Kompany Testimonial

DavidDeSchmikes

Richard Wright- 4 seasons, 0 games.
Originally went to Preston, left after a week due to homesickness, a month later ended up at City.

And where is Shaun 'The Goat' Goater?
No room for Glauber Berti

SplitzMagic

Nobody deserves a testimonial as much as this guy. Citeh blue but he was class both on and off the pitch. If only we’d signed him from Anderlecht...or Hamburg. And to think they paid something like 7m for him.
Had this guy in my football manager 2005 squad as well as aguero when he was at Independiente. They were both wonderkids then.

This was before they joined City... Hmm...

I think the best thing Woody can do is get us a commercial deal with Sports Interactive and use their scouting network as its clearly better than ours. He likes to make deals so let him make the right one. :lol:

Oldyella

I reckon RVP would still have been class that season if we weren't that shit show under Moyes
He really seemed to lose his fire when Fergie left. He made a big deal of wanting to play under him. feck Moyes really was an awful decision..

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Nobody deserves a testimonial as much as this guy. Citeh blue but he was class both on and off the pitch. If only we’d signed him from Anderlecht...or Hamburg. And to think they paid something like 7m for him.
Anybody who’s served 10 years at any club deserves a testimonial as much as Kompany, he ain’t special.

fergiesarmy1

Why is he?
Wouldn’t go as far as calling him a Cnut, but he certainly lucked out by joining city when he did, all this fanfare and legend crap when if it wasn’t for oil money he would have dropped you like a hot potato once one of the then big boys came a knocking.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Wouldn’t go as far as calling him a Cnut, but he certainly lucked out by joining city when he did, all this fanfare and legend crap when if it wasn’t for oil money he would have dropped you like a hot potato once one of the then big boys came a knocking.
OK but he didn't and he became a club legend. Sort of a moot point. You don't just write his status off because it may have gone another way.

fergiesarmy1

OK but he didn't and he became a club legend. Sort of a moot point. You don't just write his status off because it may have gone another way.
I’m meh about it, only played about 300 premier league games. Pretty sure Antonio Valencia played more and won more. We ain’t building no statues or renaming roads over it though.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I’m meh about it, only played about 300 premier league games. Pretty sure Antonio Valencia played more and won more. We ain’t building no statues or renaming roads over it though.
That's not what it's about. Kompany was a dressing room leader and the only constant through City's build and rebuilds. He was a superb centre back for them and always led by example on and off the pitch. He also loved being part of the city of Manchester and has contributed to the city.

fergiesarmy1

That's not what it's about. Kompany was a dressing room leader and the only constant through City's build and rebuilds. He was a superb centre back for them and always led by example on and off the pitch. He also loved being part of the city of Manchester and has contributed to the city.
Fair enough just smacks of more city propaganda to me like paying Patrick Vieira to become a city club ambassador after 46 games for them when he had played hundreds for arsenal.

AFC NimbleThumb

11 years & 265 league appearances makes you a legend at some clubs apparently.

He undoubtedly had a massive impact on where their club is now & was a very good defender but the way that club is trying to fast track a history is ridiculous.

ALSO. I’ve just checked the line ups. It was a United Legends match hosted by the Emirates. Absolutely laughable.

BazzaBear

Definately Banned
That flick pass early in the second half by Scholes was absolutely gobsmacking. If anyone can gif that, I'll happily watch it on repeat for about an hour.

luke511

Man City's twitter captions are pretty cringey

padr81

Supports
Man City
Good job you are only pretty sure and not fully sure.

Kompany - 4 Premier Leagues, 2 FA Cups, 4 League Cups. Played 360 games at City.
Valencia - 2 Premier Leagues, 1 FACup, 2 League Cups, 1 Europa Leaue. Played 340 games at United.

Also for what its worth. Valencia has more trophies than 2/3rds of Uniteds Holy Trinity Statue outside Old Trafford (George Best, Denis Law).

at United...
Wes Brown - 5 League Titles, 2 Champions Leagues, 2 FA Cups, 2 League Cups. - 11 trophies.
Bobby Charlton - 3 League Titles, 1 Champions League, 1 FA Cups. 5 trophies.

Using the logic of what one has won in legendary status, United would have to knock the holy trinity and build one to Brown, Valencia and John O'Shea instead. See how ridiculous that point is?

To expand on the winning futher, United are a club spoiled with winners and legends. 20 League titles and 3 CL's. Valencia was never a key players and involved in a minor amount of that. 2 titles. Less than 1/10th of your clubs major honors.

City in their entire existence have won 6 titles. Kompany has been a huge part of 4 and captain for 3. He literally lifted 50% of our entire haul of league titles.
We've won 6 FA Cups in our existence, Kompany was there for 2. I believe captain in both finals (think he was captain for the day last season).
We've won 6 League Cups, Komapny has again been involved in 4.

We've won 19 major trophies in our existence... Kompany has been involved in 10. Bobby Charton has 6.. 5 at United of their 40+ or whatever crazy number it is. In no way am I saying Kompany is Bobby Charlton, just how stupid it is to dismiss a players impact on a club because another player at another club has won more.

Its the equivalent of saying Vardy can't be a legend at Leicester because Darren Ferguson has the same amount of major trophies. Complete lack of perspective.

fergiesarmy1

Good job you are only pretty sure and not fully sure.

Kompany - 4 Premier Leagues, 2 FA Cups, 4 League Cups. Played 360 games at City.
Valencia - 2 Premier Leagues, 1 FACup, 2 League Cups, 1 Europa Leaue. Played 340 games at United.

Also for what its worth. Valencia has more trophies than 2/3rds of Uniteds Holy Trinity Statue outside Old Trafford (George Best, Denis Law).

at United...
Wes Brown - 5 League Titles, 2 Champions Leagues, 2 FA Cups, 2 League Cups. - 11 trophies.
Bobby Charlton - 3 League Titles, 1 Champions League, 1 FA Cups. 5 trophies.

Using the logic of what one has won in legendary status, United would have to knock the holy trinity and build one to Brown, Valencia and John O'Shea instead. See how ridiculous that point is?

To expand on the winning futher, United are a club spoiled with winners and legends. 20 League titles and 3 CL's. Valencia was never a key players and involved in a minor amount of that. 2 titles. Less than 1/10th of your clubs major honors.

City in their entire existence have won 6 titles. Kompany has been a huge part of 4 and captain for 3. He literally lifted 50% of our entire haul of league titles.
We've won 6 FA Cups in our existence, Kompany was there for 2. I believe captain in both finals (think he was captain for the day last season).
We've won 6 League Cups, Komapny has again been involved in 4.

We've won 19 major trophies in our existence... Kompany has been involved in 10. Bobby Charton has 6.. 5 at United of their 40+ or whatever crazy number it is. In no way am I saying Kompany is Bobby Charlton, just how stupid it is to dismiss a players impact on a club because another player at another club has won more.

Its the equivalent of saying Vardy can't be a legend at Leicester because Darren Ferguson has the same amount of major trophies. Complete lack of perspective.
None of your trophies count anyway, aka cheating at football manager ;)

fergiesarmy1

By the way transfer market.com has Vincent at 265 premier league games with the statue less Valencia at 325

Number4.

Good on them for raising so much cash for charity; but they will be far happier with the amount of coverage the great owners got. The whole PR exercise was a cynically engineered stunt allowing Abu Dhabi to pat Abu Dhabi on the back & they grabbed the opportunity with both hands. There must have been 5 references to them in the 1st hour of coverage.

PoTMS

Watching the highlights of this makes me sad. How many great players did we have the pleasure of playing for us? VDS, Scholes, Giggs, Carrick, RvP. And how much shite did City have in their ranks? How the tables have turned. There's arguably only one player in our current team that would make City's first XI and even he's not consistent.

Red_toad

Fluked, but it looked class. He was trying to pass it somewhere else
Yeah sure he ‘fluked’ it to exactly where he was looking, the ultimate decoy I’ll pass it to where I’m looking just to confuse them :smirk:

padr81

Supports
Man City
Watching the highlights of this makes me sad. How many great players did we have the pleasure of playing for us? VDS, Scholes, Giggs, Carrick, RvP. And how much shite did City have in their ranks? How the tables have turned. There's arguably only one player in our team that would make City's first XI.
Not gonna lie Carrick looked like he could still do a job. head and shoulders the best player on the pitch and some of the guys on our team are still playing pro football (Nasri, Zabeleta, Kompany Jr., Hart.)