Kieran McKenna as our next assistant manager| Simon Stone confirms the promotion

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I hope he has influence cause if not, the club is better served by him training the U18s.

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
I hope he has influence cause if not, the club is better served by him training the U18s.
Just hope we have a replacement in place. Under-18 coach was a perfect fit for him, kids enjoying their football and with a lot of confidence progressing to U23 and hopefully to the first team. Who is coaching U15/16 and how good are we at that level?

On the other hand, really hope he will have at least a bit of influence and learn a thing form Mourinho and when the time is right maybe is maybe given a shot as a manager, but who knows what other the options will be in one year

Womp

idiot
I need a time machine to see all confirmed transfers and see if our style of play changed by Mourinho with helps from Mckenna then I can have a peace.
I don't see why he would promote Mckenna, knowing his style, if he had no intention of learning/implementing some of his ideas. I read Mckenna is going to be directly involved in the training sessions.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I need a time machine to see all confirmed transfers and see if our style of play changed by Mourinho with helps from Mckenna then I can have a peace.
The flux capacitor is being cracked up as we speak. Back to the future 4 is coming out soon.
You may just get your chance.

sglowrider

I don't see why he would promote Mckenna, knowing his style, if he had no intention of learning/implementing some of his ideas. I read Mckenna is going to be directly involved in the training sessions.
Conversely, we have a fantastic attacking frontline and yet....

Womp

idiot
Conversely, we have a fantastic attacking frontline and yet....
He could much more easily bring back one of his old friends who he trusts, who are known for their attention to detail from a defensive point of view. To me it looks like he wants to work on faster transitions/put more emphasis on attacking play with the promotion of Mckenna, at least I hope that's what this is.

Fridge chutney

He could much more easily bring back one of his old friends who he trusts, who are known for their attention to detail from a defensive point of view. To me it looks like he wants to work on faster transitions/put more emphasis on attacking play with the promotion of Mckenna, at least I hope that's what this is.
I like how you think. I hope you're correct!

It's unusual to promote a coach who is known to be good at something and not take advantage of what the coach is good at. I'm sure Jose wants to improve our attack more than anyone on this forum.

sglowrider

Lets hope. We started off with a pretty fluid team movement at the start of the season. But as injuries hit around November, we reverted back to an LVG, plodding or trundling movement.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
It's a very exciting appointment. Also goes to show how highly rated McKenna is rated by the club officials too? I wonder if they see him as a potential next Manchester United manager?

Anyways, full credit to Mourinho for promoting him. The constant ability to change his coaching staff and get fresh idea made Fergie the managerial god that he was, hopefully this helps Mourinho too. Also, any youngster which is integrated in the first team will also have an easier pathway now since McKenna is on the coaching staff. I trust Nicky Butt and Co. to get a good replacement for the u18s.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
I'm happy with this appointment. He's shown good attacking game plans this season and hopefully he can bring a part of that to the first team.

sam147

I hope this is true. I remember after a loss Jose was shocked and said he had practiced quick play for a week before the match. I was wondering what have we been doing for two years. All Jose does is buy players who dont need coaching and keep them fit with his backroom staff. At least with Mckenna coming in maybe just maybe he has realised he needs change.

KM

As good as a confirmation.

kps88

Shouldn't we change the title? I don't think he's being given the title of assistant manager.

KM

Shouldn't we change the title? I don't think he's being given the title of assistant manager.
Well he kinda is an assistant manager according to the reports I'm reading. I'll change the title once there is official confirmation regarding his role.

ash_86

Good news.
Very good news. I think Jose can turnaround most of fans if he could work a little bit on the attacking cohesion part. McKenna could help in that aspect a lot.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I'm kind of worried that Mourinho doesn't seem to have any of his regular team around him anymore. When he is in one of his moods its easy for him to flip over and build conspiracy theories now that the assistants are all company men.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
More should be made of this appointment. Reckon he'll have a great impact.

RedTillI'mDead

A Key Tool
Regardless of what he wants, if Mckenna is involved in training the players will be focusing on the right things and then Mourinhos talks won't matter so much

Ban

Excellent news and if you ask me it's a sign that Jose wants to change things.

Ban

I'm kind of worried that Mourinho doesn't seem to have any of his regular team around him anymore. When he is in one of his moods its easy for him to flip over and build conspiracy theories now that the assistants are all company men.
Maybe this will make him calmer. I mean he was like that before, it can either be the same or better. :)

deafepl

where's BBC confirming the promotion? I don't see anything on this thread

SirAF

Ageist
:lol:

He still got Silvino Louro, they have been together since Porto.

Ban

Do you honestly have to nitpick everything Jose does?
Yeah I dont get it.

He keeps his men - oh no, he should get an attacking coach, he doesnt know how to do it.
Rui Faria leaves, McKenna and Carrick come - oh no, he didn't keep any of his men.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Pleased with this. I hope Jose let's him co-ordinate our attacking play.

With him and Carrick in his ears that's 2 young modern coaches who will hopefully give him a fresh view.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
The other way of looking at it is that he's promoted McKenna because he's excited by what he can bring to the table in an attacking sense and the strong bridge he can provide between the seniors and the juniors given his positive impact on the U18s. Just because McKenna's an internal appointment it doesn't automatically mean he's a yes man.