Kieran McKenna as our next assistant manager| Simon Stone confirms the promotion

Saf94

So it’s not McKenna?
It’s a person coming who worked with me before but I can’t say the name because he’s still linked to another club. Michael Carrick becomes a coach on the pitch but I’m looking for two new people on the team. Good coaches there are many, but I like to make my assistants. I do not like trained coaches, I like to shape them in my way of thinking and they grow with me and I also grow with them.
I guess not

Smores

Wonder if its Lampard, been linked with a few lower league clubs recently

Saf94

He would be the perfect coach for Pogba given that Mou seems to be trying to mould him into a more attacking midfielder than a deep lying playmaker. Pogba even said that Carrick has been helping him know when to make ‘Lampard runs’

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Would be quite nice actually, liked him as a player (except when he played against us) and he looks to be a class apart from most pundits.

Alonso would be a nice addition as well, he played for Liverpool but I consider him more of a Madrid player than Liverpool.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Or another meltdown-worthy one:

Although he also said he doesn't like his coaches to be "trained coaches" and that the person in question is linked to other clubs so I'm thinking a recently/almost retired player.

Zoo

Doubt it’s Lampard, he hasn’t been particularly kind to Mourinho when doing punditry yetbhas a massive love in for City even though he was there for less then 5 minutes.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Walter Samuel could be an option?

nikineil

Paul Clement maybe? Or Aitor Karanka... Both have worked with him before and I think are currently unemployed... No?

R'hllor

I am confused, didnt he say 2 days ago about not planning to have number 2/ assistant of manager and reorganize coaching stuff etc.

nikineil

Karanka is the Nottingham Forest manager. Forgot Lambert was at Reading.
Yup. Totally forgot about that. I just hope that Andre Villas Boas is nowhere under consideration. I know he wanted to change his career as a racing car driver, but I think that was a failure. Either way, NO. FECKIN. AVB!!!!

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
"Good coaches there are many, but I like to make my assistants. I do not like trained coaches, I like to shape them in my way of thinking and they grow with me and I also grow with them."

There goes our hope of a new assistant influencing Mourinho's playing style. :(

Andersons Dietician

You would think if Jose is planning on using an ex player to mound in to the way he wants why wouldn’t he just use the one that just retired at the club (Carrick) rather than bringing in a drogba, Lampard or whoever.

I think it’ll be one of his previous assistant coaches.