Kieran Trippier / signed for Newcastle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
Seriously? If we get Saul on loan and Trippier, that would be the best ever atleast in my time and I have been watching united since 2001.
Honestly, not to be a negative Nigel, but I think our window is done. Hope I'm wrong - but Saul looks like he's Chelsea bound and Atleti are still asking for stupid money for Trippier. Things can happen quickly so I hope I'm wrong and you're right!

RedDevilRoshi

If we sign Trippier after City get Ronaldo it will surely rank as one of our most disappointing transfer deals ever.

With all due respect to Trippier the thought of us trying to act like its a great deal in the background of city rolling out the blue carpet for Ronaldo would be hard to take.
What a load of absolute horse shite! So if we were to make any further new signings that would strengthen our squad, you’d be disappointed about it because all the attention is just going to be on Ronaldo going to City?

croadyman

Honestly, not to be a negative Nigel, but I think our window is done. Hope I'm wrong - but Saul looks like he's Chelsea bound and Atleti are still asking for stupid money for Trippier. Things can happen quickly so I hope I'm wrong and you're right!
Yeah don't see any deadline day surprises this time which is a shame

RkkMan

Yeah don't see any deadline day surprises this time which is a shame
Dalot is reliably linked with a loan move to Dortmund as of last night. That plus Celik to Atletico does show Trippier may be happening but it may be our only business maybe with Lingard being sold and Amad out on loan

RkkMan

Something is definitely happening

LoneStar

What a load of absolute horse shite! So if we were to make any further new signings that would strengthen our squad, you’d be disappointed about it because all the attention is just going to be on Ronaldo going to City?
City are stacked, yes. But if we sign a CM and a RB, we are good enough to finish with 90+ points. Whether our manager can do that is another question.

Grizzly B

This move would actually make a lot of sense right now.

Statman Dave did a video on our options to fix the midfield and he made a good point about utilising the wings to transition rather than through the middle. Shaw & Pogba / Rashford are very capable of this down the left, with the signing of Sancho the only thing that would stop us doing this down the right is AWB being very conservative with his passes.

Trippier would represent a much cheaper option than a CM and we could raise funds for him by loaning out Dalot and getting a Loan fee + his wages paid.

For whatever reason I get the impression that Ole doesn't fancy any of the options for CM this summer and we have seen over the last few years the club wait for the right person rather than someone to fill the hole.

While I would rather we fix all our holes this summer if thats not possible this does seem like a sensible and logical move with a view to solving the CM issue next summer along with a CF.

Kostov

City are stacked, yes. But if we sign a CM and a RB, we are good enough to finish with 90+ points. Whether our manager can do that is another question.
If our team is good enough to finish with 90+points, City will probably hit 110, that's without factoring the managers.

Judas

Open to offers
Can't not be happening if we're letting Dalot go, surely?

Truth be told though, if there's one more deal left in the window for us, I'd rather we got a midfielder over the line.

DesiAce83

Liverpool won the league with what was just a very functional midfield, effectively water carriers who broke up attacks (although I realise that the Dutch guy chimed in with a few goals). Going into the season with Matic, McFred and Paul as the only option worries me but if we can replicate wing play like our hey days, don't worry about the mids!!!

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne

Truth be told though, if there's one more deal left in the window for us, I'd rather we got a midfielder over the line.
Agreed. I'd rather play Bailly at RB for a few games than get trippier and not address the midfield.

lenny_1248

Trippier will come, Dalot will be sent on loan to Borussia.
Lingard will be sold to West Ham, United will bring Saul on loan or Camavinga/another CM.

Kramer

Lingard will be sold to West Ham, United will bring Saul on loan or Camavinga/another CM.
I admire your confidence. I sincerely hope you’re right. If we manage to pull that off, then we would have had a pretty good window.

LoneStar

If our team is good enough to finish with 90+points, City will probably hit 110, that's without factoring the managers.
My point is that both the United and City squads are stacked, assuming we sign those players. Their success lies on the coaching and luck with injuries, draws etc.

City might have a better chance of sustained success with their squad. But we have enough to win a title. Similar to what happened when Pool won the league.

Judas

Open to offers
My point is that both the United and City squads are stacked, assuming we sign those players. Their success lies on the coaching and luck with injuries, draws etc.

City might have a better chance of sustained success with their squad. But we have enough to win a title. Similar to what happened when Pool won the league.
Ours isn’t even remotely stacked compared to City or even Chelsea’s squads.

LoneStar

Ours isn’t even remotely stacked compared to City or even Chelsea’s squads.
It's stacked enough to have a chance of winning the league. Again, assuming we make those signings.

Chelsea had an outside chance of winning the CL, and they did. Winning the league would need more consistency, and a bit of luck, but it's absolutely possible.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
I've been saying this for weeks.

I'm losing confidence in the CM though. I think Saul will go to Chelsea and Camavinga to PSG.

That'd leave us with Neves you'd think, but there hasn't really been any concrete links to him.

Zoo

Liverpool won the league with what was just a very functional midfield, effectively water carriers who broke up attacks (although I realise that the Dutch guy chimed in with a few goals). Going into the season with Matic, McFred and Paul as the only option worries me but if we can replicate wing play like our hey days, don't worry about the mids!!!
The problem is if one of McTominay or Fred are injured then we are in trouble and those 2 already attract enough criticism. It’s a position that needs to be addressed ASAP.

AaronRedDevil

Better off to just keep him. He’s barely costing us a lot and he can probably do the job good.

Born2Lose

I like Trippier but can't understand why we're pissing around with this and Dalot when a midfielder should be a priority.

Strats

We'd be daft letting go of two full backs in Dalot and Williams(even three, if you count Laird on loan) without any replacement.

This has to happen.

Castia

Isn't it common knowledge that our transfer business is pretty much done? we might get one if we're lucky but that will probably depend on outgoings.

RUCK4444

I like Trippier but can't understand why we're pissing around with this and Dalot when a midfielder should be a priority.
This. Absolutely this.

Concentrating on Trippier instead of midfield right now is like trying to empty a ship full of water with a teacup whilst ignoring the gaping hole below deck.

We aren’t going to see much benefit from our signings with the midfield we have, especially with injuries.

I’ve been banging this drum for two years now, DM is more important than the positions we’ve been fixing, it’s the one position that will directly affect/improve the others imo.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
With them signing a replacement and us having bids on the table for Dalot, it's looking likely that all parties are resigned to this happening. I think he'll put in a transfer request to bring the fee down a bit.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
How is it this hard to sign a backup rb
Trippier is not signing to be a back up. He is signing to.compete with AWB. Why would he accept being back up to a player that's 3/4 places behind him for the RB spot for England?

Santos J

Could be a goer then, would be a great signing for us. Think he'd end up playing himself into being first choice quite quickly if we do sign him.

croadyman

Yeah midfielder over RB for me as well but looks unlikely

croadyman

I've been saying this for weeks.

I'm losing confidence in the CM though. I think Saul will go to Chelsea and Camavinga to PSG.

That'd leave us with Neves you'd think, but there hasn't really been any concrete links to him.
Would rip your arm off for that right now hopefully after he has a good game on Sun but in a losing cause

poleglass red

Atletico have made their intentions clear with their desperation they have to get Saul of the books due to his wages. Clubs can sense that, so whomever it is that goes for Trippier, be it us or someone else, is probably waiting until last min. Surely they'd want to cash in on a 30 year old who I think has made it clear he wants to return to england.

Status
Not open for further replies.