Kingsley Coman

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Very good player and would improve us instantly, but at the price and wages, it's too much of a gamble if you factor his injury record into it. I'd assume the "alternative to Sancho" rumors are just that - planted to put pressure on Dortmund.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Do not want, I mean honestly it's Sancho or no one for me and if we can't get Sancho spend the money in another area of the pitch

Bojan Djordjic

Never mind the fact that he seems to be permanently injured, surprised the amount of fans that would be happy to bring a player with such character issues into the squad. Personally, don't want the girlfriend battering filth-bag near our team. We can do without that.

Rolaholic

Apparently Chelsea have shown interest but Bayern want crazy money since he has 2 years left on his deal

Judas

Open to offers
Not even PSG would pay that sort of daft money for him. Chelsea might, they do seem to be the new "oh you want that silly fee eh? here!" club in town.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I'm not keen if he's our fallback, injury issues aside, he's same as Rashford and Martial, 2 or 3 good games followed by 5 or 6 bad games, he's so streaky.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He's a very good player but we're anyway signing someone far better in Sancho. His demands seem excessive for a player of his standing and quality.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Ive not watched him much but when I do he doesn’t seem that great does he?
He's decent but not much more. Good pace and he's tricky but I think he lacks end product. He's also always had loads of injuries. I truly believe when both are in form Martial is the better player and is more talented too but really we don't need another flakey attacker added to the mix.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Bayern would like 100m for him would they?

That's cute.

This feels like an Ed special though, so I'm concerned. Chase the player we really want all summer, refuse to meet asking price, go instead with a 75m 'cut price' option at the last second that is nowhere near as good, and no one else was in for at half the cost. Has my worried.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Bayern would like 100m for him would they?

That's cute.

This feels like an Ed special though, so I'm concerned. Chase the player we really want all summer, refuse to meet asking price, go instead with a 75m 'cut price' option at the last second that is nowhere near as good, and no one else was in for at half the cost. Has my worried.
How is that cute exactly?

Beachryan

Well, he has scored over 10 goals at Bayern exactly 0 teams in his career as a forward. He has played 30 matches for Bayern exactly 0 times in the past 4 years. He would clearly like to leave.

If only there were another, similarly-positioned player in the same league we could use as a barometer. Oh wait! There's that other lad who's younger, has scored twice as many goals, been available more often and is, conincidentally, also likely to leave. His price tag? Right around 100m.

It would be like going to a car dealership with 30k to buy a BMW, and the Kia guy across the road offering up their sedan for just 29k. I mean, listen they're both cars but yeah.

(proud kia owner over here, nothing against them)

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Probably because he's not really that good. If he were he wouldn't be flipping between Juve and Bayern every other year and would average more than 20 odd league games a season.
Coman is "not that good"? :lol:

Oh, ok. Look who's talking..

Well, you're tapping him up offering superstar wages, then be prepared to pay a superstar fee.
It's really that simple.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Probably because he's not really that good. If he were he wouldn't be flipping between Juve and Bayern every other year and would average more than 20 odd league games a season.
Yea you really don't know you anything about him other than looking at his profile on transfermarkt.

Silas

Wasn't there something about him considering retirement if he got injured again a year or so ago?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

Well, you're tapping him up offering superstar wages, then be prepared to pay a superstar fee.
It's really that simple.
If we're being fair, @Oranges038 clearly isn't the one tapping him up or offering him superstar wages.

Oranges038

It's really that simple.
Aye, well if i were tapping, him up he'd be paying €300 a year for subs €5 for every training seesion and €5 for the ref at the weekend. Wouldn't have much change left out of his superstar wages after that.

Yea you really don't know you anything about him other than looking at his profile on transfermarkt.
Nah, I've seen him play. Nothing overly special there if you ask me. He doesn't even seem like he wants to play football.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Coman is awesome. Not as good as Sancho but still an incredible player. €100m is too much though and Bayern knows that very well. Would love this to go through but I fear it won't be the case.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
What do you mean by that?

Oranges038

What do you mean by that?
It was the two year loan and eventual full transfer that I meant. Love how defensive German football fans get when someone questions the quality of a player in the league particularly a Bayern player. Must be all Bayern fans at heart.

He is more or less hit and miss in the same way as Martial, might have one or two good games and then not be seen for a few. He's 25 and has won almost everything in the game, but sometimes he looks like he doesn't even to want to be playing. Why would anyone want to sign him?

RkkMan

Coman is awesome. Not as good as Sancho but still an incredible player. €100m is too much though and Bayern knows that very well. Would love this to go through but I fear it won't be the case.
Why????

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Aye, well if i were tapping, him up he'd be paying €300 a year for subs €5 for every training seesion and €5 for the ref at the weekend. Wouldn't have much change left out of his superstar wages after that.
Ok, let's do the maths

38 games in the league, then let's say 6 CL games plus 6 EL games (don't see you in the final next year, no offense), 4 League Cup and 4 FA Cup games, is 58 games. Let's say for argument's sake he's subbed in each game.
Training sessions, let's say 5 a week for 48 weeks, it's 240.
"Ref at the weekend"? Whatever, another 58 games?

(58*300)+(240*5)+(58*5) = 18.890 €
Man United are offering him 8m € net per year

8.000.000€ - 18.890€ = 7.981.110 €

He would have 7.981.110€ left. You're a regular Adam Riese, aren't you.

Last edited:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
It was the two year loan and eventual full transfer that I meant. Love how defensive German football fans get when someone questions the quality of a player in the league particularly a Bayern player. Must be all Bayern fans at heart.

He is more or less hit and miss in the same way as Martial, might have one or two good games and then not be seen for a few. He's 25 and has won almost everything in the game, but sometimes he looks like he doesn't even to want to be playing. Why would anyone want to sign him?
This makes no sense, he is nothing like Martial and has never been. Coman has had only two issues in his career, injuries and end product, his game itself has always been consistent, he beats his opponents with ease and creates havoc.
As for the loan Juventus didn't use wingers and didn't need a 19 years old player that didn't fit their system but still wanted a relatively large fee(30m). Bayern took him on loan with an option to buy and never had any intention to let him leave, we are now 6 years after this and Bayern still want him.

Oranges038

This makes no sense, he is nothing like Martial and has never been. Coman has had only two issues in his career, injuries and end product, his game itself has always been consistent, he beats his opponents with ease and creates havoc.
As for the loan Juventus didn't use wingers and didn't need a 19 years old player that didn't fit their system but still wanted a relatively large fee(30m). Bayern took him on loan with an option to buy and never had any intention to let him leave, we are now 6 years after this and Bayern still want him.
Sounds a lot like Martial to me.

Ok, let's do the maths

38 games in the league, then let's say 6 CL games plus 6 EL games (don't see you in the final next year, no offense), 4 League Cup and 4 FA Cup games, is 58 games. Let's say for argument's sake he's subbed in each game.
Training sessions, let's say 5 a week for 48 weeks, it's 240.
"Ref at the weekend"? Whatever, another 58 games?

(58*300)+(240*5)+(58*5) = 18.890 €
Man United are offering him 8m € net per year

8.000.000€ - 18.890€ = 7.981.110 €

He would have 7.981.110€ left. You're a regular Adam Riese, aren't you.
It seems it is true about the lack of sense of humour.

JPRouve

Scout
Sounds a lot like Martial to me.
That's the opposite of Martial, Martial has been inconsistent in his game but a consistent scorer when you consider the amounts of minutes actually played, this season being the exception. With Coman you know exactly what he is going to give you, he does exactly what his coaches want as a traditional wide player, he stretches the field, supports his fullback and beat his man, you also know that for some reason he will create huge goalscoring opportunities for himself and manage to not score.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
That's the opposite of Martial, Martial has been inconsistent in his game but a consistent scorer when you consider the amounts of minutes actually played, this season being the exception. With Coman you know exactly what he is going to give you, he does exactly what his coaches want as a traditional wide player, he stretches the field, supports his fullback and beat his man, you also know that for some reason he will create huge goalscoring opportunities for himself and manage to not score.
Except when he does score :drool:

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
@JPRouve forgive me but I just realised today how you defend every French player or every French related aspect to the EU. I get it you love your country!

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
He was not flipping between Juve and Bayern. Your post was simply factual wrong.
And I have no problem with anybody questioning Coman‘s quality since I am not a big fan.

JPRouve

Scout
@JPRouve forgive me but I just realised today how you defend every French player or every French related aspect to the EU. I get it you love your country!
Actually I don't defend every french player, it just happens that people have the bad habit of saying things that are blatantly untrue and I'm familiar with certain french players because I have seen them play a lot. I react similarly to people writing nonsense about Rashford or McTominay. And there are many french players that I don't like or rate but I won't talk about them because no one cares or say anything about them anymore.

I also don't defend every french related aspect of the EU, you may have not noticed but I don't actually have a lot of positive things to say about french politicans or politics. In fact I don't remember defending a single french related aspect.

Oranges038

Again, aside from creating them himself sounds a lot like Martial.

The only thing consistent about Martial is his ability to be inconsistent in every aspect of his game. Same with Coman.

He was not flipping between Juve and Bayern. Your post was simply factual wrong.
And I have no problem with anybody questioning Coman‘s quality since I am not a big fan.
Yeah, I was been wrong about the intricacies of the deal.

JPRouve

Scout
Again, aside from creating them himself sounds a lot like Martial.

The only thing consistent about Martial is his ability to be inconsistent in every aspect of his game. Same with Coman.

Yeah, I was been wrong about the intricacies of the deal.
So outside of being different, they are the same.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
So outside of being different, they are the same.
From reading Martial might get to Benzema's level to "Coman isn't better than Martial", the heat is really getting to some of them :lol:
100M is too much for him only because of his injury record, otherwise he's a great player.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
From reading Martial might get to Benzema's level to "Coman isn't better than Martial", the heat is really getting to some of them :lol:
100M is too much for him only because of his injury record, otherwise he's a great player.
Coman leveraging United‘s interest to get higher wages. United using Coman‘s interest to put pressure on Dortmund.
Bayern ending both with „he would cost 100m and has a contract until 2023.“:lol:

Beachryan

Is there anything whatsoever in the last 3 seasons to suggest that he's worth the same/near to Sancho? I don't believe so.

That's why asking for the same price is ludicrous in my opinion.

I don't think that's particularly controversial.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Coman leveraging United‘s interest to get higher wages. United using Coman‘s interest to put pressure on Dortmund.
Bayern ending both with „he would cost 100m and has a contract until 2023.“:lol:
I wouldn't be so sure that it's the end.
Coman has hired Zahavi, and it does read like a similar situation like the Kroos negotiations after Götze was signed on far higher wages - he doesn't want less than what Sané is getting.
And considering how he has performed, especially how he has stepped up over the last 24 months and since Sané has joined as a competitor, I can't really blame him for that stance.
It's still too much money.
Sadly, Sancho doesn't seem to want to join Bayern and neither would I expect BVB to have given their famous gentleman's agreement to him, or to keep it, if he would. Else I wouldn't mind us untying this Gordian knot counterclockwise.