Kingsley Coman

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Ah I see. Could mean this Coman link has legs since he doesn’t usually post about transfers?
Falk is reliable with Bayern news btw so I would take his word over Mitten's. Possibly we're interested and we haven't had any contact with Bayern yet. He's either being used or like I said he jumped the gun with the negotiations talk.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
Nothing in this I reckon, just a ploy to force Dortmund into accepting a lower offer.

mu4c_20le

Buying another right footed player is just stupid if Sancho deals just postponed.

I'd only be happy with another left footed forward or winger to balance out the wings if Sancho is joining us in a different transfer window.

Cant be stocking up on Sancho, Martial, James, Rashford who are all greater on the left than the right by varying margins.
Sancho is almost certainly going to play on our right, and while I still love James, if these links are concrete then I'd be like the guy walking with his gf and looking over his shoulder at someone else.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
That or Coman is using it to get a new deal at Bayern.
His contract runs till 2023. He starts every game for us when fit and on form. You don't need some guy like Falk to get an idea of the likelihood of this happening...

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
His contract runs till 2023. He starts every game for us when fit and on form. You don't need some guy like Falk to get an idea of the likelihood of this happening...
That's what I have in mind, I don't really understand why people think that he isn't good enough or that Bayern would sell him. As weird as it may sound for people that don't follow him, his coaches like him despite his injury record. When fit he is one the players guaranteed to be selected for France too.

the chameleon

No thanks. Good player though. If we didn't get Sancho, I would want us to prioritise centre-back and defensive midfield.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Nothing rumor- Ed basically Pressuring Dortmund to accept our offer.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Does this leave Mitten as a willing mouthpiece for the club then or has his reputation taken a knock?

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Andy is doing us a solid here. He’s putting out information for the club that we have other targets and aren’t only desperate for Sancho.

GJNJ

Andy is doing us a solid here. He’s putting out information for the club that we have other targets and aren’t only desperate for Sancho.
I'd expect some sort of exclusive interview for Mitten at some point in the near future

Chairman Steve

So is Coman another name of this additional ‘versatile attacking midfielder‘ role next to VDB and Grealish?

Mark Pawelek

Good player but had his progression hampered by injuries

SeasonInjuryfromuntilDaysGames missed
19/20StrainFeb 26, 2020Mar 12, 202015 days3
19/20FitnessJan 31, 2020Feb 3, 20203 days1
19/20Tear in a joint capsuleDec 12, 2019Feb 8, 202058 days7
19/20Calf muscle strainNov 15, 2019Nov 20, 20195 days-
18/19Thigh ProblemsJun 10, 2019Jun 15, 20195 days-
18/19Back troubleMar 22, 2019Mar 26, 20194 days-
18/19Torn Muscle FibreFeb 24, 2019Mar 12, 201916 days2
18/19FitnessNov 20, 2018Nov 28, 20188 days2
18/19Syndesmotic ligament tearAug 25, 2018Nov 19, 201886 days15
17/18Syndesmotic ligament tearFeb 26, 2018May 14, 201877 days16
17/18BronchitisFeb 13, 2018Feb 18, 20185 days1
17/18tendon irritationNov 16, 2017Nov 23, 20177 days2
17/18Minor KnockNov 2, 2017Nov 2, 20170 days-
17/18Bruised KneeOct 26, 2017Oct 30, 20174 days1
17/18Muscular problemsOct 26, 2017Oct 30, 20174 days1
That's just one page. 25 injuries in all. 3 more serious injuries on the other page.

Clermontois

Supports
France
Not sure he would be keen on the epl as he does not enjoy the constant physical battles from what I have seen.

Scholsey2004

Surprising The Athletic went with this. It's certainly received short shrift from Falk. Presumably if there's any basis for this story 'discussions' all happened internally at the United end.

pascell

Mitten knows nothing, hasn't broken a United transfer since Moyes' days and I'm sure his info avenues have dried up.

I'm calling huge BS on us going for Coman. Maybe the Caf should keep a check on who's linking us with which player and reassess who to trust after the transfer window shutting.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
He seems to be loved by the coaching staff of both France and Bayern. That's a good thing.

AgentSquirrel

I'd expect some sort of exclusive interview for Mitten at some point in the near future
Based on what? Does he have a history of this?(rhetorical question - I know he doesn't). And what would an exclusive look like? An interview with our manager? Except he already gets those. He has links with a lot of players and agents from a lot of different clubs. He's likely written this story because he's gotten it from the player's side and has confirmation from the club that they'd consider him a backup if Sancho doesn't pan out.

GJNJ

Based on what? Does he have a history of this?(rhetorical question - I know he doesn't). And what would an exclusive look like? An interview with our manager? Except he already gets those. He has links with a lot of players and agents from a lot of different clubs. He's likely written this story because he's gotten it from the player's side and has confirmation from the club that they'd consider him a backup if Sancho doesn't pan out.
Base on what? rhetorical question - I know you have no evidence and it just your opinion which fine it isn't a wild or crazy. Same as mine doesn't require a passive aggressive response. You could have just written the bold part which would have been a fair response.

You could say he gets these interviews with Ole etc because he is fed thing from the club for time to time. Who knows and who gives a feck. I certainly don't.

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
Nothing in this I reckon, just a ploy to force Dortmund into accepting a lower offer.
That would only work if they were desperate to sell, which i don't think they are. But i think United is taking the pressure to Sancho himself. 'Look boy, either you make this work, or we go for someone else.'

I personally think Sancho is waiting to see if United makes UCL or not. So if United qualifies on Sunday this could be a done deal very quickly.

TheReligion

Abusive
I support Bayern but watch some Premiere League. I remember Martial being hyped over the moon by United supporters when he joined and therefore disappointing by not becoming Messi. Good to hear that he had an excellent season.
Martial is not the same kind of player as Messi. Not sure if you've seen much of him?

AgentSquirrel

Base on what? rhetorical question - I know you have no evidence and it just your opinion which fine it isn't a wild or crazy. Same as mine doesn't require a passive aggressive response. You could have just written the bold part which would have been a fair response.

You could say he gets these interviews with Ole etc because he is fed thing from the club for time to time. Who knows and who gives a feck. I certainly don't.
The guy has written a fanzine for our club for most of his life. He doesn't post bullshit. It's that simple. He doesn't need to 'plant stories' to get exclusives. He gets them for UWS and always has done for as long as I've been reading the zine. He's not a random journalist. He has strong links with our club (and with the people who work for it - players included) and with a lot of other clubs around the world because of his job and because of his links to United. Some people on here (and other places) want to act like because we don't sign all the players we've spoken to, he must be faking links for exclusives. It's getting old.

beingshe7don

Why would Kingsley wanna leave Bayern? He's been winning trophies left and right. Also, if he had to leave, I think City would have been first choice. Doubt it Bayern will sell.

This reminds me of the time when we were negotiating with Leicester about AWB and the Max Arrons rumor came out.

The guy would be a good signing but is constantly injured. Similar to O Dembele.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
That would only work if they were desperate to sell, which i don't think they are. But i think United is taking the pressure to Sancho himself. 'Look boy, either you make this work, or we go for someone else.'

I personally think Sancho is waiting to see if United makes UCL or not. So if United qualifies on Sunday this could be a done deal very quickly.
Yeah, why would Dortmund care? Wouldn't they prefer to keep Sancho? Everybody calls them a selling club, but they don't sell players because they need to (anymore), but just because they're not in the top-top bracket and so can't stop their best players from moving bigger clubs if that's what the player really wants.

Judas

Open to offers
Martial was far from over hyped when he joined, if anything he was a majorly unknown quantity, as much as people pretended to be experts. Don’t remember many Messi comparisons.

AKDevil

Falk is reliable with Bayern news btw so I would take his word over Mitten's. Possibly we're interested and we haven't had any contact with Bayern yet. He's either being used or like I said he jumped the gun with the negotiations talk.
does story say we’ve had talks with Bayern?