Kiko Macheda

Cevno

Can see him succeed in Germany. Diouf is doing well there.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Not surprised at all by this. Hopefully he goes on to have a decent career still. Will always remember him for those couple of goals

prateik

Plenty of time for him. Will never forget that moment.
Hope he does brilliantly.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
surely no-one can be surprised by this?

decent player who will have a decent career, nothing more,nothing less.
I am surprised it has taken this long. He has wasted a couple of years of his career.

Hope he does well and he has certainly left us with a great memory, but really he has never looked close to being at a level to break into the side.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
@Adz77 - Kiko Macheda's agent:“We are at an advanced point with Stuttgart, things are going well" Also says Siena & Bologna interested in#MUFC man

@Adz77 - More from Macheda's agent: “He’ll join a club on loan with the option to be signed outright as his contract expires in June 2014” #MUFC
Best of luck to him. At this point he needs regular games and with our options he's not going to get them at Utd.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Sad to see him go, back can't blame him, very unlucky lad, still hope he can go on one last crazy loan, re-inspire SAF and convert his position to one we are less stocked in :D, Ok, well enjoy Germany.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Seems to me as if that Villa goal came a bit too early for him. Pressure was instantly mounted over him since the goal, and I'd say he just couldn't handle it.

A United reserves legend so to speak - his finishing for us was sublime.

Good luck to him.

IrishLegend

Seems to me as if that Villa goal came a bit too early for him. Pressure was instantly mounted over him since the goal, and I'd say he just couldn't handle it.

Good luck to him.
I don't think it came too soon, more that we fecked up his loan moves.

Should have sent him to a championship club like Watford like we did with Clevz.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

Good luck to him.
I don't think it came too soon, I think it just raised expectation of him far beyond his ability.

He's a tough lad and a good finisher, that for me is where his ability ends. Positionally he is terrible, he doesn't have enough pace, he doesn't have the touch for good hold up play and he doesn't have any real awareness of others to bring others into play.

He'll make a career for himself somewhere but it certainly won't be at United's level.

Cevno

I don't think it came too soon, more that we fecked up his loan moves.

Should have sent him to a championship club like Watford like we did with Clevz.
He said himself that he had pushed for a move to Italy, when we didn't want to loan him there. Sampdoria wasn't it ? That move was a big setback and he never recovered.

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
There's no point in feeling sorry about lost players. There is no need to wait when you've got several other players standing in line. Macheda was not good enough and United need top players to play top football. The alternative is to become Liverpool/Arsenal/Aston Villa etc.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
There's no point in feeling sorry about lost players. There is no need to wait when you've got several other players standing in line. Macheda was not good enough and United need top players to play top football. The alternative is to become Liverpool/Arsenal/Aston Villa etc.
There is still a point? Not from a successive club POV in terms of finance perhaps but from us human beings, we are allowed to express empathy, it is a shame as I feel we could have done more for him with better loans but unfortunately it has come to this, just strange really considering the manner in which we got him was a bit naughty if I remember we snatched him young because he couldn't sign a contract in Italy because he was too young and was very highly rated at that stage...

Successful

There is still a point? Not from a successive club POV in terms of finance perhaps but from us human beings, we are allowed to express empathy, it is a shame as I feel we could have done more for him with better loans but unfortunately it has come to this, just strange really considering the manner in which we got him was a bit naughty if I remember we snatched him young because he couldn't sign a contract in Italy because he was too young and was very highly rated at that stage...
Hey, I also want to play for United, but no way is SAF going to put a 31 year old guy with 0 PL experience on the pitch. I suggest you feel sorry for me as well.

He is going to Stuttgart. It's hardly the end of the world. Do you have any idea how many kids get to quit football at a much earlier stage of their life because they suck?

Macheda is going to stay a United player because he played for us and he scored an important goal. Make no mistake, United fans will love him no matter what (almost). But some fans behave like as if the players career was more important than the club. The worst case I ever saw was this little italian Rossi that we had. The weeping was unreal, even long after he had gone. It's not social welfare we're into.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Hey, I also want to play for United, but no way is SAF going to put a 31 year old guy with 0 PL experience on the pitch. I suggest you feel sorry for me as well.

He is going to Stuttgart. It's hardly the end of the world. Do you have any idea how many kids get to quit football at a much earlier stage of their life because they suck?

Macheda is going to stay a United player because he played for us and he scored an important goal. Make no mistake, United fans will love him no matter what (almost). But some fans behave like as if the players career was more important than the club. The worst case I ever saw was this little italian Rossi that we had. The weeping was unreal, even long after he had gone. It's not social welfare we're into.
What a load of rubbish, when did i start making contributions to the Macheda fund? I'm just saying I do give a shit, it would have been nice, still I wish him the best, sentiment ended.

As far as Rossi goes, it was unfortunate that he left, and many were bothered by the fact that he had talent and they felt could have been successful here, why are you saying thats too much? Noone is actually weeping, I implore you to find one of these posts where as you say ' Some fans behave like as if the payers career was more important than the club' one post...

Successful

What a load of rubbish, when did i start making contributions to the Macheda fund? I'm just saying I do give a shit, it would have been nice, still I wish him the best, sentiment ended.

As far as Rossi goes, it was unfortunate that he left, and many were bothered by the fact that he had talent and they felt could have been successful here, why are you saying thats too much? Noone is actually weeping, I implore you to find one of these posts where as you say ' Some fans behave like as if the payers career was more important than the club' one post...
Ok, you are right. I was taking it too far calling you guys weepers. I admit I was wrong and apologize for it.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Ok, you are right. I was taking it too far calling you guys weepers. I admit I was wrong and apologize for it.
Wow, I like you fair play. I weren't trying to tyrade on, most here I have to really make my point or they get obtuse about insignificant points, but sorry for going a bit OTT, but my thoughts were there is always one prick who will say SAF is this n that and we should have kept... I would like to think they are the minority, I hope and assume most fans feel for him not making it cause they would have liked him to, still no love lost.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Talent-wise he was top notch but talent only takes you so far. In Kiko's case it took him to a level where he found reserve team footie easy at 17. When he scored that hat-trick against Newcastle, taking the piss out of an experienced pro like Cacapa in the process, it seemed obvious he could go all the way to the top if he wanted to. The goal against Villa a few days later only confirmed it. All this talk of a limited player with limited talent is revisionism. There were games where he didn't get the service he needed so he'd come deep and make it happen himself. He went on some great runs and played some epic through-balls. His touch was generally excellent. Sadly, though, he never kicked on. In my opinion, he didn't want it bad enough. Several of his academy team mates talked about his laziness in training and when he came back from his first unsuccessful loan spell he seemed a bit half arsed in games too. Then he fell out with Casiraghi for not giving a sufficient amount of fecks when representing Italy u21s. He's still only 21 so hopefully being given up by United will be the wake-up call he needs. But people who doubt this guy's God given talent either haven't been paying attention or have very short memories.

Sir A1ex

In cases like Rossi, and to a lesser extent Kiko, I don't think the "weeping" is sympathy for the player, and the hard times he has hit on bu having to get payed tens of thousands of pounds a week by somebody other than United.

It is disappointment that a player we all had high hopes for won't be fulfilling our expectations - the loss is ours, not the player's.

Of course it varies for different players... in Rossi's case there was a lot of feeling that we were making a mistake, whereas in Kiko's I think everybody is accepting of the situation, as the hopes had long since dropped.
And then you get ones like Morrison, where the expectations, and hence the sense of missed opportunity were huge, but nobody was complaining because he'd fecked it right up himself, and there was little doubt we were doing the right thing in getting rid.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Not good enough for United but a good goalscorer who will do well I think.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Will do well over there, just didn't get the luck he needed here. More than capable if he gets going in another club. Thanks for the goal kiko, good luck.

Ruud10

A Bit Wordy
I thought Macheda had (has) the ability. It was his head that let him down. Sure, he had some bad luck with the loan moves, but he should have been able to break through the frustration and put in the kinds of performances he showed us at 17. It wasn't just one lucky strike v Villa...he was torching his peers in the reserves, so there is (or at least was) a there there.

Vooon

Hal Institute for Criminally Insane Robots
Talent-wise he was top notch but talent only takes you so far. In Kiko's case it took him to a level where he found reserve team footie easy at 17. When he scored that hat-trick against Newcastle, taking the piss out of an experienced pro like Cacapa in the process, it seemed obvious he could go all the way to the top if he wanted to. The goal against Villa a few days later only confirmed it. All this talk of a limited player with limited talent is revisionism. There were games where he didn't get the service he needed so he'd come deep and make it happen himself. He went on some great runs and played some epic through-balls. His touch was generally excellent. Sadly, though, he never kicked on. In my opinion, he didn't want it bad enough. Several of his academy team mates talked about his laziness in training and when he came back from his first unsuccessful loan spell he seemed a bit half arsed in games too. Then he fell out with Casiraghi for not giving a sufficient amount of fecks when representing Italy u21s. He's still only 21 so hopefully being given up by United will be the wake-up call he needs. But people who doubt this guy's God given talent either haven't been paying attention or have very short memories.
I haven't seen enough of him to comment on his talent, but this is certainly an interesting summary or opinion on his career so far. I've always had the impression that he lacked the mental attributes to make it at United, well, at least since a couple of seasons ago.

Hopefully he'll have a successful career after us.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
I thought Macheda had (has) the ability.
Not sure. He is a good finisher but I've never been impressed with other aspects.

I think the Villa goal made people and perhaps Kiko himself think he was better than he was.

Successful

Wow, I like you fair play. I weren't trying to tyrade on, most here I have to really make my point or they get obtuse about insignificant points, but sorry for going a bit OTT, but my thoughts were there is always one prick who will say SAF is this n that and we should have kept... I would like to think they are the minority, I hope and assume most fans feel for him not making it cause they would have liked him to, still no love lost.
Fair play is the spirit of redcafe. It's not the first time I have picked up my coat and left a discussion. I was wrong, simple as that. Have a great weekend.:cool:

manutddjw

He's only 21 and I do think he can go on and have a good career, it just won't be with Manchester United.

With 2 failed loan moves and very little football aside from the reserve level, he's basically starting from scratch. He still has time to reach his early potential, but with players like Welbeck, Hernandez and Henriquez on the books, he has no future here.

I said it before, as much as that goal against Villa helped us, it also ruined Macheda. It turned him into an overnight sensation, and instead going on loan to somewhere like Peterborough which is where his level at the time was, he was brought in by clubs who he had no business playing for like Sampdoria or QPR because he clearly wasn't ready for that level yet.

Hopoe things go well for him, but I would suggest that if we sell him we put in a buy-back clause.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Would love to him to succeed here after all of this, somehow.

Looked a player with huge talent.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
He'll be sold in the Summer but I'd have thought Segunda Division is below his level. Then again he barely got a game at QPR and was poor at Sampdoria, such a shame that after a great start of his United career he's gone on a downward spiral.

Robbie Boy

Hopefully he will get a chance there and there won't be a managerial change.

Think his days are numbered here, mind.

Cevno

They are like 10 points clear on the top there. So will get promoted next season.

He probably wants first team football straight up rather than warming the bench at clubs like Stuttgart.

Joemo

whistling in the wind
Not even in their squad tonight. Why don't we just loan him to a team of his level for a change?

Castia

3 Loan moves that have been a complete waste of his career. They must have halted his development quite a bit I feel sorry for him. Obviously we will always be grateful for the Villa goal but it probably did him more harm than good, he 'broke onto the scene' to early.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Not even in their squad tonight. Why don't we just loan him to a team of his level for a change?
He played actually. Subbed in for Ibisevic late in the game. Ibisevic is suspended for the next game vs Lazio because of his yellow card today, so it's very likely he will start in 2 weeks.

Cevno

Think he must request these moves. Should just accept he is not ready for that level yet and play regularly first at a lower team.

Hopefully he gets playing time at Stuttgart though, as he seems the first sub usually.