Kingsley Coman

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Martial was far from over hyped when he joined, if anything he was a majorly unknown quantity, as much as people pretended to be experts. Don’t remember many Messi comparisons.
Don’t think I agree. Many on here were hyping him and expecting future ballon d‘ors. It’s okay though, it happens at every club. Janucaj(sp?) was expected to be a world beater too. And a few years later I have no fecking clue how to spell his name.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Martial is not the same kind of player as Messi. Not sure if you've seen much of him?
Of course he is not the same player. He’s a striker/winger. It was more about the expectation that he would become world class.

GJNJ

The guy has written a fanzine for our club for most of his life. He doesn't post bullshit. It's that simple. He doesn't need to 'plant stories' to get exclusives. He gets them for UWS and always has done for as long as I've been reading the zine. He's not a random journalist. He has strong links with our club (and with the people who work for it - players included) and with a lot of other clubs around the world because of his job and because of his links to United. Some people on here (and other places) want to act like because we don't sign all the players we've spoken to, he must be faking links for exclusives. It's getting old.
Who said he was faking links or planting stories? He's been given a story and he has published it, whether that gives him some access to people in the future or has done in the past, I don't see any issue with that. If he had just pulled the story from his backside like alot of the others then that would be worse as for as I'm concerned. If it not the case then fine, your entitled to your opinion, I don't have emotional attachment to him, any journalist or the subject.

You obviously feel passionately about him to defend his honor, I don't think I have said anything too outrageous to warrent the tone of your initial response.

AgentSquirrel

Who said he was faking links or planting stories? He's been given a story and he has published it, whether that gives him some access to people in the future or has done in the past, I don't see any issue with that. If he had just pulled the story from his backside like alot of the others then that would be worse as for as I'm concerned. If it not the case then fine, your entitled to your opinion, I don't have emotional attachment to him, any journalist or the subject.

You obviously feel passionately about him to defend his honor, I don't think I have said anything too outrageous to warrent the tone of your initial response.
Naa, not passionate, just sensible. I see people on here who have supported United for 5 minutes, wanking over fake ITK's on reddit and accusing Mitten of all sorts when he's pretty much the only journalist who doesn't make a living posting attention seeking click bait. If you're an actual fan of United, then you should be pretty well versed on who Andy Mitten is and how he operates. UWS is a huge part of United club culture and has been for as long as I can remember. 'He's been given a story' implies he's planting a story, as does suggesting he's 'getting an exclusive soon'. Own your shit. He knows people, has spoken to them, and written a story off the back of it. It's not rocket science.

Red00012

Martial was far from over hyped when he joined, if anything he was a majorly unknown quantity, as much as people pretended to be experts. Don’t remember many Messi comparisons.
After that Liverpool he was definitely over hyped.
The ballon d’or clause included in the contract didn’t help.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Didn't he win golden boy the season he joined us?

Bondi77

No thanks
Another lightweight like Gomes, if we want a squad option then Fraser from Bournemouth gets my vote.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
I didn't realise his career had finished yet?
Mate, seriously?! He’s been at United for 5(?) years. He’s been mostly good and has had a very good season. He is not (yet?) world class. The expectations and add-on clauses show, that this is so far an underwhelming development.
Would I take him over Coman at Bayern? Probably.

GJNJ

Naa, not passionate, just sensible. I see people on here who have supported United for 5 minutes, wanking over fake ITK's on reddit and accusing Mitten of all sorts when he's pretty much the only journalist who doesn't make a living posting attention seeking click bait. If you're an actual fan of United, then you should be pretty well versed on who Andy Mitten is and how he operates. UWS is a huge part of United club culture and has been for as long as I can remember. 'He's been given a story' implies he's planting a story, as does suggesting he's 'getting an exclusive soon'. Own your shit. He knows people, has spoken to them, and written a story off the back of it. It's not rocket science.
You have come into this preloaded to get some stuff off your chest and you have made alot of baseless assumptions of what I think or I have implied over a casual comment. If you're him, then I apologise if I have offended, other your I don't care either way. You carry on portraying him as some sort of holier than thou journalist, take your crusade and start a thread, discuss with someone who gives a feck.

Don't patronise me, acting superior, levelling reddit itk bs and a 5 minute fan like your some kind of super red because you follow Mitten and you think the club culture is captured in a magazine. You know feck all about me.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
I suspect the clowns on Reddit will now provide an up to the minute detail of all of this within the hour. They hadn’t the foggiest this morning.
:lol:

Tbh I’m just waiting to see how true were their latest Sancho rumours about the transfer being done. If it’s false info I’m never buying a word into their crap again. No matter who they might be.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
As for Coman, I’d bring him in to loan out James, while it doesn’t in any way affect the Sancho transfer.

Coman as a backup option in place of Sancho is complete bollocks.

arthurka

He's got 3 years left on his contract, and Sane wasn't bought to replace him. Unless someone comes up with a batshite crazy offer, there's 0 chance of our board selling him.
Or you guys are clever and know that he is brittle as feck and want to move him to Utd like you guys always do with your duds.. But he isn't any good really, should be pulling Sancho numbers in this Bayern team.

TheReligion

Abusive
Mate, seriously?! He’s been at United for 5(?) years. He’s been mostly good and has had a very good season. He is not (yet?) world class. The expectations and add-on clauses show, that this is so far an underwhelming development.
Would I take him over Coman at Bayern? Probably.
I'm just wondering if it's clever to be so dismissive of such a talented player, or to poke fun at those who are/were excited by him. Players like Mo Salah show you don't have to be as good as Messi as a teenager or even in your early 20s to become world class later on in your career.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
I’m quite sure I’d gotten to play for Sir Alex at Nou Camp if not for that nasty hay fever in my right knee.
Don't know how it's over there in the PL, but here in Germany, you don't get greenlighted by the doctors if you have fallen ill with a respiratory sickness that comes with fever.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Mitten knows nothing, hasn't broken a United transfer since Moyes' days and I'm sure his info avenues have dried up.

I'm calling huge BS on us going for Coman. Maybe the Caf should keep a check on who's linking us with which player and reassess who to trust after the transfer window shutting.
You've called this one wrong. Andy doesn't usually get involved with transfer rumours and when he does its because he has solid sources.

Fans don't realise how often players ask their agents to sound out whether, in principle, a specific club would be interested in them. It's very common in football and is how a number of deals that get done actually start out.

I read a lot of Andy's work and listen to the UWS podcast regularly. If he says there is interest between united and Coman then there's interest. If you read the article though he also makes it clear that United would prefer Sancho.

Bayern clearly don't want to sell at the moment. But they might if Coman requested a transfer.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Very well said.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
If Utd sign Coman over Sancho, you're going to hear a million muppet hearts break in tandem.

Hansinity

Supports
Bayern Munich
Coman is actually a " perfect " singing for many teams. Potential to be a starter in any top team, but also the kind of quality player you want to bring from the bench. And he is still young but with lots of experience already.
He had lots of injuries though, but at the same time his injury record in relation to his performance is kinda impressive. Despite the many many backlashes he still came back and performed whenever he played.

I strongly doubt that Bayern will sell him though. If rumours were true Pep wanted to bring him to City and Bayern obviously declined. There is no need for Bayern to sell him and if they want to win CL next season they need the depth for every position.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
He's got 3 years left on his contract, and Sane wasn't bought to replace him. Unless someone comes up with a batshite crazy offer, there's 0 chance of our board selling him.
This is obviously a hyperbole, but how much of a hater would I be if I said that I find it hard to predict whether it's more likely he will succumb to injuries or turn into a dominating player in the next 2-3 years? I think it would make a lot of sense for Bayern to find some "sucker" from the PL who pays say €40m-€50m then go and use half of that money and the promise of being their 3rd choice winger or impact sub to lure in the next Sancho.

Last edited:

croadyman

Maybe I am wrong but this looks like the alternate target stories stage of the media cycle

Giggsy13

Looks like a coordinated leak by our club to put pressure on Dortmund on Sancho or could be a list of alternative targets if we don’t get champions league.

croadyman

Looks like a coordinated leak by our club to put pressure on Dortmund on Sancho or could be a list of alternative targets if we don’t get champions league.
Yeah we have seen it all before with many targets over the years

-Supreme-

Buying another right footed player is just stupid if Sancho deals just postponed.

I'd only be happy with another left footed forward or winger to balance out the wings if Sancho is joining us in a different transfer window.

Cant be stocking up on Sancho, Martial, James, Rashford who are all greater on the left than the right by varying margins.
Exactly, unless we get rid of James then this signing doesn't make much sense to me.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He’s just being used to lower Dortmund’s price. However, I can still see us might end up with Coman on loan and not Sancho since we already have Greenwood. We’ll see what happen when the deadline date (10th august) is passed.

El-Manos

He’s just being used to lower Dortmund’s price. However, I can still see us might end up with Coman on loan and not Sancho since we already have Greenwood. We’ll see what happen when the deadline date (10th august) is passed.
Pretty sure that’s no longer the 10th of August.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Yeah feel confident it will be sorted before the 10th August anyway
Doubt it will be. But we want the club to do something and I’m sure at least we will put the first bid before or on the 10th august unless if we fail to secure the CL this week.