Kieran Trippier / signed for Newcastle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Wow I wonder if this renews our transfer or if it is still too much of a gamble.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I can’t understand how anyone doesn’t think he’s a good RB when he’s playing for top of the table and has a key role.
He clearly is decent, but because he's trippier from burnley/tottenham people think he's useless.

I get that people want new shiny toys all the time, but he'd be a good squad option that isn't too expensive and would settle in immediately.

We really need another RB option to give AWB a rest and rotate effectively, he'd be a great option IMO.

I think he would have improved a lot playing under Simeone also, I don't remember seeing him getting skinned or out of position as much as he was at Tottenham.

He clearly is decent, but because he's trippier from burnley/tottenham people think he's useless.

I get that people want new shiny toys all the time, but he'd be a good squad option that isn't too expensive and would settle in immediately.

We really need another RB option to give AWB a rest and rotate effectively, he'd be a great option IMO.

I think he would have improved a lot playing under Simeone also, I don't remember seeing him getting skinned or out of position as much as he was at Tottenham.
Don’t think anyone cares where he’s come from, and yet you seem to ignore he’s Trippier from Athletic Madrid...

There seems to be genuine interest, but this likely ban will probably put this to bed.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
To give you an idea of him this season:
14 games all 90 mins
5 assists
Progressive passing distance 5246m (1500m more than AWB) with Trippier playing one less game
16 key passes (slightly over 1 per game)
2.57 shot creating actions per 90 (AWB 1.33)
0.5 goal creating actions r 90

He’s a top RB. Just not a flashy name he’s efficient and effective which is what we need to tide us over.
Luke Shaw has 8 in 169 games for comparison, Wan Bissaka 8 in his career so far (89 games iirc)
He’ll just offer us a bit of experience and quality for RB to enable us to rest AWB. I’m all for it.

Adam-Utd

Wow that sure is over the top, definitely making him a scapegoat.

Adam-Utd

Football has to be a reliable ally to its gambling partners and Trippier was taking the piss out of them with his antics. 10 weeks is well deserved.
He really didn't when you see what he did. He literally replied to 1 mate in a private whatsapp group - hardly ran a betting ring did he?

They lost about 2 grand, just fine him and get it over with.

Bebestation

I really want him here aswell.

10 games is maybe a bit quicker.

Ainu

Football has to be a reliable ally to its gambling partners and Trippier was taking the piss out of them with his antics. 10 weeks is well deserved.
A reliable ally to its gambling partners? I feel sick reading something like that. Quite frankly it's disgusting how much influence betting companies have on the game.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
He really didn't when you see what he did. He literally replied to 1 mate in a private whatsapp group - hardly ran a betting ring did he?

They lost about 2 grand, just fine him and get it over with.
Its more about violating the letter of the law than the money he did or didn't cost someone. Sky, for example have already been under fire for reporting news and then soliciting bets on the same parlays and they pay a ton of money to the premier league and the FA for TV rights.

A reliable ally to its gambling partners? I feel sick reading something like that. Quite frankly it's disgusting how much influence betting companies have on the game.
They've got to make commercial partners happy, especially when the game is squeezed for money as it is right now.

croadyman

Would have been interested to see if Atletico would have let him go in January had this ban not happened and Utd would probably have made their interest more concrete but will never know now so doesn't matter

macmaggy

I’ve heard Trippier has been looking at expensive houses in Hawkshaw (North of Bury), could be for a family member though as he used to live a few miles away.

Bebestation

Wan Bissaka, Trippier, Shaw & Telles. Good bunch of fullbacks with a mix of attacking and defensive capabilities.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
The majority of fans turned their noses up the last time we were linked with him. Personally I've always rated him as quite a decent wingback.

Adamsk7

He’s be perfect in the same way Telles is perfect the other side. Different player to AWB and a good crosser of the ball. Now we’re keeping Cavani, that could be a real asset from the right, especially if we are chasing a game.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
The majority of fans turned their noses up the last time we were linked with him. Personally I've always rated him as quite a decent wingback.
Issue was looking at him as a starter. As a depth player like Telles it's fine.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
What a window this is shaping up to be, Tom Heaton and Kieran Trippier. I heard Sean Dyche is taking over as manager as well :drool::drool::drool:

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Issue was looking at him as a starter. As a depth player like Telles it's fine.
Even before we signed AWB, having Trippier as a starter is hardly a poor decision. He's potentially going to win La Liga in being a first starter for Diego Simeone's side.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Assuming Dalot isn't coming back (if he's even up to it) we've got very little quality depth at RB. Tripper would be excellent cover - and a different option to AWB. Would really work overlapping Sancho as well.

NYAS

What a window this is shaping up to be, Tom Heaton and Kieran Trippier. I heard Sean Dyche is taking over as manager as well :drool::drool::drool:
I actually do want Chris Wood for CF back-up after Cavani, and if Henderson doesn’t work out we should look at Nick Pope!

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I actually do want Chris Wood for CF back-up after Cavani, and if Henderson doesn’t work out we should look at Nick Pope!
What about Tarkowski as CB as well? :lol:

redrobed

His legs always look a little short to me and these sorts of things can make a difference at this level. Can be the difference between making and not making a last ditch tackle.

That being said I’d probably still take the risk if he can be got for 10m-ish as it allows us to focus on other areas. Seems desperate to come to us as well which I always like.

Status
Not open for further replies.