Kingsley Coman

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Forget Willian - this kid is the solution to Jose’s chronic lack of width, and would be worth sacrificing Martial for, either directly to Bayern or selling him to finance Coman.
Last season he was shite, has he been better this year?

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Forget Willian - this kid is the solution to Jose’s chronic lack of width, and would be worth sacrificing Martial for, either directly to Bayern or selling him to finance Coman.
You know, we have zero intention of letting him go. An right now he has been missing for half the season, he needs to get back on track first.

Blackwidow

He was arguably Bayern's best player when he was healthy this season. No chance they're selling him.
Maybe not best player - but after the year with Ancelotti working with Heynckes and Peter Herrmann really got him a lot further - even if he has still injury problems. But somehow it seems that most of this type of players have injury problems.

In the stats post Ancelotti he has 6 goals and 7 assists in 1306 minutes.

But it is not just the stats. He brings a lot pace into the match and often occupies 2 or 3 defenders - and a lot of the successful attacks are started on his wing even if the final passes might have been made from the other wing.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Very good player would love him at United if his injury woes are behind him. Also would not mind Draxler either.

AP88

Supports
Man City
What would be the point of having him when Martial can't get a game
Because he’s an orthodox winger that Jose craves/requires, not a faux-forward ala Martial.

Hes a bit like Willian in style, a player Jose loves - he’d be perfect here.

Decomposing In Paris

He's made 21 apps for them and scored only 3 goals so he's not exactly breaking any records there. Maybe enough to keep him there. I dont know.
I like him as a player, but being honest, that's not the kind of return I'd be happy with in the Premier League, never mind playing for Bayern. If Ashley Young played on their wing he'd probably have similar.

Blackwidow

He's made 21 apps for them and scored only 3 goals so he's not exactly breaking any records there. Maybe enough to keep him there. I dont know.
Post Ancelotti 6 goals and 7 assists in 1306 minutes. Not to count that a lot of good attacks really were brought forward by him. He and Alaba have a very good understanding with each other. If you take the mark he gets for performances from kicker this season he beats all other players of Bayern and is top in the league.

And his CL career - he did not get many minutes with Ancelotti last season - but in the 854 CL minutes in his career he is on 4 goals and 7 assists...

Scenes from this season. I normally do not like youtube videos of players too much - but here it really shows what you get. He might still have to work on his end product - but that was the thing Heynckes and Hermann were working on with him this season and you really see the success - but you can see the quality. And no way Bayern would let this gem go...

(and if you look into the videos - no, it is not just low level teams he is great against...)

We know that we already have the successor for Franck - only the injuries are a problem. But if you e.g. watch how often this kind of players gets fouled just because the opponents cannot get them under control and what "high tuned machines" they are it is not really a wonder. The special about Coman in difference to others e.g. Costa is that he is in tune with his fellow players and that he is not an individualist. Not from his personality and not on the pitch.

Last edited:

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
He is arguably better and can play on the right seem like good enough reasons to me.
When did this happen? A year or two ago „all“ United fans were declaring Martial future balon d‘or material and clearly superior to Coman. :lol:

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
When did this happen? A year or two ago „all“ United fans were declaring Martial future balon d‘or material and clearly superior to Coman. :lol:
Is this the same year ago that Martial was not getting selected for France and Coman was? Yep my bad

bebeanderson

His production in a very mediocre league has been very subpar. Not to mention Bayern dominate the games so you'd expect something better numbers wise.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Is he going to make WC squad? Can they fit all of Dembele, Martial, Fekir and Coman in or will there be odd player out?

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
So you've never see him play and judge him by one stat?
Out of 13 weighed BuLi appearances this season, he has been rated "above average" (better than mark "3") in 8 of them in the typically very critical "kicker" rankings. In 5 CL appearances, he was 3x among the best men on the pitch, including the match vs. PSG.
(It is very hard indeed for a field player to average above mark "3" for a full season in these rankings. This season, 14 players out of ~190 accomplished this. If you just play without doing anything special, its a 3 or 3.5 at best. Score twice but get a silly red card and you end up with a 5 or 6 "abysmal")

Trust me, no one who saw him play this season doubts his potential. There is no discussion at all about him being moved. Of all current winger options, he is the one with the fewest question marks as a followup for the fading Robbery.

I have no idea what his own ambition is, if he desperately *wants* to go to the EPL or play in Spain he possibly will be impossible to retain once his contract runs out - but currntly, no chance in hell. He signed a new contract till 23 just last winter break.

I'd really be interested where you fellas got the funny idea he might be a transfer option this summer? Is it Bayern's reputation as a constantly cash-depraved selling club?

BTW, i'd be a fan of Martial/Coman at BM :D Has The Special One ever played a system with two explicit wingers?

Last edited:

Decomposing In Paris

Out of 13 weighed BuLi appearances this season, he has been rated "above average" (< mark "3") in 8 of them in the typically very critical "kicker" rankings. In 5 CL appearances, he was 3x among the best men on the pitch, including the match vs. PSG.
(It is very hard indeed for a field player to average above mark "3" for a full season in these rankings. This season, 14 players out of ~190 accomplished this)

Trust me, no one who saw him play this season doubts his potential. There is no discussion at all about him being moved. Of all current winger options, he is the one with the fewest question marks as a followup for the fading Robbery.

BTW, i'd be a fan of Martial/Coman at BM :D Has The Special One ever played a system with two explicit wingers?
Duff & Robben.

simplyared

Out of 13 weighed BuLi appearances this season, he has been rated "above average" (better than mark "3") in 8 of them in the typically very critical "kicker" rankings. In 5 CL appearances, he was 3x among the best men on the pitch, including the match vs. PSG.
(It is very hard indeed for a field player to average above mark "3" for a full season in these rankings. This season, 14 players out of ~190 accomplished this. If you just play without doing anything special, its a 3 or 3.5 at best. Score twice but get a silly red card and you end up with a 5 or 6 "abysmal")

I have no idea what his own ambition is, if he desperately *wants* to go to the EPL or play in Spain he possibly will be impossible to retain once his contract runs out - but currntly, no chance in hell. He signed a new contract till 23 just last winter break.

I'd really be interested where you fellas got the funny idea he might be a transfer option this summer? Is it Bayern's reputation as a constantly cash-depraved selling club?

You seem to know a lot about the player and I'm certainly not going to dispute anything you're saying about him. Just so you know where I stand: I haven't watched the player for a while now. Last time was when Pep was at Bayern and he brought him on in an important CL match when Bayern were down with 20 mins to play. He was magnificent, totally changed the game and saved them almost single handed. So not questioning the player's ability. I also said I didn't know his current status at Bayern. You seem to think he'll be staying put. Fine!

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Oh, I was always in the Coman > Martial camp!
And that's the problem, these two players are at the same level but they are totally different and brings totally different things. People were wrong when they were insulting Deschamps for picking Coman above Martial, because the former is a player that will stretch defenses and create havoc while Martial is a pure finisher, he does his magic in the box. Ideally you want both and they will both play at the same level but since France already have finishers in Griezmann and Giroud the focus is and will be to create opportunities for them which puts Coman ahead.

Mrob777

Supports
Liverpool
Man this is sad to see, such a great talent. I for sure hope he somehow gets past it and finishes his career on a high note, but overall health and his future life takes precedent. Best wishes to the lad

Red14Devil9

I don't know what exactly happened between him and his wife, but it would be very sad, if he would retire at only 22 years of age, and with a potential he showed on the pitch.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Hope he recovers but it’s a bit dramatic to say he will have to live like a hermit. He was dealt a good hand and had a glimpse of fame, he won’t be the only young player to have to retire due to injury. He should see his career thus far as a blessing and move on if he has too, many other things he could do still in the football world. Life can be a bitch most of the time and the majority of people never get a glimpse of what he has.

Last edited:

Ibi Dreams

Almost certainly a stupid question, but in what way would having more surgery be damaging for him? If he has an operation that enables him to play top flight football then he should be able to do anything. Is it a possibility of long term damage that will build up over time or something?

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Almost certainly a stupid question, but in what way would having more surgery be damaging for him? If he has an operation that enables him to play top flight football then he should be able to do anything. Is it a possibility of long term damage that will build up over time or something?
I don’t think it’s the surgery he fears as much as going through it, the rehab, getting back to fitness all to realise it didn’t work.

Last edited:

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I know a couple of people that have gone through rehab. It's psychologically draining.

Devil81

Must be a very hard decision to make, do you keep breaking down and go through extreme pain for huge wages?

I bet he's earned a really large amount of money but given the lifestyle, these guys live, would he really have earned enough to retire.

Reading this also makes you wonder what Jack Wilshere's motivation is.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Must be a very hard decision to make, do you keep breaking down and go through extreme pain for huge wages?

I bet he's earned a really large amount of money but given the lifestyle, these guys live, would he really have earned enough to retire.

Reading this also makes you wonder what Jack Wilshere's motivation is.
It's probably a lot easier when you are in your country and in your hometown. One of the issues with rehab is that you are alone, you don't follow the same schedule, you don't use the same facilities and barely see other players.

Jake

Mine's too big and gay.
Fair enough everyone saying they respect his decision to retire at 22. I don’t know kingsley’s circumstances, and I know he probably has enough money to retire even though he is 22.

But I’d honestly consider chopping my right foot off with a bread knife if it meant I’d be worth multiple millions (probably exaggerating but you get my point)

For me, personally, I’d rather play on as much as possible. I could deal with a limp when I’m older if it meant I maximised my earnings and achieved something in football. These players can choose to retire at 30 if they want and live like kings for the rest of their lives.