Kieran Trippier / signed for Newcastle

Status
Not open for further replies.

SATA

He takes a good free kick as well. Used to see him take them for Spurs and even for England. Shaw takes them for us now but he just isn’t very good at it

Cloud7

Trippier would be really good in matches where we struggle to break down the opposition. Definitely in favor of this. If it has the same effect that signing Telles did on Shaw then even better.

Adnan

Talent Spotter

I would like to see this happen. For me the fullback is first a attacker and then a defender in the modern game where space outwide needs to be exploited along with a wide forward who occupies the half space. It also gives us a genuine option of playing a wingback formation to good effect.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I rate Wan-Bissaka but question marks over our scouting / identifying of targets if this is true?
We have to blame the 'cultural reboot' rather than the scouting here. It was well documented that Ole along with Phelan wanted to reboot the culture at the club. So that meant we basicly sidelined almost 50 plus scouts and gave the power to the manager.

bsCallout

We have to blame the 'cultural reboot' rather than the scouting here. It was well documented that Ole along with Phelan wanted to reboot the culture at the club. So that meant we basicly sidelined almost 50 plus scouts and gave the power to the manager.
That's not really how it works.

Kaos

He's a local lad isn't he? Or at least his family are.

Would be a great value signing tbh - PL proven, title winner - so plenty of experience and very good going forward.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
So that meant we basicly sidelined almost 50 plus scouts and gave the power to the manager.
How do you know that? I dont understand that logic. That since we wanted a «cultural reboot» we decided to sideline 50 scouts?

OGS also did a podcast before the summer of 2019 where he went out of his way to praise the scouts and the recruitment system.

What is well documented is that both the manager and the recruitment department can put down a veto on any signing.

(I was strongly against AWB too.)

Adnan

Talent Spotter
... You think Solskjaer culled 50 scouts? Instead what; him and Phelan do all the scouting themselves?
Nobody culled 50 scouts because the scouts under the jurisdiction of Henny de Regt (Head of European scouting) are by default sidelined if the plan is to buy British players as reported by all the journos covering United. ( cultural reboot)

Nick7

That’s utter utter fecking bollocks.

To spend £50 million on a right-back only for a year later the manager to be unsatisfied with his attacking output, Wan-Bissaka was never a Dani Alves just seems poor planning.
AWB has been here two years, and we have no other right backs that can actually play football at this stage. Trippier seems a similar signing to Telles from last summer. Don’t know how that means it’s poor planning.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
How do you know that? I dont understand that logic. That since we wanted a «cultural reboot» we decided to sideline 50 scouts?

OGS also did a podcast before the summer of 2019 where he went out of his way to praise the scouts and the recruitment system.

(I was strongly against AWB too.)
Read my last post

That’s utter utter fecking bollocks.

AWB has been here two years, and we have no other right backs that can actually play football at this stage. Trippier seems a similar signing to Telles from last summer. Don’t know how that means it’s poor planning.
it’s just people who will twist absolutely everything to a negative and slag off the club/ manager.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
It was reported by James Ducker, Simon Stone, Paul Hirst, Mark Ogden, etc that Solskjaer was conducting a cultural reboot in the summer of 2019.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Nobody culled 50 scouts because the scouts under the jurisdiction of Henny de Regt (Head of European scouting) are by default sidelined if the plan is to buy British players as reported by all the journos covering United.
So the scouts veto goes out of the window if we are looking at a british player? Can you remember where you read that? I try to read almost all articles regarding the topic, but I can not recall to have read this.

bsCallout

It was reported by James Ducker, Simon Stone, Paul Hirst, Mark Ogden, etc that Solskjaer was conducting a cultural reboot in the summer of 2019.
You've put 2 and 2 together and ended up with 5.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
So the scouts veto goes out of the window if we are looking at a british player? Can you remember where you read that? I try to read almost all articles regarding the topic, but I can not recall to have read this.
According to Ole, it needs 5 scouts to Veto him.

Gandalf

Before we get derailed by what Ole did or didn't do in 2019 can we not just understand that our bench frequently looks piss poor and we need 2 starting caliber players for every position if we want to catch Citeh. Signing Trippier is not a comment on AWB being a bad signing, it is recognition of the fact that we need another legitimate player for the position and preferably someone who offers something different. As some have mentioned, AWB is ideal for those games against big clubs where we are likely to be under a lot of pressure whereas Trippier is perfect for the likes of Palace and Burnley who park the bus.

Before we get derailed by what Ole did or didn't do in 2019 can we not just understand that our bench frequently looks piss poor and we need 2 starting caliber players for every position if we want to catch Citeh. Signing Trippier is not a comment on AWB being a bad signing, it is recognition of the fact that we need another legitimate player for the position and preferably someone who offers something different. As some have mentioned, AWB is ideal for those games against big clubs where we are likely to be under a lot of pressure whereas Trippier is perfect for the likes of Palace and Burnley who park the bus.
good post. There’s very little else to say on the matter.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
But not if it is a british player? I believe you, I just cant find anything about it.
He said this on TV whilst being interviewed. I discussed this last year with another poster who did a search and confirmed it was the case.

But the most shocking thing about all this is that Ole on several occassions went on record to say he wanted to adopt a high press/high line. And then to end up with Aaron Wan Bissaka for £50m was a huge balls up. I remember myself including you, saying he was the wrong profile of signing before he had kicked a ball for us. Now the tabloids are saying Ole is of the same opinion.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
He said this on TV whilst being interviewed. I discussed this last year with another poster who did a search and confirmed it was the case.

But the most shocking thing about all this is that Ole on several occassions went on record to say he wanted to adopt a high press/high line. And then to end up with Aaron Wan Bissaka for £50m was a huge balls up. I remember myself including you, saying he was the wrong profile of signing before he had kicked a ball for us. Now the tabloids are saying Ole is of the same opinion.
exactly, the tabloids

AWB has been a very good signing and Trippier's signing if it happens is no different to Telles coming in last summer. You can't have 1 RB in the squad, this season Williams has been the backup but he needs a loan to progress his own career so it's either recall Dalot or sign someone new like Trippier

Adnan

Talent Spotter
exactly, the tabloids

AWB has been a very good signing and Trippier's signing if it happens is no different to Telles coming in last summer. You can't have 1 RB in the squad, this season Williams has been the backup but he needs a loan to progress his own career so it's either recall Dalot or sign someone new like Trippier
I never said we only need one fullback. I'm happy with the potential arrival of Trippier because it gives me hope of seeing a more functional attack.

charlenefan

I never said we only need one fullback. I'm happy with the potential arrival of Trippier because it gives me hope of seeing a more functional attack.
but you're believing this nonsense that the signing is because we're not happy with AWB, if that was really the case do you think his replacement would really be a near 31 year old?

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
If AWB keeps improving at the current rates he’s going be tremendous. I already think he’s ludicrously underrated at beating the press - he was awful at it and clearly targeted but he’s got far better at it now. You’d think he couldn’t pass a ball listening to some of the usual suspects on here. The issue is if he gets injured we have nobody else. Trippier will push AWB to continue to improve, adds depth and also offers another attacking option. Very good signing if it happens.

lex talionis

It all comes down to what our budget is and what are top priorities are. If 50m is required to bring in Trippier and our net spend budget is 150m I think we need to take a pass. (Truly no pun intended.)

But putting that aside he would make an excellent addition to the squad and may even make AWB an even better footballer.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
but you're believing this nonsense that the signing is because we're not happy with AWB, if that was really the case do you think his replacement would really be a near 31 year old?
Why the feck is it nonsense when Andy Mitten and Luckhurst have both reported that AWB is a cause for concern in offensive transition. I'm going off what Mitten and Luckhurst have said and from a footballing pov it makes total sense.

charlenefan

Why the feck is it nonsense when Andy Mitten and Luckhurst have both reported that AWB is a cause for concern in offensive transition. I'm going off what Mitten and Luckhurst have said and from a footballing pov it makes total sense.
well Luckhurst especially is renowned for being a fecking idiot for starters

Adnan

Talent Spotter
well Luckhurst especially is renowned for being a fecking idiot for starters
Mitten is popular on here though, isn't he? And tbh with you they aren't reporting anything false because Wan Bissaka is a causes for concern when it comes to transitioning play. Trippier would potentially be a superb signing against teams who sit back.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Nobody culled 50 scouts because the scouts under the jurisdiction of Henny de Regt (Head of European scouting) are by default sidelined if the plan is to buy British players as reported by all the journos covering United. ( cultural reboot)
We heard this over a year ago, yet the only British players the club signed were Maguire, AWB and James. We also in that time signed Bruno, Telles, Cavani, VDB, Ighalo, Pellistri and Diallo.

The signing British players narrative is a load of rubbish, an absolute myth. I am sick of hearing people regurgitate that nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.