Nationality: Norway

Height: 198cm
Position: Defender - Centre-Back
Foot: Right
Player agent: SEG
Current club: Brentford FC

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
One to watch, I think those of us play FM are familiar with him. Young and very highly rated and as a Norweigian if he does well I'm sure we'll see a lot of Ole links.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Highly rated at Celtic. Think this is a bit of a coup for Brentford. Shoutout to Celtic fans who were flabbergasted Rodgers left for a ‘smaller club’ in Leicester.

Now one of their best players goes to a newly promoted side in the EPL.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Good signing. He’ll go for ‘Ben White money’ in another year or two. Definitely that type of profile anyway, and Brentford have a terrific eye for players just on the cusp of stardom.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
He is a bit overrated. Erratic and seems to lose concentration regularly at CB. I'm afraid he'll get badly exposed at this level.

KetilOwren88

Watching him for our national team, he hasn’t lived up to the hype yet, and I have serious doubts he will ever become as good as we thought he could. Still young, but too many mistakes and a guilty part of Norway’s leaking defence. It feels so weird that going from Celtic to Brentford is considered a step up. Playing in the PL really helps.

poleglass red

He is a bit overrated. Erratic and seems to lose concentration regularly at CB. I'm afraid he'll get badly exposed at this level.
right now that's my thoughts as well. He's still young enough at 23 to learn and improve, plus playing in a team like Brentford, the pressure won't be as great as say moving directly to a team higher up the league. But yeah I have my doubts about him

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Never ever wins headers. He regularly gets out jumped against smaller strikers and is dreadful in the air when in attack.

Positives. He’s very very quick. He’s absolutely rapid and his recovery pace is excellent. He’s also very good with the ball, especially breaking forward into midfield and even sometimes, into attack. He was a midfielder though and it can show in his positioning at times. He sometimes looks better because of it, being badly positioned and making up ground with his speed.

If he has a solid defensive coach he could be an excellent signing but he’s a coward. He often bottles aerial challenges and hates playing against a big strong striker.

AFC NimbleThumb

Never ever wins headers. He regularly gets out jumped against smaller strikers and is dreadful in the air when in attack.

Positives. He’s very very quick. He’s absolutely rapid and his recovery pace is excellent. He’s also very good with the ball, especially breaking forward into midfield and even sometimes, into attack. He was a midfielder though and it can show in his positioning at times. He sometimes looks better because of it, being badly positioned and making up ground with his speed.

If he has a solid defensive coach he could be an excellent signing but he’s a coward. He often bottles aerial challenges and hates playing against a big strong striker.
Have they signed Lindelof?

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford
Good job we don't rely on our central defenders scoring from set pieces a lot :nervous:

Ekeke

Think he has potential and will do well at Brentford, but yeah in FM the scouts at the top clubs go nuts about him and he goes straight from Celtic into the first team of a top club. Not whats happened here :lol: Reminds me of all those years of Vela becoming a top striker at Arsenal in game.

Down the line after he does well at Brentford I think theres a chance he still gets his chance at a big club but maybe its in his prime years rather than early 20s

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City

It's one thing to critique a player but to call him a coward is plain ignorant. It's the kind of thing a coward would do.

Laphroaig

This. He'll never be a possible United signing, I'd be happy enough if he turns into a decent PL player. But good to see him finally move to a proper league.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
It's one thing to critique a player but to call him a coward is plain ignorant. It's the kind of thing a coward would do.
No it’s not. But I suppose that sums up your entire post.

It’s something you cannot coach.

When a player regularly struggles against a stronger opponent and frequently hesitates going into a challenge both on the ground or in the air, they are a coward. He is all about ground game and absolutely dreadful in the air because his heart isn’t in it when it comes to a battle. You will regularly find him screaming on the ground after an aerial challenge or if he mistimed his jump, standing with his hand up for offside. That became a meme in Scotland for a while. It didn’t really matter how far inside the forward was, he’d be standing claiming anyway. It really annoyed Chris Sutton though so that was a bonus.

He has a lot of potential though but more often than not, he does look like a player who was a midfielder drafted in to play at centre back. I think a back 3 would suit him better and it was tried at Celtic but quickly ditched because they didn’t have anyone else to play there. Shane Duffy was a disaster.

He could go on to be an excellent defender but don’t be fooled by his height. He’s not an aerial threat in the opposition box at all.

Odin

No it’s not. But I suppose that sums up your entire post.

It’s something you cannot coach.

When a player regularly struggles against a stronger opponent and frequently hesitates going into a challenge both on the ground or in the air, they are a coward. He is all about ground game and absolutely dreadful in the air because his heart isn’t in it when it comes to a battle. You will regularly find him screaming on the ground after an aerial challenge or if he mistimed his jump, standing with his hand up for offside. That became a meme in Scotland for a while. It didn’t really matter how far inside the forward was, he’d be standing claiming anyway. It really annoyed Chris Sutton though so that was a bonus.

He has a lot of potential though but more often than not, he does look like a player who was a midfielder drafted in to play at centre back. I think a back 3 would suit him better and it was tried at Celtic but quickly ditched because they didn’t have anyone else to play there. Shane Duffy was a disaster.

He could go on to be an excellent defender but don’t be fooled by his height. He’s not an aerial threat in the opposition box at all.
It appears you've seen a fair amount more of him than me, your assessment is detailed and may be valid. Labelling Ajer as a coward does not reflect well on the messenger though. Doubling down on this by claiming the trait of holding back in aerial duels "cannot be coached" out of a player is a bit daft. Why on earth do athletes hire mental coaches, many to good effect?

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
It appears you've seen a fair amount more of him than me, your assessment is detailed and may be valid. Labelling Ajer as a coward does not reflect well on the messenger though. Doubling down on this by claiming the trait of holding back in aerial duels "cannot be coached" out of a player is a bit daft. Why on earth do athletes hire mental coaches, many to good effect?
Don’t you think he’s had enough coaching at Celtic and Norway?

Now that’s a bit daft, to use your term.

We will discuss post season 2021/2022 though.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

Been decent so far actually. Hopefully this was the move he needed to stop being a headless chicken.