Kieran McKenna | Ipswich manager

Dan_F

Why is everyone talking about fitness levels? Unless you have access to the player’s data from the heart monitors, you literally have no idea about their fitness levels? Amounts run per game can be so many other reasons than fitness levels. All those come backs and late goals under Ole do not scream poor fitness levels to me.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Really good to see him do well. Hope he proved to be an excellent manager.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
Difficult not to get excited, I have to say. No goals conceded in the last 5 hours of football, and we seem to be scoring from lots of different areas of the pitch. Although I'm probably more impressed with the tough, ground out 1-0 at Burton, who made every 2nd ball a battle, than I am at a more open Shrewsbury, who simply turned up and tried to play good football and got outplayed.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
Another win today to take us back to top of the league. Against an Accrington Stanley side who play the worst kind of anti-football. No attempt to do anything other than scrap and try to limit us to nil.
McKenna remains incredibly popular, for obvious reasons, I’m actually more impressed with how he set us up today, he definitely sacrificed style for the sake of height and strength all over the pitch, but it’s exactly the kind of game we’d have drawn 0-0 or dominated but lost last season.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Another win today to take us back to top of the league. Against an Accrington Stanley side who play the worst kind of anti-football. No attempt to do anything other than scrap and try to limit us to nil.
McKenna remains incredibly popular, for obvious reasons, I’m actually more impressed with how he set us up today, he definitely sacrificed style for the sake of height and strength all over the pitch, but it’s exactly the kind of game we’d have drawn 0-0 or dominated but lost last season.
Glad to see him doing well! Turns out he can coach a side AND has tactical nous! Do you think he'll get you promoted?

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
Glad to see him doing well! Turns out he can coach a side AND has tactical nous! Do you think he'll get you promoted?
We’ve made good starts before and fallen away so I’m certainly not taking anything for granted. But so far he’s done an exceptionally good job of matching the team he picks, and the style we choose, to the opposition, and he’s brave enough to change winning teams and alter formations to that end. Other than the first game of the season I’d say he’s got it pretty spot on each time. He discusses it after each game usually, so it’s clearly a conscious effort, and it seems he either has a great eye for seeing opposition weaknesses, and understanding how to exploit them, or he’s got a great team around him. Hopefully both! He’s got Martyn Pert and Lee Grant here from his time with you guys FYI

tomaldinho1

Would be an interesting move that. Get Carrick in as his assistant maybe too?
Feel it’s a great move for whoever goes there assuming they start buying players again. Clearly underperforming, they have a solid squad and infrastructure.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Will be an excellent result if they hold onto this. Plymouth don't often concede at home let alone lose.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
Great win today against (in my opinion) the strongest team in the league. Over 28000 too, which is pretty impressive for League 1.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
In a pretty similar situation as Carrick is a tier above, pushing for those automatic promotion spots. Ipswich has been struggling for form a bit, three draws on the bounce in February, but looks like getting back to winning ways against bottom of the table Forest Green (Charlie Savage full debut). Took Burnley to a replay in the FA Cup too, fell to a last minute winner away. Delighted to see both Carra & McKenna doing so well.

Big_Bro

I had expected Kieran McKenna and Michael Carrick to explore the possibility of loaning some of utd's academy players this past transfer window, having worked with them at their time here at old Trafford.

Oh well, I think their squads are good enough and they are in good league positions.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
I had expected Kieran McKenna and Michael Carrick to explore the possibility of loaning some of utd's academy players this past transfer window, having worked with them at their time here at old Trafford.

Oh well, I think their squads are good enough and they are in good league positions.
There was quite a lot of talk in January that Carrick would be interested in loaning Iqbal but it didn't materialize for some reason. Perhaps they wanted to avoid the pressure of loaning young United players in case they would not be good enough. Especially as both gaffers are doing so well. Hope Ipswich gets promoted and perhaps even Boro. There might be some good options for both players that are ready for PL and then for some in the Championship.

STYLOISRED

so was Ole the problem? Two of his coaches are doing extremely well in managerial roles
The problem was neither. Say what you want about Ole's lack of tactical brilliance, he managed to finish second and third in 2 of his 3 seasons as United manager.

romufc

The problem was neither. Say what you want about Ole's lack of tactical brilliance, he managed to finish second and third in 2 of his 3 seasons as United manager.
People dont understand this. We are having a so called brilliant season, we could finish outside top 4, yet Ole managed 2 top 3 finishes.

Also, in the last 6 weeks we have basically played Ole Ball. Get dominated in first half, try get a goal on counter.

Robbie Boy

People dont understand this. We are having a so called brilliant season, we could finish outside top 4, yet Ole managed 2 top 3 finishes.

Also, in the last 6 weeks we have basically played Ole Ball. Get dominated in first half, try get a goal on counter.
Here we go :lol:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff

:lol:

romufc

It's the same posters every single time, too :lol:
Ahhh you in the one that thinks we are playing some amazing Ten Hag ball when we are getting dominated every single game?

I rate Ten Hag and full back him to bring success but people need to take of their rose tinted glasses.

Leeds battered us in 2 games
Leicester battered us in 1st half
Liverpool annihilated us
Newcastle dominated the whole final
Southampton dominated us

But yes, sorry some posters think we are playing this amazing football when in reality, we are not.

Robbie Boy

Ahhh you in the one that thinks we are playing some amazing Ten Hag ball when we are getting dominated every single game?

I rate Ten Hag and full back him to bring success but people need to take of their rose tinted glasses.

Liverpool annihilated us
Southampton dominated us

But yes, sorry some posters think we are playing this amazing football when in reality, we are not.
:lol:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff

Liverpool annihilated us
Southampton dominated us

Leeds battered us in 2 games - We created the better chances, especially in the home game. The away game we won they had the edge statswise but they still lost comfortably.
Leicester battered us in 1st half - So them playing one good half is worth bringing up but not that we were excellent second half? Again, comfortably better stats for us in that game, especially xG.
Liverpool annihilated us - Yep.
Newcastle dominated the whole final - They had two shots on target. More of the ball but so what? A good manager can win the game without the ball and ETHs gameplan was perfect. Newcastle looked toothless second half.
Southampton dominated us - We had 10 men for the majority of the game ffs and we still could've won it.

Combine all the above with the fact that, you know, we've played a shitload more games than basically all of those sides who had mid-week rests or just far less fixtures in general. ETH has no proper time to train the team, just recovery and the next game.

The fact that people even have to retort this crap is insulting. You're not just chatting shit, you're basically soiling yourself and flinging it around. Absolute joke.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

What did we win under Ole and what state did he leave the team in?

Rockets Redglare

Liverpool annihilated us
Southampton dominated us

Oh grow up, Ole was an absolute chancer who just happened to inherit a very good team who had completely given up under Mourinho. Loved him as a player but he was a complete disaster as a manager and we’re still suffering due to his lack of leadership and cretinous decisions.

I was going to respond to the points you’ve raised but Solius has beat me to it, but I will say that we wouldn’t have won the league cup final under Ole.
He should’ve been sacked after the Europa league final debacle, that was entirely his fault.

Robbie Boy

Leeds battered us in 2 games - We created the better chances, especially in the home game. The away game we won they had the edge statswise but they still lost comfortably.
Leicester battered us in 1st half - So them playing one good half is worth bringing up but not that we were excellent second half? Again, comfortably better stats for us in that game, especially xG.
Liverpool annihilated us - Yep.
Newcastle dominated the whole final - They had two shots on target. More of the ball but so what? A good manager can win the game without the ball and ETHs gameplan was perfect. Newcastle looked toothless second half.
Southampton dominated us - We had 10 men for the majority of the game ffs and we still could've won it.

Combine all the above with the fact that, you know, we've played a shitload more games than basically all of those sides who had mid-week rests or just far less fixtures in general. ETH has no proper time to train the team, just recovery and the next game.

The fact that people even have to retort this crap is insulting. You're not just chatting shit, you're basically soiling yourself and flinging it around. Absolute joke.
Boom!

Judas

Open to offers

My eyes and brain hurt from reading this. How do some spend so long watching a sport, yet seemingly come out with stuff that a child would probably feel a bit silly saying.