Klopp Confirmed Liverpool Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilcurt

Hats off to Liverpool. He is the very best manager they could have got and I must admit I'm quite jealous.

Hopefully from here on out I hope it goes tits up for them but do have a nagging suspicion that he will really move them forward.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
I'm not even mad, to be honest. Slightly annoyed but mostly curious.

justboy68

Don't know if this has been posted:

To those depressed souls just think about how much sweeter the tears will taste when it inevitably goes tits up for them as it always does!

LARulz

This is just so weird :lol: As it stands without him taking control of a match for them before it kicks in, I like the Liverpool manager more than ours :nervous:

Devil may care

We did finish 4th last season unlike Leicester or the likes. Fergie could still buy the best of British from the get go. Thats all you needed back then and thats what got us the first title to a large extent. You have bayern fans moaning about aspects of pep's decisions. Chelsea fans and Arsenal fans with there's. United fans under SAF the same. What you desire basically does not exist!
4th after spending the national debt of a small country is hardly something to crow about though. I don't see Arsenal fans moaning about the lack of quality in their football, simply that he neglects the team. What I want does exist, I've seen it and experienced it many seasons.

justboy68

Confirmed.

This is just so weird :lol: As it stands without him taking control of a match for them before it kicks in, I like the Liverpool manager more than ours :nervous:
Doesn't that picture alone already make it so much easier to hate him? You'll come around in no time once he's done the inevitable media introductions.

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
Klopp will change things massively if for no other reason than just being able to attract better players. Under Rodgers, we couldn't attract great players which meant we didn't really improve and failed with even more targets as no one was that interested in playing for us.
Klopp will attract better players, therefore hopefully making us more successful and then able to attract even better again. Exciting times ahead I feel

LARulz

Doesn't that picture alone already make it so much easier to hate him? You'll come around in no time once he's done the inevitable media introductions.
To be fair, I hadn't seen the picture till now. I tried to avoid going into this thread/reading sports pages since Rodgers got sacked knowing the inevitable was coming.

Mister_Stubbs

And yet we still ponder the idea of giving Ryan Giggs the job.. After LVG it needs to be Pep or someone of that ilk. Liverpool have got themselves a top notch manager.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Shame on you Kloppo, there goes my closet love for you.

cnut, never liked him anyway, he's shit anyway, hate him anyway.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
I was so hoping Brendan could take average players and make them into half decent ones with the use of fit for purpose tactics. And for a period he did. But then he was kidnapped by aliens and replaced with a made-in-China replica. Brendan should have become a Klopp-lite.

Can't wait to see what Klopp and his mates can do with the likes of Can, Ibe, Origi, Ings and Benteke.

Skills

Snitch
Already looks like a twat. Must be a prerequisite for managing Liverpool.

Skills

Snitch
I was so hoping Brendan could take average players and make them into half decent ones with the use of fit for purpose tactics. And for a period he did. But then he was kidnapped by aliens and replaced with a made-in-China replica. Brendan should have become a Klopp-lite.

Can't wait to see what Klopp and his mates can do with the likes of Can, Ibe, Origi, Ings and Benteke.
Apart from transfer list them?

Sparky Rhiwabon

He's going to be on huge wages.

Top four must be the minimum expectation for him this year, otherwise - like our Davey Moyes - he will surely have to go.

Canuckred64

Klopp will change things massively if for no other reason than just being able to attract better players. Under Rodgers, we couldn't attract great players which meant we didn't really improve and failed with even more targets as no one was that interested in playing for us.
Klopp will attract better players, therefore hopefully making us more successful and then able to attract even better again. Exciting times ahead I feel
I think you are wrong. Liverpool will struggle to attract top players because of it's location and the lack of Champions League football. Top players and espeially their wives have no desire to live and work any where near cities like Liverpool. It's tough enough to get players to come to Manchester even with Champions league football and the wages we pay. London is the only real draw in England.

Throw in the philosophy of FSG to only buy young inexpensive versatile players with good sell on value and the wages Liverpool pay and I think you still struggle to attract top players. I still think Suarez goes to Barcelona, Sterling goes to City and Sanchez picks Arsenal even if Klopp was the manager.

It will be interesting to see if Dortmund's current and past players such as Reus, Hummels and Götze follow Klopp to Liverpool and whether Liverpool will pay the transfer fees and wages that they will demand.

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
One of my worries is that he'll elevate the standard of player they can attract because Klopp will have decent pull. It's a good step by Liverpool, the bastards.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Who did achieve more: Fergie at Aberdeen or Klopp at Dortmund?
Fergie. 3 league titles, 4 FA cups, 1 league cup, European cup winners cup and the supercup. And a league title at St Mirren the year before joining Aberdeen. Good haul. Klopp only has 2 league titles and the Pokal, plus the German equivalent of the community shield.

Skywarden

Top four must be the minimum expectation for him this year, otherwise - like our Davey Moyes - he will surely have to go.
He's not going to naively agree with such demands though is he? Would be utterly foolish thing to do.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Quality appointment by Liverpool, big upgrade on Rodgers.

Luckily for us they simply don't have the same pull or resources as the current top four so will struggle to overtake any of them in the long term. They could well see immediate success with Klopp taking advantage of Chelsea's implosion to deliver a top four place this season but that will only last as long as Chelsea are in trouble. If they get their act together again next season then Liverpool would drop out.

Liverpool's best chance in the long term will come from either us or Arsenal screwing up our next managerial appointment, not from anything Klopp really does.

royboy16

The moon gave me flowers for funerals to come.
What a ridiculous coup. The Liverpool players must be so shot at mentally having worked under that clown Brendan, and I fear that Klopp is literally the best manager they could get, bar none. He's such a motivational and inspiring manager, they'll love playing under him. I can see players like Coutinho and Sturridge really becoming brilliant.
They are already very good :cool:

Raw

I doubt it, he'll need more time. If I were a Liverpool fan I would be happy for him to sort out the mess of the squad and finish in the top 6, then give him a summer to improve the squad and aim for top 4. Though by then England might not even have 4 CL spots!

The Law of Denis

Great appointment from Liverpool. He is the perfect manager to give them a proper identity, bring in their youth and establish a solid basis for the future. Short term he also knows how to win trophies. I think he is their best appointment since Beneitz the first time round - Klopp though has a much better attitude and personality. I think he will be very good for them and if given time he will certainly leave them a much better team. I can honestly see him staying for a few years before moving on to become Germany's manager.

I must ask, how many of us would swap LvG for Klopp?

Revan

Assumptionman
Very unhappy for this. Klopp is my favorite manager and was my first choice to replace Fergie and Moyes.

Would be very surprised if he is not a relative success there. Will expect Liverpool to at least challenge for top 4 this and the following season. If they backed him like they did with Rodgers, then I think they'll challenge for the trophies soon enough.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
He's probably going to sign a pre-contract with Gundogan this January and look for Reus if they qualify for the CL. Not sure if there's anyone else from his time at Dortmund worth exploring further, I don't think Hummels would go there.

Status
Not open for further replies.