Kingsley Coman

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Fair enough everyone saying they respect his decision to retire at 22. I don’t know kingsley’s circumstances, and I know he probably has enough money to retire even though he is 22.

But I’d honestly consider chopping my right foot off with a bread knife if it meant I’d be worth multiple millions (probably exaggerating but you get my point)

For me, personally, I’d rather play on as much as possible. I could deal with a limp when I’m older if it meant I maximised my earnings and achieved something in football. These players can choose to retire at 30 if they want and live like kings for the rest of their lives.
I'd rather retire at 22 and have full mobility well into my 60-70s than play till 30 and my body break down at 40

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Was once seen as one of the most promising young talents in world football. Still so young too, hopefully he can recover and resume his career to a high standard.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
What will happen with him if Bayern end up - amazingly, virtually unchallenged by other top clubs - buying Sane?

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
What will happen with him if Bayern end up - amazingly, virtually unchallenged by other top clubs - buying Sane?
They would both play I'd image, with Ribery and Robben retiring

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
They would both play I'd image, with Ribery and Robben retiring
Doesn't Coman prefer playing on the left, cutting inside on his right? Bayern have had two wizards who prefer to cut inside for years now. Maybe they'll end up having two orthodox wingers then. Can't imagine Sane is best served being deployed on the right cutting inside when the kid is blessed with so much pace. They might need a quicker striker for those two speed merchants to be as effective as possible.

Gnabri to miss out?

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
Coman can't even stay fit and at this point, Gnabry is playing better and more consistent than Coman

If Bayern gets Sane, then Coman becomes the bench option

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Coman can't even stay fit and at this point, Gnabry is playing better and more consistent than Coman

You think he'll be happy with that when the two old boys are finally off?

Blackwidow

If he stays fit it will be the other way around. Then Sane would be the bench sitter. Coman and Gnabry with their right foot and with their workrate are far better options in combination with Alaba and his left foot. But despite the rumours right now I do not see Sane at Bayern. He is out of Bayern's spending limits for this season and I doubt that Uli will break the bank for him.

Since January Gnabry has 9 scorers and Coman 10 in the league with about the same playing time. Took awhile after the injuries but lately Coman performs very well. Normally I would say that a left foot would be best as a winger on the right side but in combination with Müller, Lewy and Kimmich it might be different especially with Gnabry being more the sniper. Now that only would need a coach with an offensive game plan...

Last edited:

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
If he stays fit it will be the other way around. Then Sane would be the bench sitter. Coman and Gnabry with their right foot and with their workrate are far better options in combination with Alaba and his left foot. But despite the rumours right now I do not see Sane at Bayern. He is out of Bayern's spending limits for this season and I doubt that Uli will break the bank for him.

Since January Gnabry has 9 scorers and Coman 10 in the league with about the same playing time. Took awhile after the injuries but lately Coman performs very well. Normally I would say that a left foot would be best as a winger on the right side but in combination with Müller, Lewy and Kimmich it might be different especially with Gnabry being more the sniper. Now that only would need a coach with an offensive game plan...
You really think Gnabry is better than Sané? Sané, despite seemingly being a knob, is top 10 wingers in the Premier League and he's still only young.

Last edited:

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Where's the problem in having three players for two positions? Especially if one of them has been very injury prone in the past?

JDoe

Supports
Bayern

Err....sorry but no. There is absolutely no chance Sané would sit on the bench if he played for us and is in anywhere close to his top form.

AJ10

Coman benching Sane? :lol:

Don't understand how people rate Coman, average player.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich

Of Sane, Coman and Gnabry, Sane is obviously the most talented followed by Coman

The frequent injuries has made Coman an unreliable option and a team will be stupid to bank on him all season. Gnabry is a better scorer and getting better

I see a situation Sane and Gnabry start and Coman come in as the sub, All can either play on their strong foot or on the opposite side to cut in and shoot

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen

Coman is great and up there with the biggest winger talents on the wings. If I had to choose between a fit Coman and a fit Dembele I'd choose Coman in a heartbeat. Sane is a tough one, though. Would play him on RW in all honesty. He had great games in this position for Schalke and Germany's youth teams. I see no reason why he shouldn't work as a inverted winger.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich

How on earth is Coman „average“? Is everybody but the top 5 position „average“ for you?

AJ10

Coman is great and up there with the biggest winger talents on the wings. If I had to choose between a fit Coman and a fit Dembele I'd choose Coman in a heartbeat. Sane is a tough one, though. Would play him on RW in all honesty. He had great games in this position for Schalke and Germany's youth teams. I see no reason why he shouldn't work as a inverted winger.
How on earth is Coman „average“? Is everybody but the top 5 position „average“ for you?
To each his own but I just don't see the hype around him. Every time I've seen him live for France or Bayern, he's been meh and his numbers are willian like for someone who plays for Bayern/ who is considered one of the best.

I don't consider everyone outside top 5 to be average but I don't see anything special about him given the ridiculous hype around him and he's largely been average. Of course injuries might have played a part in slowing his development and could go on to develop to levels of his current hype but at the moment don't get the hype.

Last edited:

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Where's the problem in having three players for two positions? Especially if one of them has been very injury prone in the past?
Yes, with Robben and Ribery gone for good, we have absolutely no excuse to not have more (quality) wingers.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
To each his own but I just don't see the hype around him. Every time I've seen him live for France or Bayern, he's been meh and his numbers are willian like for someone who plays for Bayern/ who is considered one of the best.

I don't consider everyone outside top 5 to be average but I don't see anything special about him given the ridiculous hype around him and he's largely been average. Of course injuries might have played a part in slowing his development and could go on to develop to levels of his current hype but at the moment don't get the hype.
He's a standout player among all these blazingly fast young wingers around right now. And the reason for that is that he's good great close control and technique. Guys like Dembele or Mbappe are so sloppy so often and you rarely see that with Coman. He's always in full control of the ball, has it glued to his feet and can also dribble you if there's almost zero space. Sane has that, too, occasionally but not to the same extent as Coman. If he wasn't that injury prone he'd already be an absolutely breathtaking player.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
You people talking about his injury record were absolutely right. Pretty tragic for someone so young and with so much quality. Looks like he's missed half the games almost for the last 3 seasons.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
You people talking about his injury record were absolutely right. Pretty tragic for someone so young and with so much quality. Looks like he's missed half the games almost for the last 3 seasons.
One of those injuries was due to a nasty foul by a defender. But overall I agree: he definitely seems injury prone.

Calling him „average“... :lol:

AJ10

He's a standout player among all these blazingly fast young wingers around right now. And the reason for that is that he's good great close control and technique. Guys like Dembele or Mbappe are so sloppy so often and you rarely see that with Coman. He's always in full control of the ball, has it glued to his feet and can also dribble you if there's almost zero space. Sane has that, too, occasionally but not to the same extent as Coman. If he wasn't that injury prone he'd already be an absolutely breathtaking player.
Standout while Mbappe is taking the world by storm?

Standout in terms of technique or output? Because his output is William like while playing for a team like Bayern. If its Technique then for a winger with average output what use is it? Gnabry has better output, even when he was playing for Hoffenheim.

Of course he could go onto become what everyone thinks he's capable off but at the moment, hasn't done much.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich

Standout in terms of technique or output? Because his output is William like while playing for a team like Bayern. If its Technique then for a winger with average output what use is it?

Of course he could go onto become what everyone thinks he's capable off but at the moment, hasn't done much.
Mbappé is obviously in a tier of his own.

You cannot reduce Coman to statistic. And if you still wish to do so take his stats from 2019.

You obviously don’t have tobe a fan of him, but I neither see a great hype around him atm nor would I call him average.
He is not leaving Bayern anyways, so he is their „problem“.

AJ10

Mbappé is obviously in a tier of his own.

You cannot reduce Coman to statistic. And if you still wish to do so take his stats from 2019.

You obviously don’t have tobe a fan of him, but I neither see a great hype around him atm nor would I call him average.
He is not leaving Bayern anyways, so he is their „problem“.
I did take stats from this season and Gnabry's are better. Of course General play etc.. matter but for a winger, the best way to measure their effectiveness is through goals and assists.

That's your opinion which you're entitled to.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
One of those injuries was due to a nasty foul by a defender. But overall I agree: he definitely seems injury prone.

Calling him „average“... :lol:
Yeah, strange to write off such obvious quality. Probably people who haven't seen him play.

He picked up the same long term injury twice last year (Syndesmotic ligament tear) according to his injury history on Transfermarkt.

See some comments from Bayern supporters that he's been savaged by defenders. Then I saw this quote from him

If I need a third operation, I don’t think I’ll do it. If I hurt myself again (...) enough is enough! Maybe my foot isn’t made for the high level and I’ll move on with my life.

NYAS

He should go to Barcelona. He can win a Spanish title there and then go to England and win the PL and then be the first player to win all of the big 5 leagues.

Barca could also do with a pacey and explosive right-footed player like him coming off the bench instead of having Malcom come on and do his useless Robben impression - cutting inside on his left but without any of the pace.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen

Standout in terms of technique or output? Because his output is William like while playing for a team like Bayern. If its Technique then for a winger with average output what use is it? Gnabry has better output, even when he was playing for Hoffenheim.

Standout is probably the wrong term, unique would fit better. Of course Mbappe is currently the standout prospect of this attacking generation (alongside Sancho, IMO) but you can't really deny that few of these youngsters (first and foremost Mbappe and Dembele) have particularly good close control. That's what distinguishes them from their predecessors like Robben, Messi, Ronaldo, Ribery, Hazard, Neymar, Götze etc. who were far more clean technicians. Coman is also that type of player. Sancho is one of that kind, too, and to a lesser extent also Sane. Those three don't necessarily need room for their dribblings unlike Dembele and Mbappe who aren't really good dribblers without space to attack.

Jib

Great cameo with the NT.
Coman would have been one of the best winger in the world if he wasn't injury prone.

Not as talented as Dembele or Mbappé but he's a better winger than them.
If he's fit, I can see him start at the Euro.
This boy is class.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Great cameo with the NT.
Coman would have been one of the best winger in the world if he wasn't injury prone.

Not as talented as Dembele or Mbappé but he's a better winger than them.
If he's fit, I can see him start at the Euro.
This boy is class.
How is Dembele more talented? Coman is better in almost every aspect of play. Close control, intelligence, first touch, technique, passing. And his acceleration is even better than Dembele's. Only in terms of top speed he might be inferior.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
How is Dembele more talented? Coman is better in almost every aspect of play. Close control, intelligence, first touch, technique, passing. And his acceleration is even better than Dembele's. Only in terms of top speed he might be inferior.
Dribbling, ambipedal, and crossing would probably be the only qualities I would give Dembele over Coman, but there's not a huge difference between the two, they're also only one year apart. It's a shame they both seem to have bad luck with injuries.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Dribbling, ambipedal, and crossing would probably be the only qualities I would give Dembele over Coman, but there's not a huge difference between the two, they're also only one year apart. It's a shame they both seem to have bad luck with injuries.
Don't agree with the dribbling aspect. Coman is clearly better in close quarters while Dembele is better when he has much space in front of him.

But yeah, really unfortunate. But maybe they can overcone it in the future like Robben did. A front three of Coman, Mbappe and Dembele would be lethal.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
You replied because he had couple of good games while largely being average over the course of a season? :lol:

Hasn't done anything to justify the ridiculous hype.
I watched 95% off his games at Bayern so I didn’t mainly form my opinion of him off of stats.
I am not his biggest fan. He still is way better than average though. You are pretty alone in here with your rating of him.

It is okay, opinions luckily differ.

AJ10

I watched 95% off his games at Bayern so I didn’t mainly form my opinion of him off of stats.
I am not his biggest fan. He still is way better than average though. You are pretty alone in here with your rating of him.

It is okay, opinions luckily differ.
Of course opinions differ and if I am the only one with that opinion then I am happy to be the only one until he has done something which even in small part confirms his hype, at the moment he hasn't done anything.

You judge him based on (whatever it is) and since he's a attacker I am not sure why stats can't be used to judge (I've also watched him at Juve and now at Bayern several times, not as many as 95%) , a attack who has less goals and assists than Gnabry at Bayern (Best club in Germany and others don't even come close). I simply don't see why he has so much hype for someone with so little output, yes he has nice control etc but at the end of the day he's a attacker not a CM.

He's still young and maybe one day he fulfils his potential to confirm his ridiculous hype.

Was never impressed while he was at Juve and now at Bayern but you seem to rate him, that's your opinion.

Bojan11

Looked like he suffered another bad injury. Feel sorry for the guy.