Kouadio Koné

DevilRed

He plays like how I imagined Fred would play right before we signed him.

Either that or a "prime" renato sanches.

:lol:

Devil may care

If we can get Frenkie de Jong then I'd be happy enough with the 2nd midfielder being a young prospect like this lad or Enzo Fernandez from River Plate, we are going to have to buy a couple of cheaper risk options this summer to get the bases we need covered.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Looks like he's got good feet. Would have to adapt to having less time on the ball in the Prem though, probably need a bit of time to see the best of him. Would be very happy for us to sign this type of player though.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I'm not gonna lie as I don't know much about this fella.
To Those who have seen him, can he be a good partner for De Jong seeing how likely that transfer is now?

marktan

A DM that hasn't been hyped to the heavens, won't cost £70m+ like FDJ, Aurelien or Rice? Sign him up.

Mainoldo

I think it's either or, rather than both. They're quite similar in their strengths.
Really? I don’t think we can rely on a 21/22 year old to come in and be a main figure. It would make sense to have Rabiot and have Man Utd (Red Cafe sort it out)come in gradually… it would benefit him and us. Last thing we need is a young CM with high expectations.

If I’m not wrong he has a release clause which is very responsible €38m? Might be making this up.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Really? I don’t think we can rely on a 21/22 year old to come in and be a main figure. It would make sense to have Rabiot and have Man Utd (Red Cafe sort it out)come in gradually… it would benefit him and us. Last thing we need is a young CM with high expectations.

If I’m not wrong he has a release clause which is very responsible €38m? Might be making this up.
I think we need more combinations of midfielders as Casemiro will be first choice and Eriksen is at the moment. I think we need sufficient rotation for Casemiro and competition for Eriksen. I'm not sure signing both does that.

I don't know about the release clause, would make sense though as an alternative then, as I thought the price difference would be huge.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
We still need a magician in our midfield to alternate with Bruno, or support him. But Rabiot and Kone would still be very solid additions this Summer, given United budget limitation. With Case, Bruno, Eriksen, and Rabiot in midfield, we need a few younger CM there to give a bit more energy and cover in long season.

croadyman

We still need a magician in our midfield to alternate with Bruno, or support him. But Rabiot and Kone would still be very solid additions this Summer, given United budget limitation. With Case, Bruno, Eriksen, and Rabiot in midfield, we need a few younger CM there to give a bit more energy and cover in long season.
Got any names (not De Jong)

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Got any names (not De Jong)
For the creative players? Many may disagree, but I think in some "easier" games, we could have Bruno in Eriksen position, and have another playmaker (like Madison) in AMC. I'm convinced that Bruno can do it, and he'll be better than Eriksen in terms of work rate and defensive side, and probably on attacking contribution, too.

Alternatively, many might not fancy him, but I think Neves would be a good option for FdJ.

Last edited:

croadyman

For the creative players? Many may disagree, but I think in some "easier" games, we could have Bruno in Eriksen position, and have another playmaker (like Madison) in AMC. I'm convinced that Bruno can do it, and he'll be better than Eriksen in terms of work rate and defensive side, and probably on attacking contribution, too.

Alternatively, many might not fancy him, but I think Neves would be a good option for FdJ.
Always felt Maddison was made to wear the Utd shirt but can he play that role though

Adnan

Talent Spotter
With Sabitzer possibly going back to Bayern and with McTominay and Donny also looking to leave. I think signing Kone and Rabiot on a free, along with a creative CM could be a possibility. But I do believe a creative CM will be brought in and I can see ten Hag developing someone like a Kone both as a midfielder and as a inverted RB.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
With Sabitzer possibly going back to Bayern and with McTominay and Donny also looking to leave. I think signing Kone and Rabiot on a free, along with a creative CM could be a possibility. But I do believe a creative CM will be brought in and I can see ten Hag developing someone like a Kone both as a midfielder and as a inverted RB.
It's me being greedy with wanting 3 midfielders this summer. If the plan is to have Kone as inverted RB, then getting another CM feels justified.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
It's me being greedy with wanting a 3rd midfielder this summer.

If the plan is to have Kone as inverted RB, then getting another CM feels justified. I'm just not sure with this inverted RB thing, if true we're chasing Frimpong who is more like wingback than midfielder.
It's always good to have players who can give you flexibility as a coach. Frimpong potentially gives us a winger threat going forward and someone like a Kone can provide the inverted fullback option, which allows the deep roaming playmaker the licence to break lines in all phases of play.

And having a variety of options at your disposal as a coach provides many potential solutions.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
It's always good to have players who can give you flexibility as a coach. Frimpong potentially gives us a winger threat going forward and someone like a Kone can provide the inverted fullback option, which allows the deep roaming playmaker the licence to break lines in all phases of play.

And having a variety of options at your disposal as a coach provides many potential solutions.
I maybe old school, but usually manager has a set of best players for his best formation. Changing a formation to fit a player, that player need to be special.

But I don't know. It would probably work for better. It looks like Kone is a good ball carrier with good energy. Player like this is usually flexible for positions.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I maybe old school, but usually manager has a set of best players for his best formation. Changing a formation to fit a player, that player need to be special.

But I don't know. It would probably work for better.
He doesn't need to change formation mate, but rather the mindset is that a head coach who wants to build up through the thirds with Rondos(triangles) and create positional, numerical and qualitative superiorities in all phases of play, will want tactical flexibility along with technical ability.

So if the fullback has been given the licence to create as a winger then the midfielders have to be positionally more disciplined because the CB will have to defend in 1v1s to facilitate the attack minded approach.

But if the fullback is inverting into a midfield position, then you can allow a second central attacker more freedom to create danger for the opponent by facilitating for him by having the fullback take up position next to the DM in midfield. And that provides the balance and structure for the attack to
thrive.

Option 1: The extra attacking threat is coming from a wide area via the fullback.

Option 2: The extra attacking threat is coming vertically via the deep roaming midfielder.

And I think the more options you have as a coach, the more you can do with your tactics. So it's about creating a squad of players who are technically and tactically versatile that provide different solutions at any given time during games.

This guy has world class potential. A true #8 with potential elite ball carrying ability and defensive security. Expect him to be a mainstay in the French team with Tchouameni, Zaire-Emery and Camavinga in the next 10 years.

croadyman

This guy has world class potential. A true #8 with potential elite ball carrying ability and defensive security. Expect him to be a mainstay in the French team with Tchouameni, Zaire-Emery and Camavinga in the next 10 years.
Why aren't we more strongly linked then,wonder if getting his fellow French player Rabiot could help persuade him to join

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
He doesn't need to change formation mate, but rather the mindset is that a head coach who wants to build up through the thirds with Rondos(triangles) and create positional, numerical and qualitative superiorities in all phases of play, will want tactical flexibility along with technical ability.

So if the fullback has been given the licence to create as a winger then the midfielders have to be positionally more disciplined because the CB will have to defend in 1v1s to facilitate the attack minded approach.

But if the fullback is inverting into a midfield position, then you can allow a second central attacker more freedom to create danger for the opponent by facilitating for him by having the fullback take up position next to the DM in midfield. And that provides the balance and structure for the attack to
thrive.

Option 1: The extra attacking threat is coming from a wide area via the fullback.

Option 2: The extra attacking threat is coming vertically via the deep roaming midfielder.

And I think the more options you have as a coach, the more you can do with your tactics. So it's about creating a squad of players who are technically and tactically versatile that provide different solutions at any given time during games.
That will need a fullback who's comfortable to tuck in as CM. We have Shaw who's more than suitable for that duty. I think we've tried to implement that this season. Somehow it's not really successful. Probably because we lack in that true playmaker.

Anyway, we do really lack that midfielder who can carry the ball from deeper. It seems like Kone is that type of player, plus he seems pretty good defensively.

jesperjaap

Disagree. People said far mroe forcefully due to his age the same about Camavinga efore he moved to Madrid. OUr current fiirst choice options are all very experienced, so why cant we fit a quality/exciting/talented player into that regardless of age. Not saying that is Kone as I havent ever seen him play at all, wasnt he one of the players Ragnick was linked with to us?

I think we have an experiened squad pretty much regardless of who goes this summer, dont think the proven/experienced thing people are mentioning is so important, much more so quality as that is what we lack in certain areas....and legs actually, which makes yougner players even more a good option

Mainoldo

Disagree. People said far mroe forcefully due to his age the same about Camavinga efore he moved to Madrid. OUr current fiirst choice options are all very experienced, so why cant we fit a quality/exciting/talented player into that regardless of age. Not saying that is Kone as I havent ever seen him play at all, wasnt he one of the players Rangnick was linked with to us?

I think we have an experiened squad pretty much regardless of who goes this summer, dont think the proven/experienced thing people are mentioning is so important, much more so quality as that is what we lack in certain areas....and legs actually, which makes yougner players even more a good option
Last time I checked Camavinga was playing full back for Madrid and getting sparing minutes in the World Cup.

Which is my point. I’m not saying these players won’t come good. But we need to improve on this season and for that we require elite starters. So Rabiot and Kone work for me. You have the starter and the rotational understudy. It’s good planning.

What’s not good planning is Kone and no-one. We would lose crucial games with him not being up to the job and having to rely on Fred and those types again.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
He looks very promising, can tackle and dribble equally well, we definitely need some young legs in midfield. How much would he cost though?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Last time I checked Camavinga was playing full back for Madrid and getting sparing minutes in the World Cup.

Which is my point. I’m not saying these players won’t come good. But we need to improve on this season and for that we require elite starters. So Rabiot and Kone work for me. You have the starter and the rotational understudy. It’s good planning.

What’s not good planning is Kone and no-one. We would lose crucial games with him not being up to the job and having to rely on Fred and those types again.
Camavinga is playing full back for Madrid due to injuries and he played sparring minutes in the World Cup for the same reason. He was supposed to be the main back CM but due to Lucas injury and then Théo's own knee injury Camavinga was put on ice in case of emergency.