Kingsley Coman

jesperjaap

So gone from, maybe worth a loan, injury prone, no end product consistently.......then a contender for man of the match and he is suddenly too good for us. One good/bad game or change of wind direction and people turn on here.

He has always been good one on one, always been an exciting player, has had injuries. I dont think he has significantly improved from when they first signed him apart from his movement, not so much a bad thing as was always very talented. I actually thought he would become a better player than he has though. Lets not forget, a lot of the time this season Perisic, who nobody wanted here has started ahead of him.

For me he is a good signing.....Sancho though he really isnt in terms of intelligence and assisting. Not seen enough of him to be 100% certain, ut what I have, I would probably have Chiesa as the back up plan for Sancho over Coman

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Lads, Bayern is not selling Coman. They need him and even want a fourth winger.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Moving from PSG to Juventus and considered not good enough, then loaned to Bayern and finally the persistent injuries and getting to a point when he considered retiring from the game at 23 if he had another injury again.
PSG considered him good enough, he just chose to leave. At Juventus the issue was more tactical than anything else, they weren't playing with wingers and was ofteb played out of position, it was basically the situation that Henry found himself in.

Mercurial

So gone from, maybe worth a loan, injury prone, no end product consistently.......then a contender for man of the match and he is suddenly too good for us. One good/bad game or change of wind direction and people turn on here.

He has always been good one on one, always been an exciting player, has had injuries. I dont think he has significantly improved from when they first signed him apart from his movement, not so much a bad thing as was always very talented. I actually thought he would become a better player than he has though. Lets not forget, a lot of the time this season Perisic, who nobody wanted here has started ahead of him.

For me he is a good signing.....Sancho though he really isnt in terms of intelligence and assisting. Not seen enough of him to be 100% certain, ut what I have, I would probably have Chiesa as the back up plan for Sancho over Coman
Imagine having one of our wingers go full blast, then at 65-70 min sub in a fresh Coman and stick to it relentless. The horrors going on in the mind of that poor defense might be on another level. Thats true impact.

rooneyberbatov

According to Bild, Zahavi wants Coman's wages doubled to €17m-a-year so Bayern ended all negotiations. He will be likely sold this summer if a good offer comes in.

We should be all over this one.

Joseunited

According to Bild, Zahavi wants Coman's wages doubled to €17m-a-year so Bayern ended all negotiations. He will be likely sold this summer if a good offer comes in.

and pay him 17m Euros a year in wages?

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri

This is a lot of money, not least with regards to his recurring injuries, which have caused him to wonder about his continued place in the game at times. But he could likely expect parity with Martial, as our benchmark has been way over the top in wages. It's just Bruno - our decisive factor - who has had to settle for a normal wage for some reason.

Rolaholic

I don’t blame him, probably bored as feck playing in a one team league.
Yea he's won the league title in every season he's played at the professional level in France,Italy and Germany.

Wouldn't surprise me if he wanted to try something else in another league now

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
and pay him 17m Euros a year in wages?
According to German news sources Bayern offered 13 Million Euro but the Coman side wants over 20 Million Euro. No way Bayern will pay such crazy money.

Seems Hoeneß had a valid point when labeling Zahavi as bloodthirsty piranha.

Last edited:

Joseunited

According to German news sources Bayern offered 13 Million Euro but and the Coman side wants over 20 Million Euro. No way Bayern will pay such crazy money.

Seems Hoeneß had a valid point when labeling Zahavi as bloodthirsty piranha.
My point exactly, no way we give Coman those numbers.

davidmichael

We’ve got Rashford, Greenwood, Diallo, James, Pellestri, Shoretire and should be soon Sancho to play wide positions as well as Martial who can play there so why would we go for Coman as well ? There is no denying he’s a very good player but after Sancho we need a pure out and out defensive midfielder and a pacey centre back rather than a luxury player.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
These wage demands are just attempts to engineer moves. These players know Bayern won't accept them.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
We’ve got Rashford, Greenwood, Diallo, James, Pellestri, Shoretire and should be soon Sancho to play wide positions as well as Martial who can play there so why would we go for Coman as well ? There is no denying he’s a very good player but after Sancho we need a pure out and out defensive midfielder and a pacey centre back rather than a luxury player.
None of those players are better than Coman in his position though.

Kind of with you if Sancho is added. But that’s not a guarantee.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Even if Bayern's position is clear, United are apparently making them know of our interest in Coman.

This feels quite different to our approach under Woodward a while back where we'd keep our position quiet with the club until the very last second.

Tacitus56AD

Supports
Bayern Munich
Well, if you are interested = bayern is asking for 100mil + . Given how injury-prone Coman is nobody will even take a look at him knowing the price.
This dude scores one important goal in his live after being pamperd for years and suddenly thinks he can ask for big boy money. Considering how often he taps out for the whole season after just playing a few games bayern should sell him if someone is dumb enough to pay the price. He does not have the mentality to be worldclass i am afraid but is demanding worldclass wages.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
This feels quite different to our approach under Woodward a while back where we'd keep our position quiet with the club until the very last second.
I disagree, I think in the last 4/5 summer transfer windows, we've always pressured other clubs with alternatives.

We were very much linked to Morata the same time we signed Lukaku, De Ligt when we signed Maguire, Maddison when we signed Bruno and Josh King when we signed Ighalo on loan (these are the ones from the top of my head)... and I feel the club have purposely made this public to pressure the opposition into a deal so they don't lose out on the business. To me it's a good sign that we're close to a signing regardless.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I disagree, I think in the last 4/5 summer transfer windows, we've always pressured other clubs with alternatives.

We were very much linked to Morata the same time we signed Lukaku, De Ligt when we signed Maguire, Maddison when we signed Bruno and Josh King when we signed Ighalo on loan (these are the ones from the top of my head)... and I feel the club have purposely made this public to pressure the opposition into a deal so they don't lose out on the business. To me it's a good sign that we're close to a signing regardless.
Right, we used the media and the players' reps to pressure other clubs, but it seems like this time, we're actually approaching the other clubs quite early in the process. Previously, we'd take care of the majority of the details with the player's reps and then approach the club once we've got everything that they wanted. Now, we're starting to register our interests with the clubs directly rather than via a rep. Even with Sancho, the fact that we started talks so early and even submitted a 1st bid (though undesirable) is different to how we did our business in the past.

diarm

This story seems designed to send a message to Dortmund to be honest.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Not to start a huge debate ala Sancho but doesn’t he play on the left…
He can play equally as well on both flanks. On the right, he's more of a crossing threat, whilst on the left, he can go both on the outside as well as the inside. Coman scored the winning goal from the left flank whilst Gnabry played on the right side.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Terrific player really. The French are stacked with quality up front.

But doesnt he have injury problems?

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
This story seems designed to send a message to Dortmund to be honest.
Does it? Do you think Dortmund will be heartbroken if their biggest rivals lose an asset like Coman? I'd imagine Dortmund not being unhappy about such news.

Does it? Do you think Dortmund will be heartbroken if their biggest rivals lose an asset like Coman? I'd imagine Dortmund not being unhappy about such news.
of course they would be unhappy.

the only buyer they have for an £80m player has gone elsewhere, and they have an unhappy player on their books yet again.

diarm

No, I think Dortmund know that Sancho will likely run out of patience if he's not sold this summer. We're locking horns a little over what price is going to get the deal over the line and by letting it be known that we are talking to a high profile alternative, were hoping Dortmund will be a little more flexible on price than they were last year.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
of course they would be unhappy.

the only buyer they have for an £80m player has gone elsewhere, and they have an unhappy player on their books yet again.
A player they neither want nor have to sell and who they would quite happily keep another season and who not guaranteed to be unhappy another year at Dortmund.

But United would be stupid to buy Coman instead, who is far to inconsistent and injury-prone compared to Sancho.

Threesus

A player they neither want nor have to sell and who they would quite happily keep another season and who not guaranteed to be unhappy another year at Dortmund.

But United would be stupid to buy Coman instead, who is far to inconsistent and injury-prone compared to Sancho.
wait. I thought Coman has put his inconsistencies behind and gone up a level or 2 these past 2 seasons. Are you telling me that that’s not the case?

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
wait. I thought Coman has put his inconsistencies behind and gone up a level or 2 these past 2 seasons. Are you telling me that that’s not the case?
I'd say a bit of both. He has become more consistent, but he still is almost never carrying Bayern in the way Sancho carries Dortmund and therefore a level below him. Sancho's last three seasons were all better than Coman's best season in that regard, and the first of those seasons was when 'Sancho was 18!

SecondFig

If we can't get Sancho, then Coman would be a decent fall-back. But, at the fees being quoted for both, I would massively prefer us to spend the extra to get Sancho

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Terrific player really. The French are stacked with quality up front.

But doesnt he have injury problems?
He's been doing better with his fitness, but yeah to me he's still suspect.

Cabin Clown

Would much rather we get this lad on a cut price deal and invest elsewhere, like getting Grealish who would make a bigger impact in our team than Sancho would.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Have seen literally noting to suggest that Coman - on anything other than a very cut price deal - would improve us greatly. This feels like him wanting a new club rather than us needing the player.