Kim Min-jae | signed for Bayern

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rauður Djöfull

Sign him and Antonio Silva
Get rid of Maguire / Jones / Lindelof/ Tuanzebe / Mengi

FM kind of wish though

jesperjaap

He looks like the player we would like Maguire to be. Really does look solid, but I think the fee will be insane and there are other cheaper options for us

Stadjer

He looks like the player we would like Maguire to be. Really does look solid, but I think the fee will be insane and there are other cheaper options for us
I believe that ive read somewhere that he has a 40m release clause for non Italian clubs next summer? Only for a few weeks though...

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Sign him and get rid of Lindelof. Winner.

Rampant Red Rodriguez

Scared of women, so hates them.
This Korean Jaap Stam will have to be playing every game if he were to come over to us. And I don't see the manager benching his warrior in Martinez or the classy Varane who made us look a million times better when fit. I doubt Varane will not be a starter inspite of his injury record.

It was a CM thing because Eriksen got exposed as being non defensive and VDB was exposed today as not pressing from the front.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
We always sign a CB every summer it seems. This guy would be ideal for us.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
This Korean Jaap Stam will have to be playing every game if he were to come over to us. And I don't see the manager benching his warrior in Martinez or the classy Varane who made us look a million times better when fit. I doubt Varane will not be a starter inspite of his injury record.

It was a CM thing because Eriksen got exposed as being non defensive and VDB was exposed today as not pressing from the front.
Glad to see it’s caught on already

LuckyScout78

Yeah Maguire is lacking Kim's aggresiveness and top acceleration/top speed in the first metres. Maguire takes some seconds to get up to top speed.

Made in Asia use to be really quick in the first metres. Plus Kim has background from Tae Kwon Do or Martial arts. So i think he got his explosive and aggresiveness from that.

I m not putting Kim up there with the top level of CB in football history in ex Brazil and Inter Lucio player. But as a top CB. Their main job is protect the goal. Make it really hard to opponent to score. If he can have few assist here and there it's just a bonus. Nothing something demand from CB.

Again. Kim keep it simple. Simple pass from A to B. But i have seen he had make run forward, when he see it open space in front of him.

Last time United had a really good cm and team player in Ji Sung Park from Korea. Has it no been close to over 20 years last time. I am sure Kim will have the same impact as Park. But just as a CB and defender.

Haaland with City is a beast of CF. And Haaland is so powerful , raw and aggresive. Martinez is aggresive. But you need at least the physical level of Kim to stop and make it really difficult to Haaland. Lindelof and Varane is too weak against Haaland. And Maguire is too slow.

Kim is complete as you can get.

And in the end. I think Kim is good enough for a starter of a premier league winning team. So if United sign him next summer. I think it is a step closer to the premier league title. United and Ten Hag simply need to sign players that a close to world class level as possible.
City sign a world class CF in Haaland. A new Kevin De Bruyne, CB or whoever.
So if not the top. I think Kim is really close to the top level.

Back in time. I did recommended Milan Skriniar. The CB of Inter Milano. Another warrior and beast of a CB. But because of better and quicker acceleration and younger than Skriniar. Right now, i would pick Kim over Skriniar.

I just recognized after this summer like most of peoples. So credit to Fenerbache and Napoli to scouted and signed him. So well done.

Erik the Red

Yeah Maguire is lacking Kim's aggresiveness and top acceleration/top speed in the first metres. Maguire takes some seconds to get up to top speed.

Made in Asia use to be really quick in the first metres. Plus Kim has background from Tae Kwon Do or Martial arts. So i think he got his explosive and aggresiveness from that.

I m not putting Kim up there with the top level of CB in football history in ex Brazil and Inter Lucio player. But as a top CB. Their main job is protect the goal. Make it really hard to opponent to score. If he can have few assist here and there it's just a bonus. Nothing something demand from CB.

Again. Kim keep it simple. Simple pass from A to B. But i have seen he had make run forward, when he see it open space in front of him.

Last time United had a really good cm and team player in Ji Sung Park from Korea. Has it no been close to over 20 years last time. I am sure Kim will have the same impact as Park. But just as a CB and defender.

Haaland with City is a beast of CF. And Haaland is so powerful , raw and aggresive. Martinez is aggresive. But you need at least the physical level of Kim to stop and make it really difficult to Haaland. Lindelof and Varane is too weak against Haaland. And Maguire is too slow.

And in the end. I think Kim is good enough for a starter of a premier league winning team. So if United sign him next summer. I think it is a step closer to the premier league title. United and Ten Hag simply need to sign players that a close to world class level as possible.

Back in time. I did recommended Milan Skriniar. The CB of Inter Milano. Another warrior and beast of a CB. But because of better and quicker acceleration and younger than Skriniar. Right now, i would pick Kim over Skriniar.

I just recognized after this summer like most of peoples. So credit to Fenerbache and Napoli to scouted and signed him. So well done.
How is his ability to play out from the back? ETH wants to play football that way, so it is important that all his defenders are comfortable on the ball as well as being good defenders. Furthermore, because of playing a high line they need to be good positional, and have good acceleration. Martinez, Varane and Timber all have these qualities, Maguire, Lindelof and Jones, not so much. How does Min-Jae compare to these players, and also vs Skriniar and Ndicka?

LuckyScout78

Kim play the ball simple. Let us see how high percentage:

Kim Min-Jae Football Statistics | WhoScored.com

Around 85 -90 due to Whoscored.

Like i said. Kim do make run with the ball forward if he is seing it is free space in front of him. Or sometime when he is under pressure too. He knows he is quick and strong. His condfidence rise with it. But most of the time he keep it simple. Not only side way passes. But forward passes too.

VanHaal'sRedArmy

Could work in EtH's 3-3-1-3. Foundation of Case-Kim-Varane-Licha would be a formidable match for any of the best attacking opponents.

Rampant Red Rodriguez

Scared of women, so hates them.
Would we be happy to sell Maguire and Lindelof to bring this guy in and clear his path for the first team?.

General_Elegancia

Chillin' with the Dugongs
Supports
Liverpool, AC Milan

Yeah, I would say Kim has a background in martial arts in Korea. What I am excited about him is his acceleration and speed from 190cm body, he's quick as hell with both top speed and acceleration in 30 meters to 45 meters( that means I include short-distance speed too). His body strength isn't questioned by anyone, since he's a hell of a tank.

ATM, Kim performs better than Skriniar but Skrinar has some problems with his renewal contract with Inter. So, he hasn't fully concentrated on the pitch for a while and that affects his performance on the pitch. PSG and some big clubs want him and mind him.

scottser

"clumsy", "nothing special", "not that impressed" are the same things Napoli fans have said before he shut them down from the first game on and now they think he's better than KK. He's a real physical presence on the field and it's definitely worth watching him closely. A CB can't be judged by a compilation video anyway.
Timber is talented but Kim would be the much better partner for Martinez. Actually he'd be the perfect third CB who slowly could replace Varane as a Timber-Licha partnership won't work in the PL. I agree, there's other priorities, but I wouldn't let go of a bargain opportunity. Maybe we can finance it by selling Lindelof and Maguire (although we're terrible at selling).
'now they think he's better than KK.'
Kevin Kilbane?

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
had a tough end to the game today. Made a mistake for a goal but in general was sluggish. Overplayed I assume. But, still a quality half season so far.

He apologised after the game so he’ll fit right in here

LuckyScout78

Yeah, I would say Kim has a background in martial arts in Korea. What I am excited about him is his acceleration and speed from 190cm body, he's quick as hell with both top speed and acceleration in 30 meters to 45 meters( that means I include short-distance speed too). His body strength isn't questioned by anyone, since he's a hell of a tank.

ATM, Kim performs better than Skriniar but Skrinar has some problems with his renewal contract with Inter. So, he hasn't fully concentrated on the pitch for a while and that affects his performance on the pitch. PSG and some big clubs want him and mind him.
Yeah Kim like most peoples I just discovered him after this summer. Skriniar many years back. But still, it's not easy to pass Skriniar too. He will set in a tackle or close your run path, if you are close to pass him. Then he will he use his physical strength.

It is like i thought i have discovered maybe a top CB. Before another and slighty better CB just appear, from now where. " It is like i thought he was best before and prefer this A CB, before i get to know mr.B

It use to happen. Just before you think you have discover the best one. A few times later. You might change your mind.

Both Skriniar and Kim are warriors and beast of CB. But for the explosiveness of most marital arts peoples have. The one one one skill and ability. I might prefer Kim over Skriniar.

But against. It's another upcoming CB i am keeping close eyes on. He appear into my world same time as Kim. That is Leicester City Wout Faes. The upcoming Belgium CB.

For me personally. Those 2 are the new upcoming CBs that are holding a really high CB level. I think is really close to top level of CB.

So no doubt. Kim Min Jae and Woet Faes. Mr. Jae and Faes it's rhymes. So isn't it a coincidence that they appear in the highest level of football at the same time?

JSParkgreat

I was sold on Kim after watching Napoli’s first win against the Scousers in the EPL. Have watched him on the international level for years but wasn’t sure if he was Premier League quality until watching him put Diaz and Salah in his pocket. Kim has now proven he’s a beast that can excel at the top level.

He’d be behind Martinez and Varane but Kim can play both sides of a back two and given Varane’s recent history of injuries, Kim would be a great signing that’s needed.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I was sold on Kim after watching Napoli’s first win against the Scousers in the EPL. Have watched him on the international level for years but wasn’t sure if he was Premier League quality until watching him put Diaz and Salah in his pocket. Kim has now proven he’s a beast that can excel at the top level.

He’d be behind Martinez and Varane but Kim can play both sides of a back two and given Varane’s recent history of injuries, Kim would be a great signing that’s needed.
I'm not so sure he would be behind Varane myself. Would be great having strong competition in the position either way. Much as I think Lindelof is a decent backup CB he's nowhere near good enough to challenge Varane's place in the team.

SAF is the GOAT

Unfortunately he's going to renew his contract at Napoli just for them to put a 120m price tag on him

aeh1991

Had another really good game vs. Uruguay at the world cup. There was one scene where he didn't look well, because he slipped and that almost cost a goal, but he had to cover the defense alone because of the FBs who went forward a lot. He made it up with a lot of good positioning and made Suarez, Cavani and Nunez mostly ineffective. Played one beautiful long ball to the LB. Looking forward to see him against Portugal.

Golden Nugget

Had another really good game vs. Uruguay at the world cup. There was one scene where he didn't look well, because he slipped and that almost cost a goal, but he had to cover the defense alone because of the FBs who went forward a lot. He made it up with a lot of good positioning and made Suarez, Cavani and Nunez mostly ineffective. Played one beautiful long ball to the LB. Looking forward to see him against Portugal.
Agreed. There were a few moments where he completely outmuscled Nunez too. Overall a great performance outside of that slip - but want to see how he does against Portugal before making a judgement on him

poleglass red

I'm not so sure he would be behind Varane myself. Would be great having strong competition in the position either way. Much as I think Lindelof is a decent backup CB he's nowhere near good enough to challenge Varane's place in the team.
exactly, as good as Varane is, he can't be relied on due to injuries. Whoever comes in, has to be genuinely competing to start over him even when fit. Haven't seen enough of this chap yet to make a judgement, but we don't need another squad player at centre half.

Sgreddevil

I think we should propose a direct swap between him and maguire. Napoli would be happy to get a 80 million rated England international CB for almost nothing.

RedDevilRoshi

Love how the 100m price is often thrown about these days when we are linked to a player. It's like the default number this pundits use.
Yep, even the ones that have a release clause for less than half that 100m amount.

footballbite

Status
Not open for further replies.