Kompany leaves City | Joining Anderlecht as Player/Manager

Castia

Yeah they just announced it.

Shocked to be honest, he's still a top defender it will be a loss for City.

The bad part is they will surely go all out for De Ligt now.

haram

Great player. He finally got his quadruple I guess...

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Another for the MLS? Can't see him going to a big European league

Treble

Top defender but you can't rely on him to stay fit.

Interestingly, Otamendi is rumoured to leave too. City will buy another CB and use Fernadinho as a cover when needed.

Jeffthered

Wow.

That's actually a big loss to that club. Nobody close to replacing his presence.

City / Utd stuff aside, I must say that he is one heck of a football player.

Treble

Why not? He only just turned 33 last month. Got a couple more years at the top and he most certainly does not need the classic "one last payday".
Injured for 2/3 of the season.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Yeah they just announced it.

Shocked to be honest, he's still a top defender it will be a loss for City.

The bad part is they will surely go all out for De Ligt now.
It’s not like we have a chance in the first place.

Treble

How would that be any different in America?
I was talking from the perspective of top clubs (in Europe). Dunno about America, maybe midtable clubs in England would go for him if his financial demands are not high.

Mourinhonista

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
City and Guardiola are absolutely ruthless to kick him out. Ferguson would have done the same, here we reward much lesser players such as Young or Jones contract extensions, mind boggling. Signing someone like de Ligt is the smart business. Hopefully with the right players who work their bollocks off, we stand a chance next season.
One can hope...

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Why not? He only just turned 33 last month. Got a couple more years at the top and he most certainly does not need the classic "one last payday".
His pace is gone. Great player but running on memories and is more suited to moving to the US at this stage if his career.

That's how you do it. The mentality has been instilled across the squad now, he's starting to decline so time to move him on. No room for sentimentality.

gibers

On a serious note I reckon we should sign. One person that can directly come to the club adn actually show some leadership but I doubt he would come. These are desperate times.

Never even won that elusive quadruple. Loser.
TBF he won the domestic Quad

redshaw

Our club would've given him a 300k a week pension plan just for scoring.

AFC NimbleThumb

& here we are fighting amongst ourselves because Herrera is of to Paris for a huge payday.

I’m actually somewhat impressed with Citeh on this one; his form towards the end of the season could have led to some unwarranted sentimentality but no, Pep thinks his best days are behind him so they’ll spend £100mil on de Ligt [thats not very impressive] but getting rid of your best defender who’s body betrays him for 5 months of the season is.

buchansleftleg

Fair play to him and City showing good tactics to move him on... but have you read the statement....talk of him cherishing the wise counsel off Sheikh etc etc...clawing self promotion of the ruling family.

This is why I don't want a saudi takeover....even when they do something right it comes with layers of fawning attention that makes the announcement cringe worthy.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
I dunno. I know he's not a one club man, but he's like a one club man. If ya get me. Just can't imagine him elsewhere where it's possible he'd be competing against City.

Havak

Pokemon master
Quite surprised they called time on him now. I thought he'd sign a one-year extension and then call it quits after that.

Unfortunately for every team looking to bolster their defence with the best quality, City are going to have first dibs now most likely. De Ligt is probably on their radar and Kompany leaving is probably a big factor in them being able to sign such a player who will expect to be going straight into the first XI.