Khvicha Kvaratskhelia | Napoli Player

Il_Cecchino

Supports
Hellas Verona
He is word class. The best player of serie a. Better than Leao. 21 years old... He will be the best player in the world together with Mbappe and Haaland.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Napoli 5-1 Juve

Kvaradona had 3 assists and 1 goal. I fecking want this guy in our jersey, in the summer! Him and Osimhen both :)

mu4c_20le

Will probably end up at Barca. He's already the 8th all time scorer for his country. They'll name a stadium/club/award after him some day.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Will probably end up at Barca. He's already the 8th all time scorer for his country. They'll name a stadium/club/award after him some day.
How do you rate his potential? Could he be among the top 5 wingers of this next generation? Proper top class ability?

avgp_1

Sublime performance from Kvaradona. Pretty much ran the show last night. Ace dribbler and playmaker

Righteous Steps

He looks to have ballon d’or contender ability, throwback to players of old with how natural and good his dribbling is, plus he can score goals and create too, reminds me a bit of Ribery.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Watched this game. He's outstanding. There's no answer for what he does other than an equal level of skill to match his trickery and intelligence. Best thing of all is he releases the ball well and has end product be it shooting, passing or crossing, so it's not simply a case of matching his dribbling as there's still a whole other game he has outside of that.

He's reason enough to watch Napoli games, but the whole team are really a great watch, so it helps.

There's no chance anyone's getting him for anything but an astronomical fee, unless he has a specific club preference.

The idiotic spending at Chelsea should be going towards players of this ilk. Doubt we will be interested, both for the cost and the position he plays, which is far from a priority for us. Shame.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Watched this game. He's outstanding. There's no answer for what he does other than an equal level of skill to match his trickery and intelligence. Best thing of all is he releases the ball well and has end product be it shooting, passing or crossing, so it's not simply a case of matching his dribbling as there's still a whole other game he has outside of that.

He's reason enough to watch Napoli games, but the whole team are really a great watch, so it helps.

There's no chance anyone's getting him for anything but an astronomical fee, unless he has a specific club preference.

The idiotic spending at Chelsea should be going towards players of this ilk. Doubt we will be interested, both for the cost and the position he plays, which is far from a priority for us. Shame.
Feels like this is the sort of player we should have gotten for the Sancho plus Antony fee of 170/180 million (?). Anyhoo if those two reach the level they can we've still got two excellent wide players.

Righteous Steps

Actually reminds me every bit of Ribery.
Hope Bayern try to get him and sell Gnabry and Coman. First is in decline for 2 seasons now and the other is always injured and hot and cold when fit.
There's also Muller who's gonna be 34 next season. So Kvaratskhelia would have 2-3 spots to play.
Didn’t even see this before I made the comparison, great minds think alike.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Feels like this is the sort of player we should have gotten for the Sancho plus Antony fee of 170/180 million (?). Anyhoo if those two reach the level they can we've still got two excellent wide players.
If there's definition to the phrase, he's a generational talent, if that. The way he plays is going to be determined a throwback for his dribbling, skill and relentless determination. I hadn't even heard of him a couple of seasons back, but had read from others about this rising star. It's rare the descriptions and hype meet the actual talent and player, I find, but he's just outstanding to this point in time. Watched him about 12 times now and my thoughts are it'll be injuries or character flaws that'll curtail him because he has everything in him to be considered one of the best players on the planet, in this upcoming generation after Messi, Neymar etc. are out of the picture, or even if they stick around long enough, he should be rubbing shoulders in that tier.

I think most of the top teams want to see where his ceiling is or whether he does indeed have the character and personality to carry the burden of being a superstar before pulling the trigger on him. It's definitely not a case of determining whether he has the talent of a superstar, because he's got that part wrapped up, but of course for the kind of outlay Napoli can and should demand, you need a killer and not a Berbatov-like stroller, so that's the final hurdle I see for him before he goes for some kind of astronomical fee - the kind his level of talent warrants.

For us, I don't know if he'd ever have been an option unless he can play in other areas of the pitch. Sancho and Antony were bought for the right, or at least in Sancho's case, because he's an eclectic talent who can play across the pitch and therefore isn't locked to the left. I feel the only way Kvaratskheilia would/would've ever be/been considered is if Rashford left, otherwise it's a massive amount to pay whilst not optimising the player. I bet clubs all over the continent are kicking themselves for not taking the punt that Napoli did however, because prior to that move, he'd be a no-brainer for anyone, in hindsight, but now, at the obscene end of the scale, you've got to have a plan and a place in your team to accommodate him. Real and ourselves should logically be ruled out, but any club with the kind of deep pockets it'll take to pry him away who have a vacancy out on the left, I'm sure they'll be watching and waiting with a keen eye.

Someone like Newcastle, if the stars align and they qualify for the CL, is who I can see competing for him. They have the money, the project and he's the type of player to usher in their own galactico era. Chelsea and Bayern plus PSG (when Messi goes, with Neymar then going central) are about the only viable clubs by now, I think.

Varun

Staff
He's phenomenal. Unfortunately, there's close to 0 chance we go for him unless rashford leaves but this guy will light it up for years to come wherever he moves. Hope it's not a PL club, that'll be gut wrenching.

Neymar, Mbaple aside - Is there a better player on the left flank around? Don't think Vini Jr is superior. His equal at best.

The Red Thinker

Kvaradona! I fecking love him. If we were to somehow get him he would set Old Trafford alight! That said… we have Rashy and Garnacho blooming down the right. So this is unlikely.

dal

I don’t see it to be honest, think he will move to the premier league and fail, good player though.

Bert_

He is word class. The best player of serie a. Better than Leao. 21 years old... He will be the best player in the world together with Mbappe and Haaland.
Bold predications! Not watched any Napoli matches this season but I'll keep an eye out for the next time they are on TV.

Always sceptical of "good dribblers". Been so many of them that turned out to be completely mediocre at the top level.

EtH

Bold predications! Not watched any Napoli matches this season but I'll keep an eye out for the next time they are on TV.

Always sceptical of "good dribblers". Been so many of them that turned out to be completely mediocre at the top level.
The heir to El Sharwhatever’s throne most likely.

BerryBerryShrew

I don't see why he couldn't play centrally. He'd be incredible in Bruno's 8/10 hybrid position.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Napoli 5-1 Juve

Kvaradona had 3 assists and 1 goal. I fecking want this guy in our jersey, in the summer! Him and Osimhen both :)

We're packed on the wings so unfortunately I doubt we'd be in for him.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?

It's true what you say about many good dribblers turning out to be mediocre. What makes Kvara different is that he's doing it for Serie A's leading team and he had good performances in the CL group games as well.

It remains to be seen whether he can replicate this in the PL or another top league.

The potential is there. Whether he can consistently play like this for more than 1 season, we'll find out.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Love everything about him. That he is a top quality footballer, looks like a bloke off the street, went to Georgia last sesason and ripped it up for a bit. Just a great wee journey and he's going to be THE player to get in the next few seasons. Genuinely believe he would have a Salah/Haaland type impact on the league if someone bought him.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
It's true what you say about many good dribblers turning out to be mediocre. What makes Kvara different is that he's doing it for Serie A's leading team and he had good performances in the CL group games as well.

It remains to be seen whether he can replicate this in the PL or another top league.

The potential is there. Whether he can consistently play like this for more than 1 season, we'll find out.
You can literally remove his dribbling and his passing, moving, crossing and positional understanding would still make him special. The dribbling is obviously the ace card, but there's more than one reason he's being called Kvadona. The guy has been a dream of player thus far and someone who looks like there's no reason for him not to be challenging for the ballon D'or in the future.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
We're packed on the wings so unfortunately I doubt we'd be in for him.
Yeah, very unlikely and the new Rashford is amazing, but a heart wants what a heart wants :) Hard to see Kvara play yesterday and not want him

RedDevilRoshi

They signed him so cheap as well. Will be looking for Osimhen money from any interested side that wants him. We are so stocked in that area with Garnacho now coming through.

Maybe one to consider if and I mean if Rashford was to depart at the end of his contract. Hopefully not.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Yeah, very unlikely and the new Rashford is amazing, but a heart wants what a heart wants :) Hard to see Kvara play yesterday and not want him
To be fair I can see us being in for him only and only if we sell the likes of Sancho and loan the likes of garnacho but I see no reason to do that.

But yeah the kid will be a fecking superstar.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
He is the truth. Bit late to the party but i hope he goes to Bayern or PSG. He will tear up the PL if he ever comes here.

Blood Mage

A potential ballon d'or winner. He's one of the most exciting dribblers I've seen since Messi.

Hughes35

Looks a bit good doesn't he? Shame there are no links or anything.

Reminds me a bit of Kaka, not sure if that's just me though.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
He is the truth. Bit late to the party but i hope he goes to Bayern or PSG. He will tear up the PL if he ever comes here.
Why would you hope that?

There’s still the air of romanticism to his story to this point in time, and also the fantasy of him being a player any fan of a big club can hope comes their way, however fanciful the idea. Once he goes to a big club, all of that fantasy goes with him, as that’s probably him done in terms of moving anywhere until his prime ends or he pushes for a move.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Now we've lost out to Chelsea for Mudryk, this lad would be the dream alternative.

Unfortunately, given Napoli are notoriously difficult to deal with, and his likely cost, I just don't think we are quite there yet as a club to be competing against the biggest clubs in terms of pull both figuratively and financially yet.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Why would you hope that?

There’s still the air of romanticism to his story to this point in time, and also the fantasy of him being a player any fan of a big club can hope comes their way, however fanciful the idea. Once he goes to a big club, all of that fantasy goes with him, as that’s probably him done in terms of moving anywhere until his prime ends or he pushes for a move.
Ideally he stays at Napoli for his whole career but I can't see that happening. A big club will come in for him and as we're stacked with wingers it's unlikely to be us. So I don't want him joining a PL rival and Madrid and Barca both annoy me hence Bayern or Psg.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Ideally he stays at Napoli for his whole career but I can't see that happening. A big club will come in for him and as we're stacked with wingers it's unlikely to be us. So I don't want him joining a PL rival and Madrid and Barca both annoy me hence Bayern or Psg.
Ah, OK. Makes sense now. :)

mu4c_20le

How do you rate his potential? Could he be among the top 5 wingers of this next generation? Proper top class ability?
He always had the technique but what surprised me the most is filling out his frame. I thought he'd always be scrawny. If he builds up muscle without losing his speed and agility, he'll be scary.