Kieran Trippier / signed for Newcastle

Status
Not open for further replies.

lenny_1248

Trippier only has a season left to run on his deal with Atletico, not two as has been previously suggested. There are options to extend hid contract at The Wanda Metropolitano, but as it stands his deal expires at the end of the forthcoming season. Sami Mokbel

This is key.
The deal needs to be done. Trippier will help a lot.

Sancho/Varane/Trippier/Camavinga is an amazing transfer window.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Trippier only has a season left to run on his deal with Atletico, not two as has been previously suggested. There are options to extend hid contract at The Wanda Metropolitano, but as it stands his deal expires at the end of the forthcoming season. Sami Mokbel

This is key.

Well that A- changes everything and B- makes Madrid's asking price even more insane

Infestissumam

This is key.

I'm pretty sure his contract runs until 2023. It originally ran until 2022 but him playing 20+ games automatically triggered a one year extension.

RUCK4444

Wouldn't be against this, not sure he provides a definite upgrade on AWB as I think he's growing his offensive game and defensively AWB is better than almost anybody.

We definitely need cover and somebody to push AWB though, he has an awesome cross on him, so he ticks a lot of boxes. Just needs to be the right price as we still have holes in the starting 11, especially DM which should be the priority after we hopefully sign a CB.

TrustInOle

Would be a brilliant tutor to AWB as he already has most of his defensive game looking solid, whilst Trippier could help him improve his positioning more as he is vastly experienced playing FB and WB, with the added benefit that he could help AWB improve his crossing and decision making going forward.

All the while being an effective acquisition to help in games where we will see a majority of the ball and having a striker who won't just sit at the far post on crosses will help his productivity. Not relying on pace means he definatley still has a few years left in him. I think he would be a brilliant signing if we can get the deal done at a decent price!

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Always thought this would be a deal that's more likely to happen later in the window. Trippier only has 2 years left and if he's pushing for a move then Atletico could be forced to lower their price. They need the money.

Eternitiy

Wouldn't be against this, not sure he provides a definite upgrade on AWB as I think he's growing his offensive game and defensively AWB is better than almost anybody.

We definitely need cover and somebody to push AWB though, he has an awesome cross on him, so he ticks a lot of boxes. Just needs to be the right price as we still have holes in the starting 11, especially DM which should be the priority after we hopefully sign a CB.
Seriously? He's good at going to the ground to tackle, what else?

Syphon Wallet

Trippier is a better RB all round than AWB at the moment.
AWB needs to improve on virtually everything except 1v1s

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Since Trippier can play as left back (never knew he could), we could sell Telles to Roma (if Telles wants to leave) and have Trippier to be no 2 of our left back and right back.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

This is key.

If Atletico have the option, it might as well be two. So it really doesn't matter.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Young was never a full-back....to play him there was always crazy.
Young was a fine leftback for a couple of seasons. Probably the best performing in the league for the first half of 17/18. His performances started dropping after that though, and he was never as good on the right (although he was still better than Valencia by that stage).

Rolaholic

Would be a great signing if Atleti can be convinced to sell for a realistic fee.

Hopefully the fact that he's burning to return home works in the clubs favor and he tries to push Atleti hard.

Would be a fitting reward for helping them win their first league crown in 7 years

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
This feels like a deadline day signing, after Varane has signed his new contract at Madrid and Camavinga has joined PSG of course and the muppets are rioting :angel:

criticalanalysis

they fought tooth and nail to get him out of a suspension, and got him back into the squad half-fit in the middle of it if i'm remembering correctly.
I'm sure they would have done that for any first team player. I could imagine Utd doing the same if it was Lindelof.

Lindelof was ever present and was much needed/perhaps even vital (looking at it objectively) for us this season but in no way shape or form would we miss him, if we sold him/got a replacement.

Still, I didn't watch Atletico's games so maybe someone who did can tell me otherwise!

croadyman

Still think he could really push this one after returning from his holiday but who knows, clearly Utd are playing it cool with both this and a midfielder until they get a clearer picture on the Pogba situation and other potential sales too.

Chairman Steve

I get the feeling we were supposed to get him back in January if it wasn’t for his betting rules breach. I remember a lot of links back then from decent sources.

Bwuk

He’ll put AWB out the side. He’s very under rated on this forum.

Marcus

This looks a done deal if AM want Jesse. Straightforward swap plus/minus some cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.