Kobbie Mainoo

dubplate warrior

Greenwood didn't have a regular starting position nor even a regular place in the first eleven before his arrest. You'd have been waiting a long time before being able to draw any kind of definitive conclusion as to whether you could consider him a genuine success.
Pretty sure he started most games this season and would have probably become the main man up front by now. It is what it is.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Greenwood didn't have a regular starting position nor even a regular place in the first eleven before his arrest. You'd have been waiting a long time before being able to draw any kind of definitive conclusion as to whether you could consider him a genuine success.
You’re talking an awful lot of bollox in this thread, none of which is about Mainoo. You should probably give it a rest.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Pretty sure he started most games this season and would have probably become the main man up front by now. It is what it is.
Interchanging between him, Sancho and Rashford with Greenwood often being the first choice to be substituted if I remember correctly (but I could be wrong). We'll of course never know if he would become the main striker given just how challenging it is to play effectively in that position. Concur with the bolded part.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Insulting another member
You’re talking an awful lot of bollox in this thread, none of which is about Mainoo. You should probably give it a rest.
Well you'll always be a sanctimonious windbag so we each have our crosses to bear. Sorry, just had to get that in there. Happy to stop now if you like?

Demaw

It's great to see a deep-lying midfielder in a Man Utd shirt look so comfortable in that position.
Yes, the only thing is I haven't seen him yet use his left foot. What a player and what improvement in 12 months. I remember thinking he was a good player but this season, wow!! Massive progress.

VDG17

Its great to see that a day after Rangnick talks about our young players needing to add physicality to eventually make it that Mainoo goes flying in with such a strong challenge like that near the end. Not saying the two things are linked but he's absolutely on the right path in the way he's playing games at the moment.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Bit of a lucky deflection on that cross but man did he bully that kid on the wing :lol:

Trequarista10

Looks a talent, refreshing to see.

Over the years it seems that we've usually produced large numbers of midfielders who are very neat and tidy on the ball, but lack much physicality. This kid looks like the sort of player Arsenal and Chelsea academies produce more frequently, with skill and power in abundance.

Thiagoal

This kid is the best- all round- midfielder I’ve ever watched in the 18’s! Pogba and Ravel were clearly class on the ball but Mainoo doesn’t just have class, he’s tenacious, tactically very aware and makes the right pass 99 times out of 100.

I’m certain he’ll be playing for the first team within 12 months

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
This kid is the best- all round- midfielder I’ve ever watched in the 18’s! Pogba and Ravel were clearly class on the ball but Mainoo doesn’t just have class, he’s tenacious, tactically very aware and makes the right pass 99 times out of 100.

He’s 16 years old. Steady on.

JohnnyKills

Get him in now!!

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
Jesus is that all he is? Going to be some player if he stays injury-free. Looks so strong.
He’s obviously an early developer. He’s got that same advantage Pogba had in this age group of winning all his physical battles easily. Hopefully he won’t go down the same path of thinking he will always be able to do the same against fully grown adults.

MUFC OK

When do we think we can se this lad in the main squad? At the beginning of next season? He will then be at the same age as when Bellingham started playing for Dortmund. Must admit he looks absolutely amazing.
Really hope to see him involved soon. A loan to the championship is more realistic though first. Hopefully goes on tour with Garnacho, Fernandez, McNeill etc.

MUFC OK

He's impressed me every time I've seen him play this season.

Hopefully he continues to progress well next season and is of a decent character, because if he does he's got a chance...
I know his cousin, very hard working and humble family. I think he'll go far but don't want to hype him too much.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
He’s obviously an early developer. He’s got that same advantage Pogba had in this age group of winning all his physical battles easily. Hopefully he won’t go down the same path of thinking he will always be able to do the same against fully grown adults.
Agree. Very easy to get carrier away when watching young players that are that much physical superior to the players they are up against. I remember Mensah creating a lot of hype too.

Technically I actually think Mainoo look a bit rougher around the edges than a few of the others very talented youngsters we have (Isak, Gore for instance). But his pace and strenght always save him. I therefore think we need to move him up quickly to a level where he will not be able to «cheat».

But he is a talent. Will be interesting to see him at the U23s.

Red00012

Really hope to see him involved soon. A loan to the championship is more realistic though first. Hopefully goes on tour with Garnacho, Fernandez, McNeill etc.
He’s 16 he’s not going on loan anytime soon

Bondi77

Great news!
That should save us money in the transfer market then.

MUFC OK

He’s 16 he’s not going on loan anytime soon
Bellingham played championship at 16 though? the earlier he gets some minutes somewhere the better. Do'nt see much point in him playing 18's for the next 2 years.

MUFC OK

The hype machine has gone overdrive already on twitter
Sigh, we don't learn do we? Feet on the ground is important. Some of our youth products act like they've won the Ballon D'or and CL in one when they get their first contract.

GueRed

Agree. Very easy to get carrier away when watching young players that are that much physical superior to the players they are up against. I remember Mensah creating a lot of hype too.

Technically I actually think Mainoo look a bit rougher around the edges than a few of the others very talented youngsters we have (Isak, Gore for instance). But his pace and strenght always save him. I therefore think we need to move him up quickly to a level where he will not be able to «cheat».

But he is a talent. Will be interesting to see him at the U23s.
Felt sorry for Mensah. The hype was ridiculous. Howson and that lot in his ear.

Next Bryan Robson and all that bollocks

Adnan

Talent Spotter
The first time I ever watched Mainoo was in a game against Liverpool earlier in the season where we were comfortably beaten. And in that game it was Mainoo's touch and technique that stood against a Liverpool team who were physically ahead of our players and Liverpool's James Balagizi was comfortably over powering Mainoo in physical duels. But it was Mainoo's ability on the ball that stood out against players like Balagizi who was significantly bigger and quicker than Mainoo.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus

He's only played half a season and hasn't even played in the U23s yet. He's extremely talented but let's just see what happens.

SnoopShug

Watching Kobbie play at his age group showed how much he's ahead of everyone he is. Fredricson showed he's use playing in a more physical environment.

Beaucoup

Watching Kobbie play at his age group showed how much he's ahead of everyone he is. Fredricson showed he's use playing in a more physical environment.
He's a very good player, but he's playing against very poor MLS teams full of U15 and U16 players, so lets not get to carried away.