Kim Min-jae | signed for Bayern

Status
Not open for further replies.

bosskeano

we move Maguire quickly and we get this guy however we have the entire month of june as his buyout clause won't kick in until July 1

Motorman

If we get this guy in, is there a possibility that Martinez would move into midfield alongside Casemiro?

kode

do you realize football is 11+ subs , you dont have to only have 11 players

Jericholyte2

If we get this guy in, is there a possibility that Martinez would move into midfield alongside Casemiro?
No, but we’d be able to rest Varane as needed and have three quality CBs competing for the two starting places.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Whats worse is the KMJ links started from Stephen Howson taking the piss and Fabrizio Romano thought it was real :houllier:
Stop talking rubbish. His actual agent has publicly said we’ve been tracking him before he came to Europe

Dazzmondo

Nah ETH has said in the past he doesn't like Martinez in midfield. Kim's coming in to replace Varane if we sign him

aeh1991

Nah ETH has said in the past he doesn't like Martinez in midfield. Kim's coming in to replace Varane if we sign him
he's not gonna replace anyone but challenge them to have a competition between 3 top class CBs

Dazzmondo

he's not gonna replace anyone but challenge them to have a competition between 3 top class CBs
The extra competition will be good but the transfer will move Varane firmly down to 3rd choice imo.

Chief123

There’s one thing you can guarantee is Martinez will start and remain as our CB. He’s been one of the best CBs in the league. We aren’t going to move him from there.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
The extra competition will be good but the transfer will move Varane firmly down to 3rd choice imo.
I doubt it right from the start. Kim would probably be eased in like what Casemiro was, with the idea that he will become first choice but not immediately. The difference of course is that Kim's competition would be much much much better than what Casemiro's was, so it might take longer and there's a possibility he never actually gets there. Varane-Martinez will probably start the bigger games at the beginning of the season, but Kim would still get one game a week and if his performances warrant it (which ETH will surely be hoping they do) he will take over as the one playing the bigger games with Varane dropping to the less important game of the week with Kim and Martinez taking turns getting rested.

That's how I see it working anyway.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
I doubt it right from the start. Kim would probably be eased in like what Casemiro was, with the idea that he will become first choice but not immediately. The difference of course is that Kim's competition would be much much much better than what Casemiro's was, so it might take longer and there's a possibility he never actually gets there. Varane-Martinez will probably start the bigger games at the beginning of the season, but Kim would still get one game a week and if his performances warrant it (which ETH will surely be hoping they do) he will take over as the one playing the bigger games with Varane dropping to the less important game of the week with Kim and Martinez taking turns getting rested.

Isn’t Martinez still injured? If yes, KMJ is definitely starting.

Bondi77

Any top team has a settled CB combination and while a good reliable backup is required it should not be a case of alternating every game.
The reason why we were playing two games nearly every week was because of the World Cup so apart from Chmps league games it will not be often that we play two games a week next season anyway.

cyberman

Isn’t the clause 45m? If they’re negotiating personal terms then isn’t that sign enough? It’s not as if they have to approach the club

gajender

Muppets assemble.
Hard to believe let's wait for somebody credible to report and even then it's highly underwhelming signing it's Maguire redux all over again if it happens .

Rolaholic

Hard to believe let's wait for somebody credible to report and even then it's highly underwhelming signing it's Maguire redux all over again if it happens .
Simply sounds like you've never watched the lad

Silas

Is he fast, aerially strong and good on the ball? Can’t say I’ve ever watched him.

ThanksBoss26

Have to be honest I've just had this down as media speculation all along given the other priorities in the team and if we do go after a centre back when Maguire goes, I assume it'll be Timber.

But guess we'll see - can't say I've seen enough of him.

Nickosaur

You've made it clear with your comments throughout this thread that you haven't seen him play.

laughtersassassin

I know nothing about this guy only thing I will say is we got bigger problems than CB so hope we have a big transfer kitty.

Goalkeeper and two strikers are our biggest priority imo. 1 striker if they are bringing Greenwood back but I don't think that's wise so should probably sell him and get two strikers

gajender

Simply sounds like you've never watched the lad
You've made it clear with your comments throughout this thread that you haven't seen him play.
I have only watched his highlights and truth to be told they are quite similar to Maguire's in his Leicester days or even early United's career .

I could be way off the mark may be you can tell me what his strengths and weaknesses are and how he would work in United's back four and why we should be going for him .

aeh1991

I have only watched his highlights and truth to be told they are quite similar to Maguire's in his Leicester days or even early United's career .

I could be way off the mark may be you can tell me what his strengths and weaknesses are and how he would work in United's back four and why we should be going for him .
Aside from many many other aspects, he does not panic when he gets the ball, like Maguire.

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen

Well unlike Maguire, Kim has very good speed and is great with the ball in his feet. They aren't similar in any way.

gajender

Aside from many many other aspects, he does not panic when he gets the ball, like Maguire.
Maguire wasn't always like this either , if you can expand on other qualities of Min-Jae that would great .

Ish

Lights on for Luke

He seemed quite rapid, when I’ve watched him (admittedly not a lot of times either), but that for a start makes him not much like Maguire?

Status
Not open for further replies.