Kieran Tierney

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Shaw is much better. A truly complete footballer. Some people don't realise what a talent we have.
Not sure he constitutes a ‘talent’ anymore, but Shaw has been very good this season.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
He's performed very well recently but needs to improve on his final ball basically. I believe Digne still tops the lists when it comes to assists this season by defenders despite only playing 9 games and I think since he signed for us he has the most chances created out of any other defender.

Him and Saka are going to be key players in this Arsenal rebuild.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Is that LCB or LB?

If he is LCB then what has happened to Gabriel and is he moved out to the right?
He's a left back, played nearly all his Celtic career as an attacking left back. Playing left centre back for us handicapped his natural attacking game.

Tierney will be left back, Gabriel will be left centre back, with Mari his understudy.

He seems the type that will only/mainly be swayed by progress and ambition on the pitch, if you show intent to get back to the top he'll stick with you but if you keep hanging around 8th place for the forseable i can see him eventually getting a bit restless (ala Torres at Liverpool). Although he's too professional to ever show it i can't imagine he would have been very happy finding out Rob Holding was getting a new deal.

As for cover, we have a couple of LB's looking for a new home ;)
Rob Holding is one of his friends in the squad so I'm sure he'd have been happy that he is staying.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
He's a left back, played nearly all his Celtic career as an attacking left back. Playing left centre back for us handicapped his natural attacking game.

Tierney will be left back, Gabriel will be left centre back, with Mari his understudy.

Rob Holding is one of his friends in the squad so I'm sure he'd have been happy that he is staying.
Okay yeah I thought so, I hadn't known that he had been made to play LCB at Arsenal much during his time there.

I really liked him as a LB too at celtic.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Arsenal now have a legitimate starting 11 in my eyes.
-------------------------Leno--------------------------
Bellerin----Gabriel-----Mari--------Tierney
----------------Partey(Xhaka)--------------------
Pepe----Smith Rowe--Martinelli---Saka
---------Aubamayeng/Lacazette-----------

Won't do anything this year as too many good teams in front of them and little to no depth, but with Tierney and Smith Rowe and the other youngsters (Pepe, Saka, Martinelli) plus Partey, good foundation for years to come. I would even consider bringing back Guendouzi. Some aren't rating Pepe right now , but go back and see him in the FA Cup final from last year. Bellerin needs to be shipped.
Did you mean to call pepe a youngster? He's 25

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I rate this guy and was surprised we didn't make a move. One of the most well rounded fullbacks in the league.
Yeah, and a captain at an early age with great mentality. Shame really.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
He seems the type that will only/mainly be swayed by progress and ambition on the pitch, if you show intent to get back to the top he'll stick with you but if you keep hanging around 8th place for the forseable i can see him eventually getting a bit restless (ala Torres at Liverpool). Although he's too professional to ever show it i can't imagine he would have been very happy finding out Rob Holding was getting a new deal.

As for cover, we have a couple of LB's looking for a new home ;)
Not sure what that dig at Holding was meant to be but yeah he is one of his mate in the squad with Bellerin so i don't think it is something that he's too annoyed about.
I'm sure signing [Irrelevant point] would go down well :angel:

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea

Not sure what that dig at Holding was meant to be but yeah he is one of his mate in the squad with Bellerin so i don't think it is something that he's too annoyed about.
I'm sure signing [Irrelevant point] would go down well :angel:
Because i imagine he wants to win the league his talent level warrants at some point (in my opinion he's a title winning left back), something which friends or not is highly unlikely to happen with Holding (and Bellerin now you mention him) playing regularly.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Because i imagine he wants to win the league his talent level warrants at some point (in my opinion he's a title winning left back), something which friends or not is highly unlikely to happen with Holding (and Bellerin now you mention him) playing regularly.
Preparing the post Lacazette, signing a #10 and a real attacking winger (or making Pepe work) are far more important to Arsenal competing for the league. I don't get the shitting on Holding who would be a solid rotation option for any club and even more so for Arsenal who will lose 3 or 4 CB in 6 months.
Hat-trick of own goals incoming...

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Arsenal now have a legitimate starting 11 in my eyes.
-------------------------Leno--------------------------
Bellerin----Gabriel-----Mari--------Tierney
----------------Partey(Xhaka)--------------------
Pepe----Smith Rowe--Martinelli---Saka
---------Aubamayeng/Lacazette-----------

Won't do anything this year as too many good teams in front of them and little to no depth, but with Tierney and Smith Rowe and the other youngsters (Pepe, Saka, Martinelli) plus Partey, good foundation for years to come. I would even consider bringing back Guendouzi. Some aren't rating Pepe right now , but go back and see him in the FA Cup final from last year. Bellerin needs to be shipped.
That’s still such an awful team though. I would rate Everton and Leicester higher.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Think his importance to them in final third shown by how rubbish they've been tonight.

AshRK

Was he injured, if not why would you drop or rest him. Same with mari. Why change when you are just slowly getting those wins.

Unfortunate for them he's injured, he's their entire attack. They look clueless playing out without him. He doesn't seem particularly loyal to Arsenal, always comes off as a very passionate player who just wants to succeed. Wonder when he asks out, although Arsenal would probably ask any club in for him for a ridiculous fee.