Klopp post-match meltdown

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
I still wouldn’t regard his subs use and lack of use as reasonable.

There was absolutely no reason to bring on Salah when 4-0 up against Palace yesterday. He wasn’t coming back from injury where he needed some minutes. He wasn’t coming on to help the team win or get a draw.

There was simply no rational reason to bring him on with such a busy schedule ahead and then complain about not having the ability to make more subs.
The rational reason was Mané got a rest, Salah has always thrived when given playing time. Since signing in 2017 he’s barely missed a league game. Presumably the fitness team help with these calls.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Who asks you to feel sorry for him? And he, like every other manager, will make subs when he feels they will either give his team better chances to win or the game is in the bag. The only other case is to replace an injured player. It's actually quite simple. And having 5 subs available is a great insurance for injuries in particular.
You obviously don't get it. Klopp has been whining for 5 subs yet rarely uses 3. If he used all of his subs perhaps people would be more willing to listen to his whining...

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Klopp is not expecting sympathy. He’s making a point which many others agree with him on - including the Utd manager.

The broader point isn’t about substitute use in individual games. It’s the bigger picture. A brief pre-season followed by intense fixtures leads to lots of soft-tissue injuries. A third into the season and you can’t utilise your bench because you’re down to the bare bones. You’re then in a situation where using subs weakens your team so you’re reluctant to do so.
Believe it or not but I'm on board with the 5 subs. I just think he's being an idiot for whining about not being allowed to do 5 subs when he rarely uses 3. And he complains about player burn out yet brings in Salah when up 4-0??? As for the amount of games, he had more last year if you look at Sept, Oct, Nov and Dec. The only difference is that his lack of rotation up front and in the back (he rotates his midfled) has finally caught up to him. He's been lucky not to have injuries to those 7 players for long periods in previous 2 seasons.

georgipep

You obviously don't get it. Klopp has been whining for 5 subs yet rarely uses 3. If he used all of his subs perhaps people would be more willing to listen to his whining...
I definitely get it. And he's not the only one "whining". Ole, Lampard and Guardiola did it too. Because it makes sense, regardless if you use all your subs in every game or not. It's the option to be able to make 5 subs, not making it every single time. I think you don't get it.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
I definitely get it. And he's not the only one "whining". Ole, Lampard and Guardiola did it too. Because it makes sense, regardless if you use all your subs in every game or not. It's the option to be able to make 5 subs, not making it every single time. I think you don't get it.
I totally get it. It's you who obviously doesn't and either does he if the only time he's going to use his 3 subs is in games that he's up 4 goals. You have a squad for a reason. Ole and Lampard can complain about only having 3 subs because most of the time they use them all. Klopp used none against Tottenham. He complained about players like Salah getting burned out and brings him off the bench in a game where they are up 4-0. Use all your subs available and give fringe players a run in games that are out of hand and perhaps people will take him more seriously. Like I said before, I'm in favour of the 5 subs. I just think it's a joke that he's whinging yet not using the subs he has available to him...

georgipep

I totally get it. It's you who obviously doesn't and either does he if the only time he's going to use his 3 subs is in games that he's up 4 goals. You have a squad for a reason. Ole and Lampard can complain about only having 3 subs because most of the time they use them all. Klopp used none against Tottenham. He complained about players like Salah getting burned out and brings him off the bench in a game where they are up 4-0. Use all your subs available and give fringe players a run in games that are out of hand and perhaps people will take him more seriously. Like I said before, I'm in favour of the 5 subs. I just think it's a joke that he's whinging yet not using the subs he has available to him...
Do you realize that Ole hasn't used all his subs in all games too? Same with Guardiola? It's a choice, not an obligation.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
How are people calling him a fraud? If Klopp was at United he’d be able to win us the league with our set of players.
It was only one person tbf.

OoopsMisclick

Hopefully we see another meltdown...
Maybe he can claim that UTD gets too many free kicks.

My body is ready, bring on the salty tears.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Beautiful to see Liverpool go out having put a proper team out for once.

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
His next meltdown could be epic if Ole sends out his first 11 and finishes Liverpool’s top 4 hopes.

Im sure there is a psychopath hiding behind those glasses, cap and gnashers.

Dan_F

His next meltdown could be epic if Ole sends out his first 11 and finishes Liverpool’s top 4 hopes.

Im sure there is a psychopath hiding behind those glasses, cap and gnashers.
Let’s hope its by way of a 50/50 penalty decision.

weltcheftrainer

Supports
schalke
He is known for this stuff. Unfortunately it is actively overlooked. Maybe he has no real friend who tells him the truth.