Kouadio Koné

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

Zoo

Camavinga vibes. Though he’s right footed.

Dempsey19

He looks like he would slot in perfectly for us.

So therefore we probably have no interest.

BerryBerryShrew

'Kinell! Some of the ball manipulation and close control in that video is Iniesta-like. Was this a freakish display (like McTom against Leeds) or does he actually play like this week in week out?

Irrational.

Looks perfect. We’ll probably let him go to a stepping stone club before getting embroiled in a summer long transfer saga to get him for £150 million in 2023 all the whole Rangnick smugly says “I told you this lad was special.”

ti vu

Only be able to see him in a handful of games last season. He's not an out out no6 off the first impression. His role is more comparable to Camavinga at RM.

Another exciting French midfielder prospect worth signing of course. But IMO that pivot/deep play maker is still a must regardless of this pursuit.

Jibbs

He looks like he would slot in perfectly for us.

So therefore we probably have no interest.
I think media is just linking us with all the player Ragnick recommended, but since arrival of ETH, we have turned towards entirely different targets.

Orange Tree

Looks great. I prefer Tchouameni, but we have no chance of signing him without CL and Madrid being involved.

Get this lad to play alongaide De Jong or Neves. That's midfield sorted for next season.

Vapor trail

Reckon he'll become a very good player. Lots of qualities that the midfield is currently lacking.

IrishRedDevil

I mind watching a video of Fred playing like that vs City in the Champions League. Then we signed him and he never ever played like that again.

Tarrou

I'm glad we're getting linked to some midfielders at least

looks decent

Olecurls99

Looks a seriously capable midfielder. Quick and great tekkers. Sign him up Teny

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I am sure that the likes of Fletcher and Phelan would feel confident managing cone

AFC NimbleThumb

Imma need whoever laid the music over this video to have words with them youtubers cause the typical Oooonts-Ooonts music isn’t for me.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I hope we buy him. 21 year old DM, strong in defending and dribbling.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
Only be able to see him in a handful of games last season. He's not an out out no6 off the first impression. His role is more comparable to Camavinga at RM.

Another exciting French midfielder prospect worth signing of course. But IMO that pivot/deep play maker is still a must regardless of this pursuit.
So he’s kind of like Matic then? Matic gets involved in the buildup as well and has good ability to bring the ball forward

NoPace

Promising. Great feet in that video against Bayern and seems to have played in a 2 (albeit with 3 center backs behind him) with Neuhaus, who I remember from previous seasons being more about passing than doing the running and dirty work.

ti vu

So he’s kind of like Matic then? Matic gets involved in the buildup as well and has good ability to bring the ball forward
Not Matic. Matic is a pivot midfielder in my view. Closer to Kante role in Matic-Kante partnership at Chelsea. Still do plenty of dirty work and more defensive oriented, but with more freedom to press, or join the attack.

Take it with a pinch of salt though. As I only got to watch very limited games.

CM10

I can see the Camavinga comparison from the clip posted further up.

I've not seen him play before, but we're going to need to be clever/imaginative with a couple of the signings we make if we're going to get everything we need this summer.

SAFMUTD

I haven't heard of him but based purely on that performance against Bayern, we should definitely be interested.

afatzp

this is really the kind of deal we should look into . Sign him up please !!

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I mind watching a video of Fred playing like that vs City in the Champions League. Then we signed him and he never ever played like that again.
That's because Fred plays more confident closer to goal. Look at his performance against Atletico recently.

He's not a CDM but we can't help but park 2 midfielders holding hands with the centre backs.

Volksie316

I have never heard of this guy, and that's a GOOD thing in my opinion.

We need work horses in our team, and this guy looks the part.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Looks like a very Rangnick type player. Very box to box high interceptions getting the ball forward very quickly

allen7

He’s a star and is the signings for the future and smart options but would our management approve these? That’s the question

My options are

1. Tchouameni (not possible)
2. Sangare (closest player in terms of skills to Tchouameni)
3. Kone
4. Onana

But we’ll end up with inflated wages with Kante or Neves alongside KDJ

Bojan Djordjic

He's apparently linked to Liverpool too - there's a football scout on twitter I follow (liverpool fan) that does quite good analysis on players every so often and he's provided a good multi-tweet thread discussing Koné pros and cons for those not familiar with his game.

Davie Moyes

He's apparently linked to Liverpool too - there's a football scout on twitter I follow (liverpool fan) that does quite good analysis on players every so often and he's provided a good multi-tweet thread discussing Koné pros and cons for those not familiar with his game.

Thanks for posting the link. His Twitter posts provide a really good summary of the player. I get a much greater feel of what he's like as a player rather than me watching some YouTube videos.

He describes him as very raw but interesting and as a project player, someone to possibly mould into a specific role. Due to that I wonder if we need someone more mature in their play.

Welbeckham

I remember the same video and I wasn’t impressed in the slightest. I was actually surprised to see Fred perform well a couple of years ago, because ever since that video I was convinced he couldn’t.

On the other hand, this guy has some Camavinga vibes, not just the hair but the movement, energy and ball control. There is a ridiculous amount of talent in France, signing all young French PSG rejects would be a much better transfer strategy than whatever we are currently doing.