Korfball

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Is it played in any serious capacity outside the Netherlands and Belgium?

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Ah Korfball! Yes I've been playing since I was a kid and at one point was touted to go professional. It was only a routine injury that turned into a longer one that stopped me, or so my mum likes to say during family gatherings. I remember one of the local papers ran a story with a picture of me headlined 'Korf Blimey' after I scored the winning touchgoal for our Under-12 team in the dying remnants of playtime. I still have it framed in my hallway actually and sometimes look at it during my more fragile moments, thinking what could have been...

No but seriously, what's Korfball?

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
From what I can tell, it's netball played with a football and a plastic milk crate instead of a net.

Is it played in any serious capacity outside the Netherlands and Belgium?

I think it might be pretty safe to say no. :lol:

Also, it's shocking to discover that @GoranIvanisevic isn't even Croatian. You should change your name in disgra... ah, nevermind.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
From what I can tell, it's netball played with a football and a plastic milk crate instead of a net.

I think it might be pretty safe to say no. :lol:

Also, it's shocking to discover that @GoranIvanisevic isn't even Croatian. You should change your name in disgra... ah, nevermind.
Yeah, I knew that chart. I thought I could also vaguely remember some other countries have some level of participation, but I couldn't be bothered to look this up again. ;)

As for the sport, if I'm not mistaken, it's kinda like basketbal ('korf' is Dutch for 'basket'); except you can't move when you have the ball (or maybe only two steps to shoot or pass?), and the baskets aren't at the end of the pitch, but the pitch continues a bit behind them. Also, I think teams are always mixed-gender. I never played it myself though.