Klopp post-match meltdown

Irrational.

Thought this deserves its own thread.

This is the first time I’ve seen an interviewer have him on the back foot and call him out on his moaning.

Hoping someone can post the clip as it was gold.

Edit: Interview thanks to @Jacko21

Last edited:

Judas

Open to offers
As funny as it was, I still get where he was coming from. We might be hearing Ole having a similar meltdown soon so I can't enjoy it fully.

Did bloody laugh though.

HJ12

Any mention of the Salah strop when he got subbed?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It was quite amazing as the interviewer really went after him and argued the toss.

Fergie would have given him a right serve and stormed off.

I can't stand Klopp and his antics but fair play for just about remaining calm and not smashing him!

Irrational.

As funny as it was, I still get where he was coming from. We might be hearing Ole having a similar meltdown soon so I can't enjoy it fully.

Did bloody laugh though.
This was the Ole rant on steroids though. He completely lost his head. :lol:

AFC NimbleThumb

I genuinely can’t take the guy seriously, too top manager but think his antics would be viewed so differently if he wasn’t managing that lot.

Where can I skip to to view the meltdown at peak as I can’t do 8 minutes of him.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Sounded like 2 old pissheads arguing in the pub. Both of them came across as muppets I thought.

He'sRaldo

Thought this deserves its own thread.

This is the first time I’ve seen an interviewer have him on the back foot and call him out on his moaning.

Hoping someone can post the clip as it was gold.

Edit: Interview thanks to @Jacko21

That was underwhelming, it sounds more like the interviewer melted down rather than Klopp.

Klopp sounded normal to me. Expected more.

acnumber9

I don’t think it’s all that bad really. He does actually seem like he’s listening to the argument put forward at least.

gajender

Where was the meltdown honestly Klopp was quite calm in the Interview.

DRM

Sounded like 2 old pissheads arguing in the pub. Both of them came across as muppets I thought.
My thoughts exactly. I found the reporters tone rather condensending actually. I felt Jürgen handled it well, he maybe wasn't able to express himself well but I put that down to English being his 2nd language

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
To be fair, Klopp's points are far more pertinent than those of the reporter.

It's completely insane that we don't have 5 subs and are asking clubs who are in Euopre to play in the earliest fixture on a Saturday. Especially when you've got WBA-SU this evening.

It's all very amusing because it's fecked Pool today, but that could easily be us one week and we'd be making the same points.

RedDevilRoshi

I don’t see any meltdown at all from either the interviewer or Klopp. Both had strong arguments

Credit to the interviewer for not letting his guard down as he kept coming back at Klopp.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Am I the only who thinks that the points he's brought up are legit concerns?

I wonder how Fergie would've dealt with the fixture congestion of this season? Then again, Fergie once played a midfield of Rafael, Fabio, Gibson and John O'Shea and beat Arsenal 2-0. :lol:

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Wasn't a meltdown really.

Klopp started off being a bit chippy with the interviewer, the interviewer then stood his ground on the kick-off timing stuff, then Klopp went into more detail about his (valid) complaints.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur

It's completely insane that we don't have 5 subs and are asking clubs who are in Euopre to play in the earliest fixture on a Saturday. Especially when you've got WBA-SU this evening.

It's all very amusing because it's fecked Pool today, but that could easily be us one week and we'd be making the same points.
It's not really though. The reporters point isn't that BT are unilaterally making decisions on broadcasting, it's that they've chosen those slots and timings in advance with the PL. For Klopp to then go after a specific broadcaster is a bit strange and, as he says, not the right target.

Let's also be fair and say that clubs (and fans of those clubs) constantly moan about the broadcasters while gaining huge advantages from their presence.

I don't really think he broke down, albeit was still funny to watch. But I really dislike the way he swipes at Wilder there, not the first time he's done something like that either.

Fridge chutney

It was quite amazing as the interviewer really went after him and argued the toss.

Fergie would have given him a right serve and stormed off.

I can't stand Klopp and his antics but fair play for just about remaining calm and not smashing him!
Yeah agreed. I agree with Klopp on this. But the interviewer was also right.

HJ12

Interviewer was a bit out of line imo. Surprised Klopp put up with him for as long as he did.

acnumber9

Am I the only who thinks that the points he's brought up are legit concerns?

I wonder how Fergie would've dealt with the fixture congestion of this season? Then again, Fergie once played a midfield of Rafael, Fabio, Gibson and John O'Shea and beat Arsenal 2-0. :lol:
They are and they aren’t for me. Yes, the schedule is shit and too much is asked of players but the managers are the ones choosing to select them. He didn’t have to play Robertson today. The left back he signed in the summer was more expensive than anybody Brighton bought this summer. If you can’t use him in those games, when can you use him?

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Klopp finding out today from VAR what happens when you bite the hand that feeds you...?

He has a point, but it's just all about the money and the owners will be very happy with the money, rather than taking a financial hit and sorting the fixture schedule out to prevent injuries.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Klopp handled this interview extremely well, the thread title is misleading.

I liked how he name dropped Chris Wilder as the manager opposing 5 subs :lol:

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I usually find Klopp quite irritating in post-matches but I don't see much wrong with that. The interviewer sounds quite exasperated without much provocation, and Klopp stays fairly calm. Klopp's argument is basically the same as Ole's from a few weeks ago. A saturday lunchtime away game after a CL game on wednesday is poor planning.

It seemed like the interviewer wanted to get Klopp to react, and he didn't. Crouch, Cole and Humphrey looked dumbfounded when it cut back to them.

Oggmonster

Interviewer was a bit out of line imo. Surprised Klopp put up with him for as long as he did.
Dunno, Klopp was clearly being a bit confrontational with the "congratulations" "you picked this" etc. Don't see why interviewers should have to put up with shit off managers all the time, especially when he's right, if the PL had a problem with it then the clubs should of objected to it but didn't. Managers and football clubs pity parties at the moment get really tiresome for me though.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands

It was us last time wasn't it?

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
haha, it was. I thought it was quite well snuck in :lol: The 3 sub rule is a pile of wank to be honest, absolute stupidity.
I don’t understand this whole argument really. Rotate and use what you have, we are getting called out yet we are also hit with injuries etc. I would be livid if we were holding on for a result against a top side and then they fetch on more £50M+ game changers from the bench.

Member 90887

Chris wilder's quotes :

"He’s a world-class manager and a world-class politician, who cares about Liverpool," he said. "That’s all he cares about.

"He was never going to say what about Sheffield United getting their fans back in or Newcastle or Man City or Man United or anybody else. He’s a world-class politician.

"I know his background on support and how much Anfield has been a fortress. The Liverpool support is magnificent, I know it is because my old man is from that part of the world.

"I know he’s been vocal on that and Jurgen isn’t going to say it’s not right that they can have fans in as they’re in tier two and Sheffield United, Leeds, Manchester and all the rest of the north are not allowed in.

"It was funny looking at that map, wasn’t it? Shock! I think us in the north were fully expecting us to be in the old tier three as they kindly put us in."

"Cards on the table, he’s going to look after his own club," said the Blades boss. "I’ve got incredible respect for these top managers because they produce top results and win things.

"But they’re selfish, they look after their own clubs. They’re not going to be bothered about Sheffield United, they’re not going to be bothered about England.

"They’re going to be bothered about Liverpool, Man City and Chelsea, which I understand and respect. I would be the same, but I’m bothered about Sheffield United and it doesn’t help us to have five subs.

Dominos

Those last 5 minutes it felt like they forgot it was an interview and just started arguing :lol: