Kim Min-jae | signed for Bayern

Status
Not open for further replies.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Are those two similar kind of players?
I’m not sure. Never watch Kone. Not saying we will sign both, but the journalist that had linked us with midfielders are more reliable than the ones linked us with CB or KMJ. I don’t know who is this mattino guy that say we are signing KMJ.

croadyman

I’m not sure. Never watch Kone. Not saying we will sign both, but the journalist that had linked us with midfielders are more reliable than the ones linked us with CB or KMJ. I don’t know who is this mattino guy that say we are signing KMJ.
Yeah needs a Napoli fan to confirm whether that source is any good or not

gajender

Yeah needs a Napoli fan to confirm whether that source is any good or not
It isn't and we aren't signing him for release clause either , infact no other Club would activate that clause either I am certain of it .

He might still get his transfer away from Napoli even to United but it would just be normal transfer negotiated between Clubs .

His release clause might seem low but there aren't many Clubs who would prefer or capable of spending £43m as single payment it's higher than yearly budget of more than 99% Clubs in the world allocated for transfers fees .

aeh1991

It's a stupid argument to say we have enough depth because we can plax Shaw and Casemiro as CBs. Squad depth means to have enough competition on every position, not to play players out of positions.

daba

It isn't and we aren't signing him for release clause either , infact no other Club would activate that clause either I am certain of it .

He might still get his transfer away from Napoli even to United but it would just be normal transfer negotiated between Clubs .

His release clause might seem low but there aren't many Clubs who would prefer or capable of spending £43m as single payment it's higher than yearly budget of more than 99% Clubs in the world allocated for transfers fees .
There’s a good chance we are trying to negotiate a different structure to the deal where we perhaps pay £50-55m guaranteed but not as a lump sum. The only reason we’re doing that is due to the sheer amount of rebuilding we need to do so we need to spread the cost as much as we can, and the fact he’s probably an £80m CB in todays market (so still good value at an extra £10m).

Ultimately I think Napoli want to keep him so I could see them dragging and playing along with negotiations over the coming weeks in the hope that no teams wants to pay that full £43m and then after the release clause expires, they hold all the cards. Risky move though with Chelsea/PSG sniffing around who I’d say are clubs who could pay the lump sum.

aeh1991

There’s a good chance we are trying to negotiate a different structure to the deal where we perhaps pay £50-55m guaranteed but not as a lump sum. The only reason we’re doing that is due to the sheer amount of rebuilding we need to do so we need to spread the cost as much as we can, and the fact he’s probably an £80m CB in todays market (so still good value at an extra £10m).

Ultimately I think Napoli want to keep him so I could see them dragging and playing along with negotiations over the coming weeks in the hope that no teams wants to pay that full £43m and then after the release clause expires, they hold all the cards. Risky move though with Chelsea/PSG sniffing around who I’d say are clubs who could pay the lump sum.
I read that Champions league is important for KMJ's decision. Hence chances for United have risen after yesterday, while Liverpool's have fallen.

HJ12

Can he score off set-pieces? We're badly in need of some more menace in the opposition box.

aeh1991

He's a force in the air but header goals are not his speciality. He still managed to score some for the NT and for his former clubs besides the two goals already mentioned for Napoli.

For what it's worth he bossed Lukaku yesterday.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
What is the latest on his development?

Irwin99

Hope we get this done to be honest. I know we have a limited budget, and defensive and striking options are more urgent but this seems too good an opportunity to miss if he's as good as people say. Varane is a superb player but he can't play every game. This guy and Martinez together :drool:

crossy1686

career ending
Spelletti talking up a sale it seems. I hope he's not got bad knees or something, I don't trust league winners who are open to selling their best players.

Irwin99

Spelletti talking up a sale it seems. I hope he's not got bad knees or something, I don't trust league winners who are open to selling their best players.
It's not really in their hands is it? the way i understood it is that contractually Napoli are obligated to sell the player should he wish to leave and an offer comes in for him that meets the release clause that's valid until July. I might have it wrong though.

crossy1686

career ending
It's not really in their hands is it? the way i understood it is that contractually Napoli are obligated to sell the player should he wish to leave and an offer comes in for him that meets the release clause that's valid until July. I might have it wrong though.
Yeah there's a window where a clause kicks in for a couple of weeks and he can be bought for a reasonable price, but it seems like they're wanting a sale to happen which makes me suspicious.

2Injurytimegoal

To be fair, I don't want spend our transfer budget on a defender, we all agreed that the priority should be striker(s) and midfielder(s).

Unless the Qatar in and we have like 300m budget, and I doubt he will have the same impact as Licha and/or better than Varane, Lindelof.

The style we are playing need the DC have a lot of speed and strength, is he really that good?

bosskeano

he'd be a great buy for Newcastle but hopefully we make the move for him and get the deal done....he'd be brilliant alongside Martinez

Rolaholic

He's stepping down and he also said the opposite in hoping that he stays since he's the best CB in Serie A in the quote posted on this page.

Not exactly talking up an exit unless I'm missing another excerpt?

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Kim doesn’t really wow me on YouTube but I still want him due to his relatively low buy out clause.

If he is as good as people say after watching him then a good deal is a good deal.

daba

Yeah there's a window where a clause kicks in for a couple of weeks and he can be bought for a reasonable price, but it seems like they're wanting a sale to happen which makes me suspicious.
Where have you seen anything suggesting the owner or Spaletti want anything but for him to stay?

From what we’ve heard, Napoli are desperate to get a new contract in place to keep him there at least another year with a bigger release clause.

Hopefully if Kim wants to play in the Prem he’s smart enough not to take that offer and stay in Napoli even another year.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Kim doesn’t really wow me on YouTube but I still want him due to his relatively low buy out clause.

If he is as good as people say after watching him then a good deal is a good deal.
Youtube haha

crossy1686

career ending
He's stepping down and he also said the opposite in hoping that he stays since he's the best CB in Serie A in the quote posted on this page.

Not exactly talking up an exit unless I'm missing another excerpt?
I didn’t know he was leaving so I was probably reading between lines that weren’t there.

He just said something along the lines of he was the best CB in the league so no wonder United were interested. If you wanted to keep the best CB in the league you’d probably dismiss the question, especially if he’s available for a knock down feee in a months time.

Status
Not open for further replies.