Kostas Manolas

Bestietom

Would like to see Manolas and Milenkovic brought in this window. Sell Jones and Rojo and bring these 2 in.

Patrick08

Think itd be a great signing, plus at that price if true. Reliable fitness, strong physically and in the air, plus an attacking threat from set pieces. Would instantly be our best center back, not that that is hard..
Would be a underwhelming signing. I don't think we should give it up on bailly yet.

Devil81

Someone just paid us 19 million for Solanke. Just saying.
Solanke wouldn't have been on 120k a week.

United will have to take a hit of the transfer fee to offset the potential wage a lower club would need to pay.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool

United will have to take a hit of the transfer fee to offset the potential wage a lower club would need to pay.
Yeah, I didn’t really think of that. 120k, though, for a guy that barely plays. Football has gone mad.

Bobski

Seen him maybe 10 times in his career, never been overly impressed. The description of him being "incredibly quick" early in the thread surprises me as he has always looked a little sluggish on the turn to me. Maybe very fast when he gets up to full speed but those initial steps are what really matter.

Last edited:

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

I just read that Tammy Abraham is about to be offered 120k a week. Let that sink in

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
I am not sure why we're dallying and not paying a bit more to get him ASAP. We need a CB now. It also makes business sense - we'll make the money back just from making the CL, let alone potentially beating PSG and progressing through this year's CL.

Patrick08

We need a CB now.
Do we really? Smalling will come back, bailly will come back in a game, and as a top heavy side we gotta back ourselves to score more than the opponent. Unless we offload in January I don't think we need to panic buy.

We can defend much better than we have under mourinho. Rather go for koulibaly or Ajax prodigy in the summer.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
I'm not sure if he is that great? I haven't watched a lot of him tbf but he just stinks of mediocre to me but I'm not sure why.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Do we really? Smalling will come back, bailly will come back in a game, and as a top heavy side we gotta back ourselves to score more than the opponent. Unless we offload in January I don't think we need to panic buy.

We can defend much better than we have under mourinho. Rather go for koulibaly or Ajax prodigy in the summer.
Yes, we need someone at the back to be our rock. Lindelof has done well but I think he needs a more established figure who is a good all-rounder, including in the air where we are lacking and have conceded from quite a few set pieces.

Smalling, for one, cannot pass the ball. He takes about five minute to set his long legs and pass it 5 yards. We saw what a difference it makes to have a CB who can drive from deep from time to time. None of our current CBs, outside of Lindelof, can do that.

Mcking

Yes, we need someone at the back to be our rock. Lindelof has done well but I think he needs a more established figure who is a good all-rounder, including in the air where we are lacking and have conceded from quite a few set pieces.

Smalling, for one, cannot pass the ball. He takes about five minute to set his long legs and pass it 5 yards. We saw what a difference it makes to have a CB who can drive from deep from time to time. None of our current CBs, outside of Lindelof, can do that.
Jones can.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
If we're looking at buying 2 starting CBs then he might be a decent signing but I don't think he'll pair well with the current CB's that we have (maybe Smalling as he's our best defender) and on his own he won't bring the composure that our defense needs.

Darlington Padgett

Is it really worth it bringing in a player that's probably not our #1 option at this stage? We wouldn't be able to use him in the UCL and the league is already lost. Maybe for the cups and try to get top four?

ErranMorad

At Cb we either need to sign an established world class talent like Koulibaly or go for some young talent with the potential of turning into world class. Our team already contains many "good" players, we don't need to add another.

izec

I am not a big fan of Manolas. He doesnt convince me in the games i saw him (granted only CL games and top games in Serie A). He has decent pace and is strong in the air, but rash and not the greatest on the ball with the occasional brainfart. I dont think he would be a major upgrade on what we have. We need to aim higher.

Go all out on Koulibaly or De Ligt for me, even if the price is twice as much as Manolas.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Is it really worth it bringing in a player that's probably not our #1 option at this stage? We wouldn't be able to use him in the UCL and the league is already lost. Maybe for the cups and try to get top four?
He would be able to play in UCL - the rules have changed.

We have enough good/mediocre CB's. We need the real deal now.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
He is one of the best center backs in the world. How does his clause is so "low"?

ArjenIsM3

I am not a big fan of Manolas. He doesnt convince me in the games i saw him (granted only CL games and top games in Serie A). He has decent pace and is strong in the air, but rash and not the greatest on the ball with the occasional brainfart. I dont think he would be a major upgrade on what we have. We need to aim higher.

Go all out on Koulibaly or De Ligt for me, even if the price is twice as much as Manolas.
Except the price would probably be more than twice as much. Try 3x for Koulibaly. Would rather have Manolas who is better than our current CB's and some budget left for another reinforcement (be it a RW/RB/CM).

Fracture90

Seen it somewhere that his clause is only valid in the summer, in that case we could offer Roma clause worth of money + Rojo.

Ekeke

He is one of the best center backs in the world. How does his clause is so "low"?
Based on what?

He's arguably their 2nd best CB behind Fazio not just this season but last season 2. So are you telling me that Roma have 2 of the best CBs in the world?

Nick7

Based on what?

He's arguably their 2nd best CB behind Fazio not just this season but last season 2. So are you telling me that Roma have 2 of the best CBs in the world?
The same Fazio that was less than stellar at Spurs?