Kieran Trippier / signed for Newcastle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gandalf

I would like this done but the latest rumors say Atleti want 40m euro for him which is too much for us to commit to the position. Hopefully they are just blagging and the price drops to half that or less, otherwise I would just see if our coaches can actually develop a player for once and keep Dalot around for another year.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
40m for a new 31 year old? Yeah good luck with that we're not talking about WC CF here

I would like this done but the latest rumors say Atleti want 40m euro for him which is too much for us to commit to the position. Hopefully they are just blagging and the price drops to half that or less, otherwise I would just see if our coaches can actually develop a player for once and keep Dalot around for another year.
I believe they have asked for his release clause.

Its just an opening stance.

I don’t imagine they would stand in his way if he wants to go.

Scholsey2004

This actually gives us a bit of a headache as we definitely need a right back who's technically better to get the best out of Sancho. Trippier seemed the safest option but not for the money thats being quoted for a player over 30, surely?

Scholsey2004

Dalot isnt the solution imo. Hes no better technically than Wan Bissaka. If Sancho is coming in we need to pair him with a full back who can contribute to the build up and i dont think we have that player at the club right now.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Like any other club, if Atleti finds a suitable replacement and thinks he's a better alternative and also make better financial sense they will come to the table to negotiate. The other alternative is for Trippier to kick up a stink. Obviously, until such time Atleti has the upper hand due to the contract situation and will quote silly money. Simple business logic.

future2future

There are rumors that Hakimi is available for 56m with both PSG and Chelsea in the run. Wouldn't that be the ultimate buy for an attacking, multifunctional player: Can play RB,LB, RM, RW. Of course a different price point but a world class player

wise_old_man

There are rumors that Hakimi is available for 56m with both PSG and Chelsea in the run. Wouldn't that be the ultimate buy for an attacking, multifunctional player: Can play RB,LB, RM, RW. Of course a different price point but a world class player
Hakimi instead of Trippier would cost even more money. But it will also be a true statement of intent from the club.

jamesjimmybyrondean

If Sancho wasn't available he would be the alternative

WhyYouGottaBeSoRuud?

I don't think we should be spending €40M on a backup player who's only got a couple of good years left in him. We do need a top quality back up, because AWB is going to burn out, at this rate. 20M tops, I would say.
We already have Dalot, Williams and Laird; why do we need to spend more on a back-up RB?

Rolaholic

As for Hakimi, apparently Inter want 80m and aren't willing to sell even though they've gotten offers of 60m from Chelsea and PSG...

tjb

Apparently Ole wants to test how AWB would do at CB. Not against that really. Our own Lillian Thuram

pascell

Apparently Ole wants to test how AWB would do at CB. Not against that really. Our own Lillian Thuram
Thats only during pre season apparently. And thats because Maguire and Lindelof will get a longer break than the rest due to the Euros and will meet up with the squad later in pre season.

lenny_1248

Genuinely how anyone who watches AWB could think he'd make a good CB I've no clue whatsoever.
Agree.
These are the same people who wanted Dalot play as a RW because he does stepovers.
Just because AWB slide tackles does not mean he can be a CB or DM. It's insane.

Robertd0803

Genuinely how anyone who watches AWB could think he'd make a good CB I've no clue whatsoever.
I hope this is some of tactical masterstoke by Ole that hes seen something we dont see and we will all be proved wrong. Or else its a veiled hint that we need another CB.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Agree.
These are the same people who wanted Dalot play as a RW because he does stepovers.
To be fair at least Dalot had had a couple of really good appearances off the bench at RW. Too bad he was shit every time he started there.

Has a proper source said something about AWB playing at CB or is this all just because of that bullshit Sun (I think it was?) source a couple of days ago?

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Agree.
I think the last thing I want is a CB who's primary function is a slide tackle

hobbers

He has the aerial presence of a flea. No upper body strength. Clueless positionally.

In other words, only a slight downgrade on Lindelof.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
United : We've scouted thousands of players for the right fullback role at Manchester United and have come to the conclusion that AWB is the perfect short and longterm candidate for that role.

3 years later

United : Can you (AWB) play CB ?

Mark Pawelek

Spanish clubs can have up to 5 non-EU players but only 3 of them can be in the match day squad. Atletico have 4. On current form, I reckon they'll sell one of the Brazilians, or swap one for an EU player. I'd keep Trippier and aim for another title next season.
Age​
Felipe​
CB​
32​
Brazil​
Renan Lodi​
LB​
23​
Brazil​
Kieran Trippier​
RB​
30​
England​
Luis Suárez​
CF​
34​
Uruguay​

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Spanish clubs can have up to 5 non-EU players but only 3 of them can be in the match day squad. Atletico have 4. On current form, I reckon they'll sell one of the Brazilians, or swap one for an EU player. I'd keep Trippier and aim for another title next season.
Age​
Felipe​
CB​
32​
Brazil​
Renan Lodi​
LB​
23​
Brazil​
Kieran Trippier​
RB​
30​
England​
Luis Suárez​
CF​
34​
Uruguay​
They also have Gimenez, the Uruguayan

dinostar77

Can only wish that Utd were interested. Is he best in a back four or as a wing back though?

Age​
Felipe​
CB​
32​
Brazil​
Renan Lodi​
LB​
23​
Brazil​
Kieran Trippier​
RB​
30​
England​
Luis Suárez​
CF​
34​
Uruguay​
its quite a restrictive practice. Especially given the language links to South America

I suppose they get around it quite a lot as many players will have ‘Spanish passports’.

I would have thought Suarez would have qualified for duel nationality given he’s been there for 5-6 years?

Mark Pawelek

its quite a restrictive practice. Especially given the language links to South America

I suppose they get around it quite a lot as many players will have ‘Spanish passports’.

I would have thought Suarez would have qualified for duel nationality given he’s been there for 5-6 years?
Suarez almost got Italian nationality last summer when trying to sign for Juventus, and was accused to cheating on the Italian language test. It's reported: in La Liga, he didn't need to obtain Spanish nationality due to his wife, who is Spanish.

RuudTom83

Why would Trippier sign for United to be a backup squad player.

Nothing about him screams cheap buy to add squad depth...he just won the league in Spain and Athletic don't seem to want to get rid of him.

Strange target indeed.

Judas

Open to offers
Why would Trippier sign for United to be a backup squad player.

Nothing about him screams cheap buy to add squad depth...he just won the league in Spain and Athletic don't seem to want to get rid of him.

Strange target indeed.
It's almost as if the club have had contact with him and his people and know first hand he'd be interested in coming to us and adding squad depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.