Klopp post-match meltdown

mu4c_20le

Fergie was never a good loser either. He called a referee fat. Liverpool is in this situation because Van Dijk was kicked off the pitch. I prefer a manager who shows his emotions.
Did Fergie also throw around false claims? Because Klopp got fact checked by the BBC

Wilkohler

Supports
Union Berlin
What did Chris Wilder do? :lol:

I know he called Klopp selfish or something but I assume there's more to it the way Klopp kept dropping his name?

But the Robertson but saddened me. If he was taken off, I'd have my fantasy league clean sheet.
I think when they went to vote in the managers meeting for five subs, Wilder voted against saying that it only benefits the big clubs . Sheffield Utd will be relegated with Wilder in charge

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I get the point he's making but would counter. Liverpool play Ajax on Tuesday so a game on Sunday would have been worse. The real culprit is UEFA for scheduling two games in six days, not the PL. Wed-Sat-Tue is better than Wed-Sun-Tue imo.
I think just the earliness of the game is the problem... I think if they were playing at any of the other kick off times - whilst not perfect - would be much better.

Tarrou

I can't stand Klopp but that's pretty tenuous.
He was saying congrats to the tv for the scheduling. Wrongly so yes, but of course it's not to some random interviewer.

whether its a direct insult or insulting the employer (in a massively cnutish tone lets be fair), the guy is going to fight back - its his job to get a reaction

I feel the interviewer was well within rights to have a go back there, but respect your opinion if you disagree

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Yeah, he was very reasonable about all those decisions. More than most managers would be.

Klopp’s an odd one. He’s a Liverpool manager so I really want to hate him. But I’ve nothing but respect for him. As a manager and a person. Wish he was in charge at our club. C’est la vie.

EDIT: As in, wish Woodward hadn’t fecked up his “Disneyland” project and Klopp had never gone to the scousers.
Best manager in the world, for me. And also must be a dream for any Club owners in the world. Never complain, just get on with the squad and get result.

If I were CLub owner, I'd try to get my hands on him whatever it takes. He's worth even Mbappe money for me.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Just imagine if he got some of the decisions that fecked City last season against him...

automaticflare

Toss pot.

meh was completely condescending to the interviewer.

milner hamstring?

yes, congratulations!!

what the hell was that all about. Interviewer was right to push back and I thought he did well.

I also thought Ole rant against Everton was also embarrassing but in a different way.

bloody babies

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Yeah exactly this. He tried to make the guy look a fool and wasn't expecting to get shit back. He has a point but it was poorly directed.
He's German trying to speak English. In my experience, Germans can be rather blunt? I don't know. The fact that English is not his mother tongue should be noted.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Toss pot.

meh was completely condescending to the interviewer.

milner hamstring?

yes, congratulations!!

what the hell was that all about. Interviewer was right to push back and I thought he did well.

I also thought Ole rant against Everton was also embarrassing but in a different way.

bloody babies
To be honest the interviewer was being disingenuous by suggesting the broadcaster has no say in the schedule and isn't a major factor in why it is how it is.

Also to suggest complaining to the board is the best channel as if media comments have no baring on the situation was another rather odd suggestion from the interviewer.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
He's German trying to speak English. In my experience, Germans can be rather blunt? I don't know. The fact that English is not his mother tongue should be noted.
They can be, but I mean more that he directed it at that guy and tried to make him look bad though.

Josep Dowling

He would have demanded Howard Webb to ref our matches.

But seriously though, I get Klopp's point. At least swap the Sheffield v West Brom match to give Liverpool that rest as they played in Europe.
Do you honestly think 8 hours is going to make that much difference? He wouldn’t be saying anything if they were winning every game. And that’s my problem with Klopp. He’s taking this stance that he speaks for the Premier League clubs but he only speaks out now Liverpool are getting affected.

Paxi

He uses Robertson in his example, of how much he needed a rest and complains about the 5 subs.

5 subs is absolutely a disadvantage to Wilder who is really struggling without O’Connell and Fleck, never mind having to compete with sides that can bring more world class players off the bench.

If poor “Robbo” needed a rest and it is “dangerous” to play at this time, he should have played the fit left back that he had on his own bench from the start and used his squad like other managers are having to do.
Just right mate; an example. There is absolutely nothing to suggest that 5 subs are better for top teams. In fact, as I'm sure you know, it is an old age debate whether too many subs disrupt pattern of play. It's a thought that holds little water.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Hendo seems to think someone kicking a player's foot in the box being given as a pen is "baffling".

The argument seems to be that if you kick someone so quickly that the ref misses it on first view that somehow it's not a pen. That's weird logic.
It's hilarious. I genuinely can't believe the outrage, they seem annoyed at VAR catching them rather than it not being a foul. They keep saying it's soft.. well how many soft pens have they had over the last 2 years?! it stinks of entitlement.

Paxi

They can be, but I mean more that he directed it at that guy and tried to make him look bad though.
I love nothing more than laughing at Liverpool but this is nonsensical. The interviewer challenges Klopp like some fecking FM-know-it-all. Imagine if he said to Sir Alex? I think the interviewer made an absolute dick of himself.

Paxi

I think just the earliness of the game is the problem... I think if they were playing at any of the other kick off times - whilst not perfect - would be much better.
There is also a sense of dismay at PL. Relative leagues across Europe actively help their participants. Of course its a fecking mistery when you have to play at 12:30

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Do you honestly think 8 hours is going to make that much difference? He wouldn’t be saying anything if they were winning every game. And that’s my problem with Klopp. He’s taking this stance that he speaks for the Premier League clubs but he only speaks out now Liverpool are getting affected.
Ideally it would be longer but 8 hours is better than nothing.

Not a fan of Klopp but to be fair to him, he has said this before and even echoed OGS when we were being affected by it a few weeks back.

sugar_kane

Apologies if it’s been stated already but having watched the interview just now (all 8 fecking minutes of it) it’s the journalist who has the meltdown not Klopp

Yeah the “congratulations” quip was pretty stupid but it’s the interviewer who then proceeds to piss his pants while Klopp remains relatively calm until the close of the segment.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I love nothing more than laughing at Liverpool but this is nonsensical. The interviewer challenges Klopp like some fecking FM-know-it-all. Imagine if he said to Sir Alex? I think the interviewer made an absolute dick of himself.
It’s not nonsensical. He tried to out-alpha him, being in the dominant position as the big famous manager guy, and he got shit back. Not a massive deal, but he shouldn’t have tried to give the interviewer shit for really quite mundane questions.

It was only then that the interviewer lost his shit a bit, but I’m all for it. You can’t personally attack him and try to make him look a twat, which Klopp was clearly intent on doing from the very start with his childish approach to the questions.

Last edited:

Paxi

It’s not nonsensical. He tried to out-alpha him, being in the dominant position as the big famous manager guy and he got shit back. Not a massive deal, but he shouldn’t have tried to give the interviewer shit for really quite mundane questions.
He got shit back which was largely on point; correct another words. Im really struggling to see where Klopp looks like an idiot here. Trust me when I say this, I take nothing but pleasure at laughing at these cnuts but Klopp is good here.

In fact, I find the interviewer deliberately obtuse here as he says that BT have nothing to do with fixtures when it's just not true. Sky, BT et al fight tooth and nail over rights after securing their allotted amount of games. The guy who is interviewing him should know this or else he's just straight up lying. Of course Liverpool have signed up to this but the point is BT know and Klopp is right.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
He got shit back which was largely on point; correct another words. Im really struggling to see where Klopp looks like an idiot here. Trust me when I say this, I take nothing but pleasure at laughing at these cnuts but Klopp is good here.

In fact, I find the interviewer deliberately obtuse here as he says that BT have nothing to do with fixtures when it's just not true. Sky, BT et al fight tooth and nail over rights after securing their allotted amount of games. The guy who is interviewing him should know this or else he's just straight up lying. Of course Liverpool have signed up to this but the point is BT know and Klopp is right.
The interviewer asked mundane questions and Klopp was being a baby with him from the start. He didn’t expect the interviewer to come back with anything other than more shit questions so he thought he was safe to act like that.

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
The difference between Ole and Klopp is that Ole was talking about flying from Turkey on Thursday morning to play again in the PL 48 hours later.

Liverpool played at home on Wednesday before travelling to Brighton today. That's not that unusual.

AlexUTD

Klopp aint wrong about how stupid it is to not use 5 subs in PL.

And about the early games on saturday when you played in europe a couple of days before.

In other countries they let the teams in europe play sunday evenings while the PL seems to want to sabotage the english teams. So weird.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

This exchange makes him look worse than the other one, I think.

Gasolin

The only thing that matters is that Liverpool didn't win the 3 pts because it's a game of details and this time, the details were not in their favor.
And then we can stop hearing the BS that Klopp and Liverpool are so nice because they can swap players with youngsters and still win, while Ole and United are poor because we do the same but it doesn't work out.

No, Klopp and Liverpool were lucky that all the details were generally in their favor in the last 2 years, and this time around, with many injuries, the means are going to revert back to normal, hopefully, and make everyone see for who they really are.

While the details could go in our favor this season.

POF

The interviewer made him look a right mug. Klopp threw in his "congratulations" remark and got embarrassed.

The interviewer had a good point. TV money is supporting the game at the moment. Klopp wouldn't be earning his millions without it.

I agree with the point about teams away in Europe and the 12.30 Saturday kick off (Liverpool weren't even away) but the interviewer was completely right. If they want that outlawed, get it outlawed in the agreement.

It might mean the rights for that slot are worth less but if that's what everyone wants, then it's the price to be paid.

RashyForPM

He had a go at him because Klopp said "congratulations" when the journalist said Milner was injured

if Klopp is going to insult the guy what do we expect? It's fair if you ask me

I doubt Fergie would've said anything like that, he wouldn't do it unprovoked that's for sure
After the 2011 CL final, Fergie replied to a reasonable question, considering Barca had Messi, Iniesta, Xavi, Alexis, Pedro, Pique and the rest of them, of which one player would he take from Barcelona, by dismissing it and calling it the stupidest question he’s ever heard. There’s been many other instances too so this point is null and void.

Now, why didn’t journalists hit back at Fergie? Two reasons:

1) He was rightly respected around the world for his success, so journalists knew it was harder to have a go at him than Klopp for instance.

2) He would ban them and stop doing interviews with them, which again, he could afford to do due to the respect he had for his success. Klopp can’t do that just yet. Again, John Motson once asked about Keano’s disciplinary issues, another reasonable question, but Fergie simply stormed out and didn’t give him an interviewfor months after that.

3) Success breeds power, and Fergie has more achievements in his little toes than Klopp.

RashyForPM

I think when they went to vote in the managers meeting for five subs, Wilder voted against saying that it only benefits the big clubs . Sheffield Utd will be relegated with Wilder in charge
They will, but I don’t care. Sorry if I’m interpreting your words wrongly but you’re sounding just like Klopp by saying SU will go down because of 3 subs. No they won’t. They will go down because they have a Championship-level squad and tactics which have been found out after a honeymoon period. Saying that 3 subs is why they will go down is illogical and simply stupid.

Tarrou

After the 2011 CL final, Fergie replied to a reasonable question, considering Barca had Messi, Iniesta, Xavi, Alexis, Pedro, Pique and the rest of them, of which one player would he take from Barcelona, by dismissing it and calling it the stupidest question he’s ever heard. There’s been many other instances too so this point is null and void.

1) He was rightly respected around the world for his success, so journalists knew it was harder to have a go at him than Klopp for instance.

2) He would ban them and stop doing interviews with them, which again, he could afford to do due to the respect he had for his success. Klopp can’t do that just yet. Again, John Motson once asked about Keano’s disciplinary issues, another reasonable question, but Fergie simply stormed out and didn’t give him an interviewfor months after that.

3) Success breeds power, and Fergie has more achievements in his little toes than Klopp.
that just a light-hearted quip and I doubt the journalist took any offence to it

but in any case I agree Fergie was out of line at times, just as Klopp is

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Don't you think the TV companies are the easy target as managers know if they criticise the PL they will be up on a charge. It is the PL who need to alter their scheduling, but they don't give a toss about the CL/EL. The PL don't even care about the players as long as they are pulling the money in.
Changing schedule isnt easy. There's constrain in policing, transportation, and the snowball effect. I read once that in determining the schedule they have lots and lots of constrain every year it becomes almost identical.

As long as it's agreed upon from the start then it's tough luck. The fa doesnt make schedules on the fly, everything is preplanned There's no room for playing favorites

hubbuh

First of all that is a really stupid bloody question. Seriously? Second of all context matters. Come on, post Champions League final loss to Barcelona (second in time in couple of years) versus a draw to Brighton?! Weird comparison.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Is there a club as self-pitying as them in world football? Genuinely?

Their manager, their captain and at least two other high-profile players (Robertson and Milner, judging by the BBC article linked earlier) are basically calling for VAR to be scrapped. All because they were on the receiving end of three correct decisions yesterday.

What in God’s name is going on? Are the media and football authorities just going to let them off with this show of petulance and no little arrogance? Jesus wept.

Just watched MOTD.

What a load of self-interested, prima donnas Liverpool and their pundits are.

both Liverpool goals were offside. The Mane ‘goal’ was the result of a blatant wrong decision.

the welbeck pen was a pen.

Henderson and Danny Murphy spouting that VAR depends to be ditched, because they got ALL the decisions right. Hilarious.

when Micha Richards sounds like a sane pundit, you know the other pundits are talking complete bollocks.

I have sympathy about the 12:30 KO, but the PL hasn’t looked after top clubs for nearly 30 years, only now is it affecting Liverpool and they are throwing their toys out of the pram.

for decades the PL have disadvantaged clubs who are playing in Europe. It is not new.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
As much as I dislike the guy, it's always a bit daft to fault a trainer / player being interviewed just minutes after a dissappointing result and then point out, hah, he seemed irritated, what a tit!

POF

Is there a club as self-pitying as them in world football? Genuinely?

Their manager, their captain and at least two other high-profile players (Robertson and Milner, judging by the BBC article linked earlier) are basically calling for VAR to be scrapped. All because they were on the receiving end of three correct decisions yesterday.

What in God’s name is going on? Are the media and football authorities just going to let them off with this show of petulance and no little arrogance? Jesus wept.
Crazy isn't it? The incredulity over the penalty award by Liverpool of all teams beggars belief.

The one against West Ham was only a few weeks ago and was far softer.

They've had plenty of penalties awarded over the last few seasons that you watch and grudgingly agree is technically a penalty as there is contact, however minimal. Then one is given against them and the toys start flying.