, or a true world star. He seems to deal with it quite well so far, but you can see in a more unique game like this that pressure to be the leader and match-winner often outweighing good decision making and pacing.
Makes sense and interesting to think about that perspective. Do you think he'll have to leave Napoli for growth and development, or do you think he can realise his potential where he is?

The overall thrust seems to be people being down on him this season, but I'd take him at United in an instant.

Demyanenko_square_jaw

I'm not one that thinks there is huge difference in quality between the top four leagues, some yeah, but i think Italian football is still at a high enough level to become a great player there, but as for Napoli being the best place...I'm not sure, maybe wait and see how things are at the end of next season to predict that.