Kim Min-Jae

Sgreddevil

Kim is a better no-nonsense defender, I would choose Kim over Timber(a different kind of cb).
I will be happy with either. They can be a good backup and understudy to Varane who tend to be prone to injury. Our current backup doesn't give me any confidence at all. If either of our starting centre backs is injured for long period, our season is likely to be gone.

poleglass red

If we can't get timber, we should go for him. 50mil is a very fair for his quality. Think about how much we paid for other defenders like awb, maguire, bailly.
Souness would have a heart attack, 2 sub 6 ft central defenders. Be too much for him, his head would explode........

PoTMS

What a performance from this guy last night. Rolls-Royce of a defender. Why didn't we sign him again? Was it that he chose Bayern or were we dithering again?

Skills

Snitch
What a performance from this guy last night. Rolls-Royce of a defender. Why didn't we sign him again? Was it that he chose Bayern or were we dithering again?
Money. Mount, Onana and the ST were the priority and the budget was already hugely depleted because of the amount we'd spent the summer before.

There's even less left to spend going forward now, because our last 2 summers have been partially funded by depleting our future spending capacity.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
I know Hojlund is young and learning but even still, him and Upemecano were peerless last night. World class defenders.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
I know Hojlund is young and learning but even still, him and Upemecano were peerless last night. World class defenders.
No mate, Upamecano is shit. At least I was told this in here by several posters.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
No mate, Upamecano is shit. At least I was told this in here by several posters.
Upamecano is great for four games and shit for the fifth. There’s no in between with him.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Last time Hojlund played Kim, he was hauled off at half time because Kim dominated him into oblivion. Not surprised Kim got the better of him again.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
Upamecano is great for four games and shit for the fifth. There’s no in between with him.
This seems like an easy fix, just rest him for the fifth game

astracrazy

Money. Mount, Onana and the ST were the priority and the budget was already hugely depleted because of the amount we'd spent the summer before.

There's even less left to spend going forward now, because our last 2 summers have been partially funded by depleting our future spending capacity.
Which isn't true, as you know from the Budget thread you posted in.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
This seems like an easy fix, just rest him for the fifth game
You think you're beating the system, until you realise the clock runs on his games and not on team games. He comes back for his 5th game after a nice rest and drops a 0/10 disasterclass :wenger:

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Unfortunately very true. And I suspect a lot of United posters have only really seen him against City last season and then the highlights from the 1-5 against Frankfurt. If he could stop his brainfarts he‘d be absolute class

HydrogenFluoride

He looked so good last night, covers the ground so quickly too. Looks a top player.
I remember some posters who never watched a single Napoli game on here in the Kim thread last summer saying how he looks like an Asian Maguire and is a definite pass as a transfer target :lol: dude is explosive in the sprint

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
Unfortunately very true. And I suspect a lot of United posters have only really seen him against City last season and then the highlights from the 1-5 against Frankfurt. If he could stop his brainfarts he‘d be absolute class
He's our best defender, no doubt. It's not like Kim hasn't seen his fair share of howlers, either. One of them has kicked us out of the cup. Generally, Kim seems to have issues when put under pressure. Not too impressed by him so far

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
He's our best defender, no doubt. It's not like Kim hasn't seen his fair share of howlers, either. One of them has kicked us out of the cup. Generally, Kim seems to have issues when put under pressure. Not too impressed by him so far
While I agree, Kim is growing on me. He has a suicidal pass every now and then or takes a bad angle, but that seems more fixable than Upa‘s issues. I do enjoy though that these two an de Ligt bully forwards. That was missing a bit.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
Upamecano is still shit at least was still shit last weekend. That Upamecano looked good yesterday speaks volume about how bad Man utd were

Rnd898

Supports
Chelsea
Surely you can realise he has the odd disasterclass in him? Like monumentally bad games, that shouldn't be the case for a top level player.
Yeah, it's the lack of consistency that prevents me from rating Upamecano among the best. He can have a monster of a performance one day and look like a headless chicken the next game. For a position as important as central defender I'd rather have a player who comes up with consistent 8/10 performances than one who has a few 9/10 games and then out of nowhere drops a 0/10 howler of a performance which ends up costing the game every time.

Though I have to say I don't watch Bayern / France for more than a handful of games a year so it's possible I've just happened to pick a disproportionate amount of his bad games among my sample size and the good does in fact outweigh the bad.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Okay then I rescind the comment about Upamecano. Kim however is world class.

hobbers

Looks perfectly adept playing left centreback as well.

Just like Varane.

Funny that

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Top of my want list for a while. Love a big centre half who can play the ball neatly but also bully players, and not give many FKs away.

I read at the time that he/his agent were unsure about the minutes he’d get (we do have about 37 centre halves… though 36 are injured). There might be some truth in that (I’d imagine Bayern said you’re a shoe in for us) but also he knew he’d win stuff with them, and their club is settled/well run.

Whereas we’re a mess.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Surely you can realise he has the odd disasterclass in him? Like monumentally bad games, that shouldn't be the case for a top level player.
Of course I do. Scroll up a handful of posts and you see me stating that.

mancsarered

Huge miss. At least we spent that money on Mount who has been top class for us.

aeh1991

Top of my want list for a while. Love a big centre half who can play the ball neatly but also bully players, and not give many FKs away.

I read at the time that he/his agent were unsure about the minutes he’d get (we do have about 37 centre halves… though 36 are injured). There might be some truth in that (I’d imagine Bayern said you’re a shoe in for us) but also he knew he’d win stuff with them, and their club is settled/well run.

Whereas we’re a mess.
In hindsight, he would have started every game since he is not that injuryprone. We'd probably be more stable with him. Huge miss.