Klopp post-match meltdown

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Klopp is is a bitter, sore loser which is a common denominator amongst the very greatest of people. Nothing to see here.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I don’t understand this whole argument really. Rotate and use what you have, we are getting called out yet we are also hit with injuries etc. I would be livid if we were holding on for a result against a top side and then they fetch on more £50M+ game changers from the bench.
It just tarnishes the integrity of the game for me if players drop like flies due to injury which could be avoided if they just allowed more subs. I would assume here neutrals like seeing a season where most teams have more fit players to select.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
Interviewer went into that interview with a mission. Obvious as feck that after Klopp attacked Sky and BT last week he wanted to correct the narrative that broadcasters are to blame otherwise he would not have been banging about the "The Premiere League picks the spot". Obviously in the bigger picture everyone is to blame as the clubs and the PL are greedy for money and the broadcaster are trying to milk everything but Klopps (and the other managers) point is about the specific CL team playing at saturday 12:30am point which is fair enough I think.
Anyways, as an observer these season ongoing meltdowns are quite fun to watch although i don`t really sympathize with the likes of sky and BT. Also given that know-it-all appearance of the interviewer I can´t really blame Klopp for being annoyed about it right after the match.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
And he's right in what he's saying. I loved to laugh at Rafa and when Rogers but Klopp isn't saying too much wrong here.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
The fact that clubs in European competition are kicking off at 12:30 on a Saturday is complete lunacy.

It's a shit time for football anyway

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I don’t understand this whole argument really. Rotate and use what you have, we are getting called out yet we are also hit with injuries etc. I would be livid if we were holding on for a result against a top side and then they fetch on more £50M+ game changers from the bench.
What if a team you were playing against went down to 10 men and then you could still bring on 5 subs?

It’s absurd to look at the price tag of a player.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I like how he starts the interview so calm and collected, so sure of himself, then gradually begins to lose his patience the more the interviewer presses him, inadvertently (or perhaps intentionally?) waking the beast within.

His laughably false demeanour can only take so much strain before it cracks and the real Klopp reveals himself.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Interviewer went into that interview with a mission. Obvious as feck that after Klopp attacked Sky and BT last week he wanted to correct the narrative that broadcasters are to blame otherwise he would not have been banging about the "The Premiere League picks the spot". Obviously in the bigger picture everyone is to blame as the clubs and the PL are greedy for money and the broadcaster are trying to milk everything but Klopps (and the other managers) point is about the specific CL team playing at saturday 12:30am point which is fair enough I think.
Anyways, as an observer these season ongoing meltdowns are quite fun to watch although i don`t really sympathize with the likes of sky and BT. Also given that know-it-all appearance of the interviewer I can´t really blame Klopp for being annoyed about it right after the match.
Don't you think the TV companies are the easy target as managers know if they criticise the PL they will be up on a charge. It is the PL who need to alter their scheduling, but they don't give a toss about the CL/EL. The PL don't even care about the players as long as they are pulling the money in.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I like how he starts the interview so calm and collected, so sure of himself, then gradually begins to lose his patience the more the interviewer presses him, inadvertently (or perhaps intentionally?) waking the beast within.

His laughably false demeanour can only take so much strain before it cracks and the real Klopp reveals himself.
It was churlish to be so sarcastic when asked about the hamstring injury. But good TV.

Nothing beats Keegan though.:lol:

dal

The interviewer should have said “if you wanted to save Robbie then why did you play him?”

That is the crux of the matter. Please don’t say you care about the players, because it’s all about results.

Red00012

As funny as it was, I still get where he was coming from. We might be hearing Ole having a similar meltdown soon so I can't enjoy it fully.

Did bloody laugh though.
Ole already had a moan after coming from Turkey Wednesday and playing Everton Saturday morning

Needham

Interviewer was a bit out of line imo. Surprised Klopp put up with him for as long as he did.
Yeah he had that insufferable narky wronged tone throughout. Klopp gave him the benefit of a long response, albeit a sputtering one. Personally can't stand it when journalists get defensive on behalf of their profession if they feel it's been slighted. Smacks of paranoia and retroactive justification, as well as projecting self importance for their inessential nosey prissy job, which involves getting up, going to ths match, and sticking a microphone up a manager's nose. Kelly will be dining out on back slaps from his tabloid chums. On the other hand Klopp has had a bit of a mare, that won't cost me sleep.

Guy Incognito

No meltdown there.

He's right about the circumstances being different now and the league should stop spreading out fixtures. But money talks.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Ole already had a moan after coming from Turkey Wednesday and playing Everton Saturday morning
You could say the difference is that he said it off a good United win, so people will say Klopp is throwing his toys out of the pram because the result didn't go how he wanted. The PL really does need a rethink.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
Don't you think the TV companies are the easy target as managers know if they criticise the PL they will be up on a charge. It is the PL who need to alter their scheduling, but they don't give a toss about the CL/EL. The PL don't even care about the players as long as they are pulling the money in.
Generally yes, but given that the general scheduling slots were fixed in pre-season times, the only actor that can change something within that framework are the broadcasters who pick their games. I mean, I completely understand why the broadcasters do as they do but I also understand why Ole or Klopp criticize them as they`re the only ones that can influence that right now.
Also I don`t think managers are worried to critize the PL, Klopp and Pep specifically have been moaning for years that there is no proper winter break.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Can't say he's wrong tbh. Ole said the same recently. Playing on the Saturday morning slot after CL midweek is crazy, especially after a Wednesday game.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
The 3 subs maximum rule effects all clubs in equal measure, so any argument against the rule (or blaming said rule on his side dropping points this afternoon like Klopp just did) loses all merit. Similar to Ole last week when he tried to blame the lack of fans in the stadium for the United's poor performances.

It's just whining for the sake of whining.

billdrama

I think it was quite a good interview really. It was fair for the reporter to challenge Klopp on certain aspects but Klopp seemed to engage with the arguments and responded with some detail.

The thing with the Crystal Palace V Liverpool game in December is there's a full Premier League midweek beforehand so unless they get rid of Saturday 12.30 completely then one team was going to have to play Wednesday and then Saturday 12.30.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
It was unfair of Klopp to try and show the interviewer up as if he’s the face of the entire media. He was a being a bit of a twat to him on tv and got a good argument back, which was nice to see rather than him just accepting it and moving on.

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
What if a team you were playing against went down to 10 men and then you could still bring on 5 subs?

It’s absurd to look at the price tag of a player.
In our case (or others around us), it wouldn’t change much.

Ollie Derbyshire

If Klopp has real concerns about player injuries etc he should rotate his squad simple as, same for any other manager as well. No point complaining about the fixture list, it is what it is, so get on with it.

I really hope Ole doesn’t mention it again, the top sides all have deep enough squads to manage it, if they don’t trust some of the players in their squad then that’s no one else’s fault, or problem, than theirs.

None of the managers would have been complaining when the TV money for these time slots came in/comes in. Either stop being greedy or do a deal and give some back so the broadcasters agree to show the lesser games in that slot instead.

In terms of the 5 sub rule, this should be brought back in as if I remember correctly it is a rule in all or most off the other top leagues this year so is only hindering our sides.

If some clubs don’t want the 5 sub rule cause it gives the bigger teams more of an advantage, if the big teams only want it for player safety, make 2 of the subs have to be home grown or come from the u23’s or whatever might work.

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
The 3 subs maximum rule effects all clubs in equal measure, so any argument against the rule (or blaming said rule on his side dropping points this afternoon like Klopp just did) loses all merit. Similar to Ole last week when he tried to blame the lack of fans in the stadium for the United's poor performances.

It's just whining for the sake of whining.
I think it was Pep last week who was complaining about not being able to use 5 subs yet only actually used 2 in the game.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Is anyone actually enjoying these matches with knackered players? I think Klopp handled that interview well.

It's staggering that 5 subs & later kick-offs after European matches hasn't been introduced this season of all seasons.

Ollie Derbyshire

Is anyone actually enjoying these matches with knackered players? I think Klopp handled that interview well.

It's staggering that 5 subs & later kick-offs after European matches hasn't been introduced this season of all seasons.
They have 25 players to choose from.

bsCallout

To be fair, Klopp's points are far more pertinent than those of the reporter.

It's completely insane that we don't have 5 subs and are asking clubs who are in Euopre to play in the earliest fixture on a Saturday. Especially when you've got WBA-SU this evening.

It's all very amusing because it's fecked Pool today, but that could easily be us one week and we'd be making the same points.
You're missing the point as much as Klopp.

The reporter isn't saying it isn't fair, he is saying it isn't down the broadcasters. Klopp was blaming him, representing the broadcasters.

The clubs and the PL vote on these rules, they approve schedules etc. The broadcasters propose and receive approval. It is up to the clubs and the PL to reject those proposals.

Klopp needs to address this with his own CEO's, the managers from other clubs such as those who rejected the 5 sub rule etc. Not have a strop with broadcasters who have very little to do with it other than paying Liverpool fortunes.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin

Well, no, he didn't handle it well at all, Brighton was in the same boat this afternoon as they were allowed only three subs too, but you didn't hear Graham Potter whining about it.

bsCallout

You could say the difference is that he said it off a good United win, so people will say Klopp is throwing his toys out of the pram because the result didn't go how he wanted. The PL really does need a rethink.
No, the difference is Klopp blamed the broadcasters, which is daft. Ole simply stated the fact that the scheduling is ridiculous.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Weird one. The interviewer did well but I agree with Klopp too. Not allowing 5 subs is ridiculous

patty123

Can one of the sites few pool fans answer this one for me , back in the 70's early 80's balls were heavier, tackles well the current lot be retired, klopp whines about the amount of games been played, Kenny Daglish averaged 65/72 games a season for 14, yeah thats FOURTEEN years straight as did most of that team he was in and they were only one sub allowed with a core squad of 14/15 top players where as klopp has 25, never once heard the team nor Bob whine like the current team and klopp and they were in all 4 comps, whats the difference ? what makes this worse than when kenny and co were just getting on with it and never complained?

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
To be honest, my main takeaway there was the interviewer coming across like a bit of a knob

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I think it was Pep last week who was complaining about not being able to use 5 subs yet only actually used 2 in the game.
It's ridiculous if you ask me.

Of all the things to be complaining about right now, the allotted number of usable subs in a football match is right at the bottom of the list. These managers should consider the situation a little more before throwing out sob stories, they're lucky to be playing games at all given the state of things.

Whatever happened to playing the hand you're dealt without whining about it?

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
What he must to do to get a ban. Clapping to ref was for ban.
Then he says; "they call offside if badge is in offside". He is trying to say that it is only against Liverpool?