Kim Min-jae | signed for Bayern

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddevilz007

Ndicka on the free and Kim-jae for his release clause would be wise business.

Get rid of Lindelof, Maguire, Bailly, Jones and Tuanzebe

aeh1991

Weakness: None
I want to see him with United and beat Haaland and Nunez (we will see that anyway given Napoli's form in UCL)
I would say his "weaknesses" (if there are any) are inexperience (although it didn't hinder him to adapt to Serie A right away), build up (it's not bad, but it's not his strength either, kinda like Varane), language/communication and explosivity (sometimes he makes forward runs, loses the ball and is missed at the back). Otherwise he is an absolute beast and also very kindhearted, lovable guy.

Unitedlad_142

If you havent seen Tammy Abraham flying in the air away from Kim and going over the LED board after he challenged Kim. Go and watch that clip. Napoli fans say theyve forgotten about Koulibaly already.

v Liverpool: www.youtube.com/watch?v=UX8Xh-eiNfk
v T. Abraham: www.youtube.com/watch?v=AD4BwsMh7Ds
v Zaniolo: www.youtube.com/shorts/Lm2pTos2EFk
Liverpool fans reaction: www.youtube.com/shorts/o1TjUewKmq4

Kim Min Jae v Son Heung Min (Pace comparison): www.youtube.com/shorts/ml59UvlDI5s
Sprints and recovery runs: www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvYU7apLD6w

Don't let Scousers put their hands on him

We have time to observe him closely.

Tonight we have Napoli v Rangers.

In the WC 2022: South Korea plays against Portugal and Uruguay in their group stage; meaning Kim has to prove again v C.Ronaldo, B.Fernandes, Dalot (of our very own) and Nunes (who he has already pocketed)
In the UCL: Kim has to play another fixture against Liverpool FC, eventually against Oil City(Halaand) and other clubs.

We need to sign him after the WC ends.

Last edited:

Unitedlad_142

Can’t see is going for a centre back but if we do it would probably be Timber.
both Timber and Bassey were poor against Napoli resulting in 6-1 in the UCL

Kim in direct comparison to Timber and Bassey is a bigger deal.

Aside Kim, we should buy Kvara and Oshimen from Napoli also and sell Martial

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
If you havent seen Tammy Abraham flying in the air away from Kim and going over the LED board after he challenged Kim. Go and watch that clip. Napoli fans say theyve forgotten about Koulibaly already.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=AD4BwsMh7Ds

He is a real beast
Headbutts him in the back of the head, a clear foul and red card.

Wouldn't get away with antics like that at United

Irrational.

Evan Ndicka

Basically we need our own Konate: young, athetic, technicaly CB that can deputize under Varane and eventually replace in a few years. I think Ndicka is the guy, but purchasing anyone similar would be a masterstroke as opposed to chasing a more veteran CB.

If we end up having a Minj N’ Dick combination in central defence then we’ve won football.

Erik the Red

both Timber and Bassey were poor against Napoli resulting in 6-1 in the UCL

Kim in direct comparison to Timber and Bassey is a bigger deal.

Aside Kim, we should buy Kvara and Oshimen from Napoli also and sell Martial
Kim is 25 and Timber is only 21, so Timber still has time to learn. Timber himself felt he wasn't ready for United and that is why he stayed at Ajax and we signed Martinez (24) instead. Those three and Ndicka (23) puts us in very good shape for the next 5+ years as Varane's (29) career winds down.

I agree with letting go of Maguire, Lindelof, Tuanzebe, Jones and Bailly, and three replacements doesn't sound excessive, especially when Timber can cover Dalot and Frimpong (?) at right back as well. Hopefully we can get enough funds from the leavers, and AWB, to cover most of the purchase price.

daba

Kim is 25 and Timber is only 21, so Timber still has time to learn. Timber himself felt he wasn't ready for United and that is why he stayed at Ajax and we signed Martinez (24) instead. Those three and Ndicka (23) puts us in very good shape for the next 5+ years as Varane's (29) career winds down.

I agree with letting go of Maguire, Lindelof, Tuanzebe, Jones and Bailly, and three replacements doesn't sound excessive, especially when Timber can cover Dalot and Frimpong (?) at right back as well. Hopefully we can get enough funds from the leavers, and AWB, to cover most of the purchase price.
I was someone who really wanted Timber in the summer but in the lovely world of hindsight I think we've made a much better decision signing Martinez.

We needed someone to come in and really nail down the spot (largely to kick Maguire out of the side for good) and although I think Timber has amazing potential, I doubt he would have been able to take to the league so quickly and perform to the level Martinez has.

When you think about it as well, how many successful top sides have a 21 year old in the CB pairing?

Between 23 and 25 years old seems like an ideal time to make first team signings at CB, where the player has the right balance of experience and potential. Martinez fits that bill, as would both Ndicka and Kim...

Perhaps more realistically we sign Ndicka this summer and plan for Kim in 2024 after another year in Naples, then who knows, maybe we pick Timber up when he's 24/25 after a middle move elsewhere for him to gain enough experience.

Unitedlad_142

Another cleansheet and unbeaten record against Rangers. Kim put Rangers attackers into sleep. Better than Saliba

Unitedlad_142

I was someone who really wanted Timber in the summer but in the lovely world of hindsight I think we've made a much better decision signing Martinez.

We needed someone to come in and really nail down the spot (largely to kick Maguire out of the side for good) and although I think Timber has amazing potential, I doubt he would have been able to take to the league so quickly and perform to the level Martinez has.
When you think about it as well, how many successful top sides have a 21 year old in the CB pairing?

Between 23 and 25 years old seems like an ideal time to make first team signings at CB, where the player has the right balance of experience and potential. Martinez fits that bill, as would both Ndicka and Kim...

Perhaps more realistically we sign Ndicka this summer and plan for Kim in 2024 after another year in Naples, then who knows, maybe we pick Timber up when he's 24/25 after a middle move elsewhere for him to gain enough experience.
would love back three under ETH

Kim - Martinez - Ndicka

Then we sign Kvara from Napoli too to replace Martial and Eriksen

croadyman

Yeah certainly would especially as the majority of our budget needs to be on ST, GK & RB. Also need to look at this sort of signing for some CM cover too so Eriksen doesn't burn out.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Did a poor job at defending the header from Nunez just now that lead to Liverpools goal.

aeh1991

Wasn't his best game today, but he's started almost every game and has rarely been this "bad". Other than his mistake he was still pretty solid.

MUFC OK

would love back three under ETH

Kim - Martinez - Ndicka

Then we sign Kvara from Napoli too to replace Martial and Eriksen
I'm sorry but this sounds like an awful idea. N'Dicka would be a great signing though.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
Was he the one chasing down Salah at one point in the second half? Looks absolutely rapid.
In liverpool's own half? Yeah it was him I remember that

tenpoless

The easiest way to judge a player is see if they've gone to a war before. If they have, they are hard and have the mentality.

LuckyScout78

Its a beast of a CB. He is really hard to beat one against one. You could see he was behind Salah. But Kim caught Salah again. Yes, Kim doesn't has the cool calmness. But Kim is super aggresive and with Kim in the team. That team will be really hard and difficult to beat and score against.

With Kim and Kvicha. Those 2 are the biggest reasons why Napoli is where they are now. Top of Serie A and their group in champion league.

United shall sell Bailly and ship Phil Jones out for Kim next summer. I have heard Ten Hag mentioned to make United a team hard to beat. With Kim Ten Hag will make United a lot harder to beat and score against.
Kim is no way a Maguire. Kim acceleration, explosiveness and top speed is a lot quicker than Maguire. Speed in the first metres. Maguire is no way near Kim.

At this current level of Kim. I rate him one of the best CB in football right now. Kim keeps it simple, but i have been observed that he has taken some run with the ball forward here and there. Until he knew he has to pass the ball.

If Ten Hag and United is looking for a new and top class CB. To strength theirs defend and make United a hard team to beat. Kim is my best recommendation.

Kim and Martinez. Two super aggresive with top fighting spirit and winning mentality will be 2 big reasons to lead United to the top of premier league and in Europe again. A winning dominate team start with a a rock solid and tight defend.

Martinez, Kim, Lindelof and Varane would be 4 good CB options.

RB - Kim - Martinez - Malacia/Shaw

reddevilz007

Its a beast of a CB. He is really hard to beat one against one. You could see he was behind Salah. But Kim caught Salah again. Yes, Kim doesn't has the cool calmness. But Kim is super aggresive and with Kim in the team. That team will be really hard and difficult to beat and score against.

With Kim and Kvicha. Those 2 are the biggest reasons why Napoli is where they are now. Top of Serie A and their group in champion league.

United shall sell Bailly and ship Phil Jones out for Kim next summer. I have heard Ten Hag mentioned to make United a team hard to beat. With Kim Ten Hag will make United a lot harder to beat and score against.
Kim is no way a Maguire. Kim acceleration, explosiveness and top speed is a lot quicker than Maguire. Speed in the first metres. Maguire is no way near Kim.

At this current level of Kim. I rate him one of the best CB in football right now. Kim keeps it simple, but i have been observed that he has taken some run with the ball forward here and there. Until he knew he has to pass the ball.

If Ten Hag and United is looking for a new and top class CB. To strength theirs defend and make United a hard team to beat. Kim is my best recommendation.

Kim and Martinez. Two super aggresive with top fighting spirit and winning mentality will be 2 big reasons to lead United to the top of premier league and in Europe again. A winning dominate team start with a a rock solid and tight defend.

I’d rather have Martinez, Kim, Varane and Ndicka for free, and let Lindelof go.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral

Kim and Matinez play the same position

aeh1991

Kim and Matinez play the same position
Actually Kim is a natural RCB. He played that for the Korean NT and in his last two clubs before he got forced to play LCB at Fenerbahce and Napoli due to his versatility (while his partner Rahmani is less versatile and has been the RCB before him). He is right-footed and can play both positions equally well. Last game vs. Atalanta he played as a RCB because Juan Jesus played alongside him.

Status
Not open for further replies.