Kieran Trippier

TheGame

knowing that Newcastle are looking to splash the cash and have tons of it, that fee seems quite low considering how steadfast they were when we were linked. Newcastle are looking to show their financial strength here in Jan, clubs I feel could easily make them pay a lot more
There are some add ons to the fee as well I believe.

Bwuk

If they get Trippier and Digne, they have a better starting pair of full backs than we do.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
They need goals but they are fixing the defence who can't defend in a 4 man defence.

Are they signing any forwards?

Redlyn

We were quoted £50m for him. How had he gone for £12m?
I very much doubt there was any truth in that. He is 31.

But if there was still a deal to be had at these sorts of prices we should have gone for it and sent Dalot on loan. Missed a trick there.

United in sin

I'm glad he signed for them. He wouldn't have worked out here and he wont have a good stint at Newcastle in my opinion. He's passed it

The Oracle

£12m is an absolute steal for Trippier.

I would've signed him to play on the right wing for his crossing ability, and kept Wan-Bissaka at right-back for his tackling ability.

It would have sured up our right side, and provided more service for the likes of Ronaldo and Cavani to score more headed goals.

padzilla

Hipster
A quality player - in about 10 years when they win the league each season he'll be the answer to a quiz question.

miked99

I don't think he would've been a good signing for us. He's the reverse of AWB - good going forward, not so great in defence. He's good as a wing-back, poor as a right-back. But £12M is still a really good deal for Newcastle.

Comes across as a top bloke though. I really like the way he speaks.