Kieran McKenna / Ipswich manager

Foxbatt

How do we know if manager is not the one restricting the coaching by asking "this is how I want my team to play"?
So only Ole is to blame for our terrible playing? If Ole says whatever style he wants to play the coaches should be able to implement it a lot better than the fiasco we were playing.

tomaldinho1

Common sense? You mean like looking both sides before crossing the street?

I'm not saying Pert was blessed with the holy hand while he was in the womb and ordained to manage on loan players but the sort of brain drain we are experiencing at once cannot be good for stability at a grocery store, let alone a premier league club.
It’s exactly what happens when any other coach leaves (his staff usually all leave) so actually, given Phelan remains, the brain drain isn’t as severe as usual. Even if it was, it’s nothing new, Moyes brought in his own people, LVG did the same, Mou did the same and Ole did as well…RR will be no different and it’s fine.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
So only Ole is to blame for our terrible playing? If Ole says whatever style he wants to play the coaches should be able to implement it a lot better than the fiasco we were playing.
We played how Ole wanted, looking for forward passes all the time and take risk on the ball. Passing sideways is tippy tappy nonsense.

Team is reflection on manager's vision, not coach's. If you philosophy is shit, no coach can fix that.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
It’s exactly what happens when any other coach leaves (his staff usually all leave) so actually, given Phelan remains, the brain drain isn’t as severe as usual. Even if it was, it’s nothing new, Moyes brought in his own people, LVG did the same, Mou did the same and Ole did as well…RR will be no different and it’s fine.
McKenna and Carrick for example were retained by both Mourinho and Ole, so its not like every manager is wiping the slate clean and throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

Rangnick hasn't been in active management for a while now and so he doesn't have a squad of staff he can assemble at short notice. Add to it the difficulties with recruiting and bringing people in the middle of COVID and you have very unique circumstances, where unless a staff is being deficient or a problematic character, it would be nice if they stayed until an adequate replacement has been found.

tomaldinho1

McKenna and Carrick for example were retained by both Mourinho and Ole, so its not like every manager is wiping the slate clean and throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

Rangnick hasn't been in active management for a while now and so he doesn't have a squad of staff he can assemble at short notice. Add to it the difficulties with recruiting and bringing people in the middle of COVID and you have very unique circumstances, where unless a staff is being deficient or a problematic character, it would be nice if they stayed until an adequate replacement has been found.
I don’t really understand the point you’re trying to make if I’m honest. What do you want to happen?

The previous regime haven’t exactly covered themselves in glory and basically have just left in a staggered fashion, rather than all at once. Phelan is the one who is left and new staff are coming in. There’ll always be one or two who might bridge a gap between managers, RR even tried to get Carrick to stay but I don’t see it as being in any way important that coaches brought in by a previous manager are leaving (unless those coaches were proven which was Moyes’ big error)

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I don’t really understand the point you’re trying to make if I’m honest. What do you want to happen?

The previous regime haven’t exactly covered themselves in glory and basically have just left in a staggered fashion, rather than all at once. Phelan is the one who is left and new staff are coming in. There’ll always be one or two who might bridge a gap between managers, RR even tried to get Carrick to stay but I don’t see it as being in any way important that coaches brought in by a previous manager are leaving (unless those coaches were proven which was Moyes’ big error)
I'm not exactly saying I have a solution but I'm more baffled at people celebrating and demanding a full scale cull immediately. I understand the results left a bad taste in everyone's mouth and the manager has paid the price for it by losing his job but there are practical matters of bridging the gap and keeping the football operations running, so its more sensible to be apprehensive about losing people in quick succession.

Kostov

This really is the dumb & dumber of thread.

99% of the posters here won't know a great coach or how to determine who is a great coach, never mind coach themselves to be in a position to comment --- and yet there are 9 pages slagging off a professional coach.
Well it a football forum my friend, did you expect Klopp and Mourinho to post on the redcafe?

HailtotheKing

Indeed.

Seems like some people are desperate to throw any ire they can at the club about anything!!
No it’s the total opposite, Andy was saying that there’s been a lot of coaching movement behind the scenes. A lot of upheavals and some of these spaces are much more valuable than fans realize when they call for everyone to go. He wasn’t being sensationalistic, on the contrary, it’s the fans who are being that. He said it could either be a good thing or a bad thing, time will tell.

Foxbatt

There are two things. Either he wanted to leave to further his career or RR wanted someone else. Either way it's good.

roseguy64

Nope. But you lot seems to think he's a great coach based on something soneone said years ago.

Resutls arent indicative, but somehow winning u18 title years ago means he's a good coach.

Double standard
If people involved in the game say he's a great coach then I'll believe them. He stuck around for 3 managers and he was poached from his previous club. Must be something in that.

United in sin

sure, maybe Ince was a great manager at all.

Or many neil Warnock isn't a bad manager

Or Maybe SAF was just a mediocre manager got lucky with stuffs.

We can't rate a coach can't we?
The protection McKenna gets among some United supporters is kinda frightening. Carrick I understand, but a no mark like McKenna? He has serious connections, not even joking :devil:

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
If results are the main or only consideration to determining good coaches we'll be in a sorry state going forward with previously sacked/losers and not best in class coaches, Ralf has introduced to the club.

How anyone can judge Carrick and McKenna is beyond bewilderment.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
For top team, the team ability to retain possession under pressure was brutal, though. That's partly due to tactic which mimicking the 80s' style where possession was for pussies.

spiriticon

Why are people so protective of the coaches and direct hate only towards the manager? They are all part of a team.

I doubt for one moment Ole or Mourinho turned to McKenna and said, 'Let's be shit at set pieces, that'll fool em!'

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Well it a football forum my friend, did you expect Klopp and Mourinho to post on the redcafe?
They both make regular appearances in every postgame thread, what are you on about? We're all GOAT experts here

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I’m delighted for him. This club is currently broken, everyone gets dragged down and it’s the players fault. The buck stops with the owners for fostering an environment where far too many of these players got away with doing the bare minimum or less for far too long. They’ll throw any manager or coach under the bus to keep their sweet deals because the only way is down for 99.9% of them.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Was a great result for Ipswich, Wycombe were on a bit of a roll.
Plenty to build on for him there.
My boys Wycombe are well placed in the league, but like United have had a few covid call offs, so we hadn't played for about 18 days!
They certainly caught us at the right rusty time.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
My boys Wycombe are well placed in the league, but like United have had a few covid call offs, so we hadn't played for about 18 days!
They certainly caught us at the right rusty time.
Yeah, I gather your manager wasn't at the game due to Covid as well?

You still look good value for a playoff place.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yeah, I gather your manager wasn't at the game due to Covid as well?

You still look good value for a playoff place.
Yep, that probably didn't help either way.

But we've shown 2 things over the last few years

1)We tend to have a ropey Christmas/New Year spell
2)We're always sluggish after a period without a game

We've played all the top 8 or something like that away already though, which has to be a positive.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Off to a good start

Is that our Ollie Norwood? He doesn't actually play at no.10 for them presumably? Great passer but I would have thought he'd struggle in that position.

IRN-BRUno

Is that our Ollie Norwood? He doesn't actually play at no.10 for them presumably? Great passer but I would have thought he'd struggle in that position.
James Norwood

Ollie is still at Sheffield United.

Manny

Grammar Police

3-0 up in 23 minutes away from home in the last game

And our wingers would have tried to cut inside and shoot, instead of playing that obvious square ball for a tap in.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
If he continues to do well, then it is even more proof that our players are thick as pig shit and poisonous.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
If he continues to do well, then it is even more proof that our players are thick as pig shit and poisonous.
It is? I would take it as evidence that Ole, Ralf and by extension the board are a bit shit but there you go.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
So it’s obvious that it wasn’t his coaching all along. Which makes me wonder how former MLS coaches are going to do with the bunch at United

Based Adnan

Who would have known one of the brightest young coaches in England that was headhunted by us knows what he's doing

Chipper

Adulterer.
I don’t see how two decent performances from a team he manages in the Championship tells us much about anything.
Ipswich wish they were in the Championship. League One mate, but that tells us even less.

3-0 up in 23 minutes away from home in the last game

And our wingers would have tried to cut inside and shoot, instead of playing that obvious square ball for a tap in.
Sexy goal, that.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
I don’t see how two decent performances from a team he manages in the Championship tells us much about anything.
I think it tells a lot more than people who claim he hadn't a clue.