Kieran Trippier / signed for Newcastle

Status
Not open for further replies.

dinostar77

Apparently RB will be the position that Utd will be most economical and creative on. Priority for strengthening is a forward i.e. striker or winger, centre mid and centre back. Want a more attacking alternative option to AWB, but a cheap deal.

Source: transfer window podcast

OverratedOpinion

An offer is never really that disrespectful. If 2 clubs value a player very differently then it just is what it is.

Not exactly a huge burden for them to read an offer and then just say no thank you.

Leg-End

Yep, just no point if the asking price is inflated like that.

Crimson King

We're not going to pay £40m for him.

It would be a shame as I think he'd strengthen the squad, but we won't pay that.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Anyone know what his contract situation is like? I love the random prices people come up with for United links.

40m!

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Anyone know what his contract situation is like? I love the random prices people come up with for United links.

40m!
He signed a 3 year deal in 2019 with a 12 month extension if he played 20 games last season apparently, so it's 2023.

croadyman

Would like to bring him in but definitely not at the expense of the CB & CDM we desperately need

croadyman

We’re in for some disappointment because it looks like he’s our second target after Sancho.
The problem is the other two positions are so fluid because sounds like we want to send Axel out on loan before bringing in a CB (has to be starter not rotational) and clearly in the dark on Pogba's situation so CDM situation remains the same

DuruttiColumn

Obviously we need a RB for those home games against Newcastle or whoever where AWB offers very little, but this position has to be 4th priority this summer.
If the price goes over 20 mil we will walk away. His wages will be high too

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Obviously we need a RB for those home games against Newcastle or whoever where AWB offers very little, but this position has to be 4th priority this summer.
If the price goes over 20 mil we will walk away. His wages will be high too
If you want to get the very best out of Sancho, RB and a proper flanker is absolutely vital, so that has to factor into priorities just as much as what we need elsewhere.

----

With regards to Trippier, to anyone who has watched him intently: what's his combination and link-up play like? Does he fail in passing chains, or is he competent enough to do his bit in progressing the ball without mishap? What positions does he take up off the ball in terms of making himself available, or, working himself into good positions as an outlet?

I've never really paid attention to him as he's never struck me as good enough to catch the eye, so would he just be coming here to be OK, but nowhere near the likes of a Hakimi, or is there something to him that would make him more than functional and serviceable as an attacking full-back?

Tarrou

Why would Trippier sign for United to be a backup squad player.

Nothing about him screams cheap buy to add squad depth...he just won the league in Spain and Athletic don't seem to want to get rid of him.

Strange target indeed.
he'd be first choice if he came here, in my opinion

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Not for 30 million and certainly not for £40 million quid.

15 million euros - 20 tops.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Atletico demanding £43 million to sell Trippier this window. He's 30 and has a contract that expires in 2 years - He joined Atletico from Tottenham for £18.8m in 2019.

This valuation is an absolute joke.

Zlatattack

They want to keep him, we should let him.

Focus on Sancho and see how he works with AWB, we could also give Laird a shot next season in the first team squad. Then next summer look at alternatives if we think we need a RB.

Cloud7

Atletico demanding £43 million to sell Trippier this window. He's 30 and has a contract that expires in 2 years - He joined Atletico from Tottenham for £18.8m in 2019.

This valuation is an absolute joke.
No thanks. They can keep him.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Time to move on from this, another RB would be nice but it's by no means a priority. Get the CB sorted that's what I want us to do the most

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
That price is essentially confirmation they do not want to sell. I wonder is there a back up option.

Zed 101

Cannot see why unless Ole plans to move either Shaw or AWB to CB, Trippier is a great option but do we really need to spend 40m on a position which we have better covered than most

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Could have just brought back Ashley Young if you wanted a back up who provides something different from AWB.
Think is I am not sire it is a back up we are looking for.
I think Ole wants someone that can genuinely start games.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Cool, enjoy another year in Spain then!

We really are treated like a joke around Europe. It's basically this sketch https://www.google.com/search?q=but...sung-gs-rev1&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#

But instead of wedding its us.

Ed really set us up for success.
Atletico don't price out players if they want to sell and can find a replacement. I think this is genuinely a case of them wanting to keep the player at any cost rather than trying to squeeze money out of it.

prateik

Isn't there something about him taking up a non EU slot after brexit and la liga clubs can only register 3 in their squad ?

prateik

It kicks in January though
Regardless.. if the 3 slots are filled, they longer they wait to sell, the weaker their hand will be.. especially mid season when they have to go shopping for a replacement.. unless they think he is good enough to take that spot from someone else..

He is also turning 31 in sept.. about a month into the season..

If he isnt for sale.. that's fine.. but no one is paying the reported asking price for him..

Reading between the lines. Atletico see Brexit as an issue but value him highly, player and United would like to do a deal.
I’d imagine he’ll stay till next Summer, then leave for a modest fee, no chance United are going to pay any kind of hefty fee.

Scholsey2004

Max Aarons or Jayden Bogle. Theyd need a bit more patience but theres a decades worth there for less than Trippier would cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.