Kieran Trippier / signed for Newcastle

Status
Not open for further replies.

RUCK4444

I'd be over the moon if this window finished with Trippier and a Pogba renewal.

We still need a DM but I'd take the above as first choice result. Then go for the DM and striker position next summer.

What a team we would be building if it goes something along the above lines.

manc exile

Supports
City

We still need a DM but I'd take the above as first choice result. Then go for the DM and striker position next summer.

You would be over the moon with a city academy product and a man who only shows up in fits and starts?

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert

Same. Would be perfect end to the window. AWB can definitely be improved upon and trippier is that player. That’s not to say AWB can’t reach a higher level — he’s still young and learning.

No Love

Jadon Sancho isn’t a bad player; however, I loathe the fact he was on the books at City. I might hold this grudge against him for the rest of time.

PoTMS

Two former City rejects in one transfer window? That's not on, I'm not 'aving that.

iHicksy

Jadon Sancho isn’t a bad player; however, I loathe the fact he was on the books at City. I might hold this grudge against him for the rest of time.
Legitimately don't understand people like you. This kind of "thinking" is a little disturbing quite frankly.

zenith

If we get Trippier, I don't think we'll be getting a midfielder as well. In all likelihood Ole is going to continue with McFred and will attack with 6 (including full backs) while trying to maintain a defensive screen.

If VDB can rise to the occasion and provide reliable transitionary support, then that'll just be great

Tallis

I get the feeling that people’s perception of how good trippier is, has gone up because he doesn’t play in England anymore. I don’t mind him as an experienced backup to AWB but am not sure if he is as must have as people seem to be thinking

BorisManUtd

Think once we sell few players (Lingard, Pereira etc.) then towards the end of window we'll sign Trippier and that'll be last piece of our business this summer (except if Pogba is to leave, then we'll sign a midfielder as well).

IrishRedDevil

30 year old defender that was average during his time in the premier league, who will be the new scapegoat at United (to replace Young and Jones) within a year after signing, then we will all complain that he has a 4 year contract.

GMoore23

We aren't going to pay over the mill for a near 31 year old full back with only a year left on his current deal. I can't see us forking out much more than 10m so if Trippier really wants the move he's going to have to push for it and hand in a transfer request.

Kaizane

Would be a shrewd signing if we don't overpay.

I don't think it will be a case of AWB or Trippier, A or B, more different horses for different courses.

AWB for games we expect to play against a high line and Trippier when we expect a low line; he can probably provide the same on the other flank too.

Hope we can offload fringe players too, the squad is looking a little bloated.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
I think interest in Trippier is genuine. This would allow the team to play 3 at the back with Shaw and Trippier given more license to attack. With the acquisition of Varane when teams park the bus Maguire, Varane and Lindelof can play a high line in the confidence Varane is quick and much better on one on one than Lindelof. Just hope Dea Gea get the message and does not stay glued on his goal line.

EdinburghDevil

I think this will happen and it will improve the squad. AWB currently has no meaningful competition and Trippier can also play LB if required too. He'd be a handy addition.

I think once we ship a few out, this one will happen later in the window.

OrcaFat

At this point, yes, that would be a result. But I’d be equally happy if Pogba goes and we get a decent replacement CM, plus Trippier, of course.

Suedesi

Why are we so hell bent on Trippier? What does he offer that we lack? Is he going to sit on the bench or replace AWB? 31 yrs old, decent player but didn't quite pull amazing feats with the Spurs week in week out.

All this talk about Trippier with Pogba unsettled and our need for a DM has left me scratching me head.

choccy77

I'd be over the moon if we got £50m for Pogba instead of watching him leave again for nothing having done very little for us.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
You would be over the moon with a city academy product and a man who only shows up in fits and starts?
Those fits and starts helping Atletico to their first La Liga in over 7 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.