Krzysztof Piatek

goin4glory

12 goals in his first 7 games for Genoa in Serie A and talk of him being Bayern's replacement for Lewandowski. Considering how many fans are unhappy with Lukaku as a long term option he should be in the conversation of players we look at for the future.

Any Serie A fans seen him on a weekly basis with more insight?

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
12 goals in his first 7 games for Genoa in Serie A and talk of him being Bayern's replacement for Lewandowski. Considering how many fans are unhappy with Lukaku as a long term option he should be in the conversation of players we look at for the future.

Any Serie A fans seen him on a weekly basis with more insight?
I may be wrong but he hasn't scored 12 goals, even if he is clearly the main goalscorer there. @Kostur already mentioned him. If I was Juventus would sign him perfect option to have when you have Cristiano or Mandzukic there. Must say didn't watched any game from him, but certainly it can't be only luck. Lots of Polish players adapt very well to Serie A.

mav_9me

I may be wrong but he hasn't scored 12 goals, even if he is clearly the main goalscorer there. @Kostur already mentioned him. If I was Juventus would sign him perfect option to have when you have Cristiano or Mandzukic there. Must say didn't watched any game from him, but certainly it can't be only luck. Lots of Polish players adapt very well to Serie A.
Just checked. It does appear he has scored 12 goals in all appearances.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I was mentioning on Serie A, but its possible he scored for Copa Italia, anyway he is the new revelation there absolutely.

Kostur

海尔的老板
I was mentioning on Serie A, but its possible he scored for Copa Italia, anyway he is the new revelation there absolutely.
It's 8 in 6 in Serie A and 12 in 7 in Serie A + Coppa. He scored 4 a against Lecce on his official debut, was scoring like crazy in pre-season too.

redIndianDevil

Wasn't Belotti banging them in a while ago and then everything has gone a bit quiet for him.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I’m very much open to any strikers who could potentially come in and do a better job than Lukaku.

I’m more keen to see how Moussa Dembele gets on at Lyon this season though. If he steps up at that level and has a strong season, he’s probably next up in terms of young strikers. 22 now so a good age.

This fecker keeps scoring against me on PES.
Glad to see he's abit decent.
Now I'm going to be less harsh on my teams defending.

SambaBoy

The guy is obsessed with scoring goals, doesn't look to get involved much in the build up play so it's hard to assess that but you can tell the only thing on his mind is how many goals can he get?

Really impressive start to life in Serie A and will be interesting to see how he progresses in the next few years. Hopefully United are keeping tabs on him.

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
Can we get someone mobile with great dribbling who can do magic on his own? Someone like Aguero, the no9 these days are a bit limited, when it comes to who is available? I mean especially playing with wide forwards who get behind would be great to have someone like that. BTW I think we should definitely try A. Sanchez there, after all he will have to play due to his wage and demands to play every game, unless he wants out becasue otherwise he's quite finished fromt he wing and we can make space for Rashford or Martial.

And yes I am thinking about situation post Mou

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I’m very much open to any strikers who could potentially come in and do a better job than Lukaku.

I’m more keen to see how Moussa Dembele gets on at Lyon this season though. If he steps up at that level and has a strong season, he’s probably next up in terms of young strikers. 22 now so a good age.
Jesus, didn’t know he’d left. Thought he was just injured

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Jesus, didn’t know he’d left. Thought he was just injured
I hope you’re not a casual Celtic fan in that case! Imagine waiting for your best player to return any game now before realising he’s fecked off to France!

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
How's the quality of his goals? I haven't seen them yet. Were they good goals or mostly tap-ins?

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
How's the quality of his goals? I haven't seen them yet. Were they good goals or mostly tap-ins?
A variety of finishes but all quality tbf to him. Snapshots, headed goals, round the keeper and from outside the box.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Poland got some good young players coming through ,Linetty who's scored for Sampdoria tonight is another to watch.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Poland got some good young players coming through ,Linetty who's scored for Sampdoria tonight is another to watch.
Yep, we are going there this month and all of a sudden they look much better after the WC, liked the way they played in Italy. Last time we won there was in 1983, so getting a draw there wouldn't be a disaster imo.

Flanders Devil

Based only on YouTube compilation, for some reason it reminded me of watching Suárez at Ajax... totally different style of player but just looks like a raw fighter who knows how to score a goal and would be painful to play against.

Can head a ball too- so Mourinho would love that.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
He’s a great talent. I didn’t really believe in his hype when he was here and put it down to poor quality of the league but he’s been mental for Genoa and has scored at every level he’s played so far. Definitely our best talent since Lewandowski broke on the stage 8-9 years ago.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
I don’t think it’s goals we need from a striker. Lukaku could hit 30+ with better service. We need a striker who’s a better all-round forward.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
He's been great in Italy so far but it seems all of our players are in recent times. Bereszyński, Zieliński, Linetty. Even Wszołek had some great games there like away in Rome and he's never been that highly rated here in Poland so either the general level of the league is not that high or we do have a fantastic, upcoming talents. Or simply Italy suits us. Always difficult to notch goals up down there if you're a striker so here's hoping. The lad has confidence in spades from what they say here. Too early to tell but whoever takes a punt on him and get him for a bottom dollar now may strike gold.

el3mel

Only thing I got from this video is feeling depressed even fecking Genoa cross the ball better than us.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Poland going to play two upfront in the upcoming games?

To bench him just because it's Lewandowski would be criminal.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
They normally play 2 anyway with milik right?
Milik was on the bench at the WC although probably not fully fit after his bad injury.

Game v Italy last month they played Lewa upfront on his own wit Kilch, Zielinski and Blaszczykowski in support.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Poland going to play two upfront in the upcoming games?

To bench him just because it's Lewandowski would be criminal.
We probably should, we would keep playing that if Milik hasn't struggled with his ACL injuries and if Zieliński's form hasn't gone up. For me, Zieliński is still shit, at least for our NT, so it's only natural we played with two strikers, Piątek now is one of the most in-form strikers in whole Europe so to overlook it would be simply silly. We can tinker around with the system too given that we don't have wingers anyway, perhaps a 442 diamond so that we can fit all Lewy, Zieliński and Piątek in but I doubt it.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Can't believe you still call Grosicki up, guy has pretty much done nothing at Hull for 18 months.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Is he a big enough talent for us? We should go for him if his insane goalscoring start at Genoa this season is a sign of things to come. We shouldn't miss out on all the next great striking talents because of Lukaku who aren't even sure is good enough to be a top striker.

But I see just that happening. Due to Lukaku, CF position will not be touched for long while and as such will not be treated as an area of priority.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Is he a big enough talent for us? We should go for him if his insane goalscoring start at Genoa this season is a sign of things to come. We shouldn't miss out on all the next great striking talents because of Lukaku who aren't even sure is good enough to be a top striker.

But I see just that happening. Due to Lukaku, CF position will not be touched for long while and as such will not be treated as an area of priority.
Too early to tell, even though Piątek is putting up historic Batistuta/Vieri level numbers and is probably the best developing striker this season with André Silva, Maxi Gómez and François Kamano. Works quite hard for the team, but his touch isn't consistently precise from what I've seen and his all-round game could use further refinement — this purple patch high will subside at some point, and then we'll see his normal level in Serie A. That being said, he's been a breath of fresh air thus far and seems really confident/intense in his approach even aside from the goals, so this may well be the next step in his evolution, and a gamble by a bigger club might bear massive dividends given the dearth of quality 9s and the going rate for the better talents. For what it's worth, I think he should stay in the Serie A if his market value doesn't become astronomical — the league is in an upswing, and suits Polish players going by their recent history — would be a good signing for a club like Roma considering Džeko's age and Schick's limited impact, or even Inter if Icardi moves in the summer — either club would represent an organic step-up from Genoa.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Can't believe you still call Grosicki up, guy has pretty much done nothing at Hull for 18 months.
We don't have wingers. He's shit plus a gambling addict, probably an alcoholic too, our NT has been a low-key circus for some time though.

There was a massive outrage when he wasn't called up last time, he's got plenty of 'friends' in the media and the fans tend to like him because he's dumber than your average Pole so there's that.

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
he's not United material, give him at least one more season in Italy, we could as well sign Crouch