Kim Min-jae | signed for Bayern

Status
Not open for further replies.

daba

Kim doesn’t really wow me on YouTube but I still want him due to his relatively low buy out clause.

If he is as good as people say after watching him then a good deal is a good deal.
Lindelof has been good these past few weeks, but I still think he’s a level below what we need if we are to win titles again. His stock is probably back at around £30-40m and given how good a deal £43m would be for Kim, I think if we can do that and move Lindelof on for even £30m, we’d be upgrading a position for very little net expenditure.

Sell Maguire as well and get Timber as an inverted RB and CB cover and we’re starting to look the business again.

gajender

Not buying the links at all and not been impressed by Him either .

Has he been Linked to United by any of English journalists .

SirScholes

Lindelof has been good these past few weeks, but I still think he’s a level below what we need if we are to win titles again. His stock is probably back at around £30-40m and given how good a deal £43m would be for Kim, I think if we can do that and move Lindelof on for even £30m, we’d be upgrading a position for very little net expenditure.

Sell Maguire as well and get Timber as an inverted RB and CB cover and we’re starting to look the business again.
I’ve not seen him, so is he better than lindeloff ? Because varane and martinez are 1st choice

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Not buying the links at all and not been impressed by Him either .

Has he been Linked to United by any of English journalists .
Im glad I’m not the only one.

I’m not saying he won’t do well - just I always saw it with Martinez in things like his passing.

gajender

It looks as he is. From what i saw. Far from watching him regulary though
Going by highlights videos his similarities with Maguire are uncanny you could find Similar Highlights of Maguire from his Leicester days or Even from his First season with United .

Though I don't buy our links with him anyway.

daba

I’ve not seen him, so is he better than lindeloff ? Because varane and martinez are 1st choice
Time will tell, but this season he’s up there as one of the best performing CBs in Europe, and played a pivotal role in Napoli’s league dominance this year.

If Kim was going to be costing his market value of let’s say £70-80m then I would not be as keen, but given we could (in my opinion) improve on a crucial role in the squad whilst almost breaking even, then it could be too good an opportunity to miss.

That being said, if budgets are tight then holding on to Lindelöf for another year really isn’t the end of the world, but we do need to improve there to genuinely challenge City I think given how many games Varane misses.

CB options of Varane, Martinez, Kim, Timber and Shaw would gives us really good balance and depth to seriously take on City over the course of a season.

SirScholes

Time will tell, but this season he’s up there as one of the best performing CBs in Europe, and played a pivotal role in Napoli’s league dominance this year.

If Kim was going to be costing his market value of let’s say £70-80m then I would not be as keen, but given we could (in my opinion) improve on a crucial role in the squad whilst almost breaking even, then it could be too good an opportunity to miss.

That being said, if budgets are tight then holding on to Lindelöf for another year really isn’t the end of the world, but we do need to improve there to genuinely challenge City I think given how many games Varane misses.

CB options of Varane, Martinez, Kim, Timber and Shaw would gives us really good balance and depth to seriously take on City over the course of a season.
Appreciate that
Suppose varane’s injury record will garentee some game time
And Erik seems to like a cup run so there is plenty fixtures

aeh1991

Comparing him to Maguire is like saying Kane plays like Weghorst.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
It looks as he is. From what i saw. Far from watching him regulary though
Hes not even close to being slow. Maybe people can say hes not a good defender (opinion) but saying hes slow is wild

nainaisson

I don't understand why he'd want to join United and compete with Varane for a place every week. Newcastle seems a more likely destination.

Mike Smalling

I don't understand why he'd want to join United and compete with Varane for a place every week. Newcastle seems a more likely destination.
Varane is 30 and injury prone. Martinez is also returning from injury. There will be plenty of games.

IRN-BRUno

His post said: “There is someone who is posing as my agent. [They are] Meeting clubs and young players in disguise. This is not my agent. Be careful and find out about my agent.”

The post went onto mention Orangeball as his representatives. There has been speculation that the links with United could be the work of intermediaries who might not be Kim’s actual agents

gusmov

Quick question, guys. Does Napoli play a high line? How does Kim Min Jae fare in one on one duels?
Napoli plays high.
Kim is "extremely" strong in 1v1 duels. Arguably strongest in the world.
I can't imagine him getting dribbled past by someone.

Irwin99

EtH loves Varane, that's been very clear all season and especially from the moment he arguably put in his best performance in a United shirt in that home game against Liverpool (EtH's first win). But also you have to say we've been super careful in managing his workload, he does get injured a lot and playing two games in one week is risky for him. I expect we're looking at a top quality CB to rotate with him and give him a breather.

Rolaholic

Why did Ruben Dias or Nathan Ake decide to join City when they already had Laporte and Stones?

Because they knew that you'll get plenty of match time at big clubs competing on all fronts through rotation and inevitable injuries. That's how it is at top clubs and the competition for places is part of what keeps everyone on top of their game

mu4c_20le

I ihad a feeling it was too easy. The football gods would never allow this.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
What the feck is this?? Do clubs not check his info before blindly meeting up with randoms?!
There's a reason that none of the reliable outlets & journalists have reported anything beyond just mere interest in the defender. If United were indeed working on this deal, then we'd have learned something from one of the United journalists (even someone like Jamie Jackson or Mark Odgen).

Irwin99

I worry we might miss out on this one with our budget focused on other positions (understandably)

Status
Not open for further replies.