Kobbie Mainoo

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Looks very talented at youth level. Hope we give him some minutes

Gordon S

What sticks out for me is his awareness, the reason he looks so calm under pressure is not that he is strong, he knows where the oppos are and where he should go.
If our strikers finds their scoring boots maybe he can get a few minutes on thursday.

Bertie Wooster

He's looking very good and impresses every time I watch him.

I've also got differing degrees of hopes for Hannibal, Garnacho, Laird and Fernandez. Especially Hannibal, who I've really enjoyed watching and would absolutely love to see in the first team squad at some point.

But of these five 'most likely', I think Mainoo has the best chance of establishing himself in the long run. He already offers a fairly complete CM game, and looks, at 17, like he wouldn't be out of his depth - physically, mentally or technically - in senior football.

Last edited:

Gordon S

Looks like a proper talent! Easy on the eyes this kid. Get the feeling he is ready to step up and go out on loan already in january.

Mwooyo

Needs to work a lot harder
Agreed..he is very talented but he needs to actually work alot harder as a DM. Today he didnt seem bothered as cadiz players played the ball through our midfield. All this is okay for now though...he is young and will learn all this in due course. On the positive side he showed his hold up, his passing and on ball skills are top notch. He has what is needed to make it at united. Its now down to him to reach out and take what is his

Bondi77

Is he an u18 England regular?

I have just checked and seen he has represented at u17 and u18.

Last edited:

NoPace

Is he an u18 England regular?
I have just checked and seen he has represented at u17 and u18.
He does look like the kind of midfielder England need next to Bellingham and Rice, in the role Henderson is playing for the last time. England are really short there. Gallagher and Ramsey seem like the next guys up and Dewsbury-Hall is okay but probably just a few caps sort of guy, but most of the midfield talent England have is concentrated in #10s and wingers. I'd put a small bet on Ramsey improving under Emery and starting at the Euros in '24 if that was possible already.

Black Alabaster

What I love about his signature languid looking dribbling style is the way he knocks the ball away from his body but is already in a slow powerful gliding stride where he can change directions and use his power to do sharp explosive tricks, flicks and movements. His goal great example taking it on the turn selling two defenders and exploding into the open space, so smart.

I thought he should of had a pen as well he done one of their defenders with a feint and defender left a leg and looked guilty as sin skipping away like he knew.

Stylistically he is such a great profile, I don't remember Ravanelli well but the only comparable recent players I can think of are Pogba & Moussa Dembele that Spurs had a few years ago for me, more Dembele. Powerful movements, gliding past players, holding them off using body really well, using La Pausa in midfield, it's fantastic to watch.

Really see a young Dembele there and I really wanted him as well so I am excited for Mainoos' development. He is so good around the box too though I dont know if he would be wasted as a #6 maybe he will end up box to box?

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Agreed..he is very talented but he needs to actually work alot harder as a DM. Today he didnt seem bothered as cadiz players played the ball through our midfield. All this is okay for now though...he is young and will learn all this in due course. On the positive side he showed his hold up, his passing and on ball skills are top notch. He has what is needed to make it at united. Its now down to him to reach out and take what is his
That's good, ETH will be able to work on the weaker parts of his game, and if he wants to succeed at Old Trafford, then he will take that on board and improve in those areas.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Super talent - don’t think he was close to his best last night mind

NoPace

Struggled to get on the ball against Betis and then struggled on it. You could see the physical qualities, but miles behind Iqbal in terms of positioning.

lysglimt

Scout
Struggled to get on the ball against Betis and then struggled on it. You could see the physical qualities, but miles behind Iqbal in terms of positioning.
Well he is 2 years younger as well